Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Mines four weeks on Wednesday in London.

I've been to Canada on the U-35 already, so I see no reason for them to refuse me, but there was a tiny discrepancy on the jobs on my CV and on the application form (Left out ones I felt weren't important from IEC application). I know it's tiny, but it's the type of stuff you begin to fret over at this stage!

I'm 140 ish on the USIT list at the mo. If I was refused, I think I'd just go with them to put my mind at ease!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

DazzlerIE wrote: »

I've been to Canada on the U-35 already, so I see no reason for them to refuse me, but there was a tiny discrepancy on the jobs on my CV and on the application form (Left out ones I felt weren't important from IEC application). I know it's tiny, but it's the type of stuff you begin to fret over at this stage!

I'm 140 ish on the USIT list at the mo. If I was refused, I think I'd just go with them to put my mind at ease!

y not reapply again..... directly, no mistakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

Demo2011 wrote: »
    4 weeks & 1 day. My application has been in London since Feb 3rd. The wait / worry is starting to really get to me.
    im 4 weeks in london yesterday so we are all in the same batch .....fingers crossed we will all get them together.....and today preferrably:D:D:D

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    y not reapply again..... directly, no mistakes...

I'm just a worrier! If they spell out exactly what it gets refused for then I'd probably just apply directly again tho

I'm just a worrier! If they spell out exactly what it gets refused for then I'd probably just apply directly again tho

yeah i know, problem is they never spell out everything.....

• Advertisement

:(:(:(:( .....ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Ahhhhhhhh im only there since the 14th of Feb and I thought I would have mine in the next week or so but you guys have been there way longer!:D

I still have to do a medical too, which is an extra 3 weeks! I have my flights booked for May so im just hoping its all sorted by then!!!! :mad:

Ahhhhhhhh im only there since the 14th of Feb and I thought I would have mine in the next week or so but you guys have been there way longer!:D

I still have to do a medical too, which is an extra 3 weeks! I have my flights booked for May so im just hoping its all sorted by then!!!! :mad:

you've more stones than me booking the flights and all :)

Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Ha i know ya! I was convinced I would get the visa no bother but these forums are freaking me out and im glued to them!!!!!!

Ha i know ya! I was convinced I would get the visa no bother but these forums are freaking me out and im glued to them!!!!!!

you'll be fine!

I just don't understand how the visas are being dished out in such paltry amounts at the moment, considering the sheer number of people who have applied

Like two people have got them on here, and a similar number accross the British Expats forum.

Another two or three on USIT's facebook, and maybe 5-10 on Bunac's page

It's weird

• Advertisement

:(:(
    you've more stones than me booking the flights and all :)

Fair play!

i want to book flights !!!!..... :(.. em maby they have fixed small / tiny errors for us on the application form, if amendments were made, ...

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    get a job in LIDLS !!!
    ill end having to get a job there if i dont get the e-mail...:D

den1982 wrote: »
    ill end having to get a job there if i dont get the e-mail...:D

you might be up against, lots of people for the interview... do you have retail experience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Girl in the UK just got hers.

http://www.facebook.com/bunaccanada

This waiting is pure murder.

Another person just got it... this is torture

obeara wrote: »

:/

are we goin to get them at all:mad::mad::mad:im 6 weeks waiting.....im GREY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

im getting greys too den :eek: see another person on bunac got it. im emotionaly drained:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

beano345 wrote: »
    im getting greys too den :eek: see another person on bunac got it. im emotionaly drained:D

Most of the people on the bunac fb page have went direct as well,so it's not because they are signed up with bunac that they are getting theirs. its just a really slow and unorganised process. they are obviously not sticking to the "first come, first served" basis they claimed. the last guy's was sent from paris to london less than 4 weeks ago. :mad:

maire61 wrote: »
    Most of the people on the bunac fb page have went direct as well,so it's not because they are signed up with bunac that they are getting theirs. its just a really slow and unorganised process. they are obviously not sticking to the "first come, first served" basis they claimed. the last guy's was sent from paris to london less than 4 weeks ago. :mad:

i see a few people this happened too,got it in a short time..wonder what line of work they were in!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Hi all, quick question, I am applying for mine now. I need to get the Garda certificate - anyone know how long this takes?
    I'm going with my boyfriend so have added him on my app as my common law partner and he has filled out his own app and added me on it.
    Have letter from bank sorted, CV matches application.
    The app gets posted to Paris and then on to London is that correct? Is it worthwhile to courier it?
    Does everyone get asked to do a medical or do they contact you if you need one?
    Is your application usually rejected in France ie if you make it to London does that mean you're in?
    Sorry for all the questions - don't wanna do anything stupid on my application.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

They did give an estimate of 8 weeks end to end.
    Nobody has any idea how they are being processed or how much time it takes to do each one.
    I also imagine embassies may have higher priority tasks, like helping citizens that may be in Libya or other trouble spots,

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

im did the same thing DazzlerIE - i didn't put every job on my cv that was on my application form as i didn't think that some of the jobs were relevant to my current qualifications/job and i was told to have my cv only two pages long

could they reject the applications because of this?

gambit83 wrote: »
    im did the same thing DazzlerIE - i didn't put every job on my cv that was on my application form as i didn't think that some of the jobs were relevant to my current qualifications/job and i was told to have my cv only two pages long

could they reject the applications because of this?

Really don't want to jinx myself :)

But I really doubt it, it's just little things like this start to niggle at you after this long!

It'd be such a pain in the hoop to have it rejected this late

Think positive though!

Hi all, quick question, I am applying for mine now. I need to get the Garda certificate - anyone know how long this takes?
    I'm going with my boyfriend so have added him on my app as my common law partner and he has filled out his own app and added me on it.
    Have letter from bank sorted, CV matches application.
    The app gets posted to Paris and then on to London is that correct? Is it worthwhile to courier it?
    Does everyone get asked to do a medical or do they contact you if you need one?
    Is your application usually rejected in France ie if you make it to London does that mean you're in?
    Sorry for all the questions - don't wanna do anything stupid on my application.

the garda cert can take up to 6 weeks at most i've been told, some people got theirs in a week or two,yes it goes to paris then onto london,as for courier it dont think it makes a difference i asked my sister who works in a post office she said to make sure its registered that way you can track it.only people who are going to work in childcare need a medical as far as i know.most applications are rejected in france though even if it goes to london it can still be rejected.best of luck with it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

beano345 wrote: »
    the garda cert can take up to 6 weeks i've been told

:eek::eek::eek:

Are you serious? I have a friend of the family who is a garda I'll be giving him a call tonight if that's the case

:eek::eek::eek:

Are you serious? I have a friend of the family who is a garda I'll be giving him a call tonight if that's the case

sorry i edited that bit its around 6 weeks at most some take 1 or 2 weeks . if you know a guard defo get on to them my friend did this and had his in less than a week,sorry didnt mean to worry you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

I just got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally :D

Theres still hope for the rest of ye today!

congratulations you've been waiting a while:D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Wonderful news !!!! Well done - hopefully we will all follow soon :-)

• Advertisement

congrats mate!

How long you waiting in London for?

Advertisement