Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

obeara wrote: »
    I just got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally :D

Theres still hope for the rest of ye today!

how long were u totalling waiting o beara !!!!! congrats;), im so feed up now:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Delighted!

I was received in France Jan 25th and sent to london Feb2nd. Had given up hope of hearing before monday and then the magic 1 appeared in my email :D

Relief! Hopefully ye all hear soon

Delighted!

I was received in France Jan 25th and sent to london Feb2nd. Had given up hope of hearing before monday and then the magic 1 appeared in my email :D

Relief! Hopefully ye all hear soon

im delighted for u, looking at ur posts there,my paper work got sent to london on the 3rd so im a day after you....there's light at the end of the tunnel again so :D:D:D:D:D when u plan on headin anyway???
    IM GOIN ON AN AWFUL BOOZE TONIGHT OVER THE STRESS :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Can't even afford to go boozing I'm saving so much for this bloody trip :)

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Can't even afford to go boozing I'm saving so much for this bloody trip :)

we need to party and relax....doctors orders ...lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

hey you guys .. sup.. just in from the pub,.. at open mic, singing i was also .. lolz.. good pref.. em obera well done!!!! so you were waiting 4 weeks then so.. so il prob hear work next tuesday . maby.... ohhh im soo nervous.. yeah. it would not be nice to hear if one got rejected atfer waiting more than 4 + weeks in the uk...

.... :eek::(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:...

den1982 wrote: »
    we need to party and relax....doctors orders ...lol:D

den1982 is right... .. you can pull a cheapy night out... easily... tomorow night... im being dragged out, guess ill try to relax...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

I just got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally :D

Theres still hope for the rest of ye today!

So jealous!!!!!! Well done i think i have a few more weeks to wait so:(!!!!

Lucky you!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Its really bugging me that those of us already here in Canada on a one year visa cant just apply to extend it to the two years, without the whole hassel of having to apply and meet the criteria of the IEC initiative.
    It just doesnt make sense! Ive been offered a job this week that requires me to commit to at least a year, and Ive been here 6 months already so now I have to go through the whole IEC application process and not even guaranteed Ill get it! Its crazy. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

They probably want to ensure that the most people possible get to experience the program, if you thinking of staying longer I would ask your company about applying for a Labour Market Opinion or similar

• Advertisement

gambit83 wrote: »
    im did the same thing DazzlerIE - i didn't put every job on my cv that was on my application form as i didn't think that some of the jobs were relevant to my current qualifications/job and i was told to have my cv only two pages long

could they reject the applications because of this?

the number of feilds were 5 to 6. no they should not refuse you, they wil go by what s on your CV , these jobs must then be filled out exact same on the application form. and also its none of their business what job you worked at prior to being training and or educated we all have to start from the bottom up and work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Hey. I'm going to Toronto for a week, next week. Can anybody recommend some good and cheap bars, restaurants and niteclubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

red menace wrote: »
    They probably want to ensure that the most people possible get to experience the program, if you thinking of staying longer I would ask your company about applying for a Labour Market Opinion or similar

Ya I guess, but one of the reasons the second year was allowed to stop people staying on illegally in Canada. I might suggest the LMO but I had told them at the interview I can stay for 2 years... opps :o

Is it a difficult process do you know red menace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Well I'm just starting out on it but the form is quite long and theres a good bit in it.
    The employer needs to be able to prove they couldn't get a Canadian to fill the job so they need to have resumes and the dates that job was advertised and there it was advertised

Here we go for another week checking my inbox!

Four weeks in London on Wednesday

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Here we go for another week checking my inbox!

Four weeks in London on Wednesday
    same here....5 weeks though this thursday....:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

same here....5 weeks though this thursday....:(:(:(

Snap (6 weeks today since application recieved in Paris & 5 weeks on Thursday since it was sent to London)

At least only 2 more weeks left in total !

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Snap (6 weeks today since application recieved in Paris & 5 weeks on Thursday since it was sent to London)

At least only 2 more weeks left in total !
    we should get it so together ,fingers crossed.....it seems to be towards end of week when they give out the visas though so another long stressful week again:eek: unless they are goin to surprise me and put me out of my misery today and make my day:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

we should get it so together ,fingers crossed.....it seems to be towards end of week when they give out the visas though so another long stressful week again:eek: unless they are goin to surprise me and put me out of my misery today and make my day:rolleyes:

that would be nice...we can always hope! good luck all for this week! :D

DazzlerE...... im exact same as you, 4 weeks in uk this wednsday!!!!!

• Advertisement

maire61 wrote: »
    that would be nice...we can always hope! good luck all for this week! :D
    best of luck too girl....5 weeks this thur in london...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

wahhoooo finally got my letter of introduction:D:D:D:D:D hope the rest of yous get it soon!

beano345 wrote: »
    wahhoooo finally got my letter of introduction:D:D:D:D:D hope the rest of yous get it soon!

Congrats beano!

How long were you in London for?

oh oh .... !!! beano really????? .. congrats mister..... !!!!... drinks al round i geuss... were you waiting 5 weeks ?? or 4 weeks??

4 weeks i think! it went to london 4th of february,really hope yous get it soon,i was preparing for another day of torture:D:D

4 weeks i think! it went to london 4th of february,really hope yous get it soon,i was preparing for another day of torture:D:D

oic.. well maby 4 weeks and 3 days . if they count the days in the weekend that is.. no way!!!.. you gona book your flights now?? when you heading over

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    oic.. well maby 4 weeks and 3 days . if they count the days in the weekend that is.. no way!!!.. you gona book your flights now?? when you heading over

hopefully book flights this week plan on going end of may:D im sure you's should hear something this week:D thank god thats over:cool:

hopefully book flights this week plan on going end of may:D im sure you's should hear something this week:D thank god thats over:cool:

it think i need a medical.. so havnt a clue what way they do that. lolz... ah ok. you gona do your backflip now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

Congrats! They seem to be picking up the pace now :D

• Advertisement

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    it think i need a medical.. so havnt a clue what way they do that. lolz... ah ok. you gona do your backflip now.

lol oh yeah....backflip straight into a bar stool lol you going to work in childcare??

Advertisement