Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

beano345 wrote: »
    lol oh yeah....backflip straight into a bar stool lol you going to work in childcare??

no no..... never!!! .. biotechnology. !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    no no..... never!!! .. biotechnology. !!!

didnt think you'd need a medical for that...suppose you are going to work in the health industry lol how long are you waiting now??

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

hopefully book flights this week plan on going end of may:D im sure you's should hear something this week:D thank god thats over:cool:

Thinking end of May myself

Two week holiday to visit my ex in Ontario, then onwards back to Vancouver

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Thinking end of May myself

Two week holiday to visit my ex in Ontario, then onwards back to Vancouver

have you been over before dazzler?? is it good??:D hear alot of people saying work is hard to come by in vancouver and toronto is the place to be.

didnt think you'd need a medical for that...suppose you are going to work in the health industry lol how long are you waiting now??

em, i think i need one now, but yeah working in labs, dna/protein/fluids/ biologicals/ alsorts. haha.. yeah 4 weeks this wednsday . u in trade.

• Advertisement

have you been over before dazzler?? is it good??:D hear alot of people saying work is hard to come by in vancouver and toronto is the place to be.

yup, got back from a year in Van in October

Never really thought the option to go back would come up, but it did!

I found graduate jobs quite hard to come by.

To give an example, I've worked as a journalist since 2004, including a stint at ESPN, yet when I applied for a job running the website of a dentists in Van I didn't even get a reply

Ended up working in HMV for my year. Pay was ****e, but seriously good laugh!

em, i think i need one now, but yeah working in labs, dna/protein/fluids/ biologicals/ alsorts. haha.. yeah 4 weeks this wednsday . u in trade.

no im a forklift driver lol the best one in the country! :D cant wait to go now!

yup, got back from a year in Van in October

Never really thought the option to go back would come up, but it did!

I found graduate jobs quite hard to come by.

To give an example, I've worked as a journalist since 2004, including a stint at ESPN, yet when I applied for a job running the website of a dentists in Van I didn't even get a reply

Ended up working in HMV for my year. Pay was ****e, but seriously good laugh!

is journalist not on their skills list?? maybe im thinking of australian skills list but sure i seen it somewere

is journalist not on their skills list?? maybe im thinking of australian skills list but sure i seen it somewere

I think it is yea. Going to seriously look at that option in the future. I love it over there

Van weather is amazing. It gets hot halfway through June and stays hot until the middle of September

Winter isn't as bad as Ireland either

there is a list of skills on the embassy itself. Gives you list of companies too.

• Advertisement

no im a forklift driver lol the best one in the country! :D cant wait to go now!

oic... v good. yeah theyd want the best..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tfc484

Hey beano345
    Congrats on getting the letter.
    How long were you waiting altogether.

I think it is yea. Going to seriously look at that option in the future. I love it over there

Van weather is amazing. It gets hot halfway through June and stays hot until the middle of September

Winter isn't as bad as Ireland either

to be honest dazzler i dont think i'll be back to ireland this time made the mistake once of coming back. wont miss the crazy psychotic weather here either.might make a trip to van and see what its like supposed to be number one city in the world to live in. how long is your application in london??

to be honest dazzler i dont think i'll be back to ireland this time made the mistake once of coming back. wont miss the crazy psychotic weather here either.might make a trip to van and see what its like supposed to be number one city in the world to live in. how long is your application in london??

almost four weeks

I'm a little more chilled out about the whole thing after it was pointed out to me that they gave me the visa before, so why would they refuse me a second time?

Hopefully have some good news soon!

Can start planning then!

tfc484 wrote: »
    Hey beano345
    Congrats on getting the letter.
    How long were you waiting altogether.

thanks just over 4 weeks was in london since 4th of feb. hope yous hear soon.that has to be one of the most stressful things ive ever gone through!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tfc484

Mine in only in London just over 2 weeks, I presume I can expect to wait another 3 or 4.
    Enjoy Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jimmymorrison

Got an e-mail for my proof of payment on the 26th of feb but I haven't heard anything back from the embassy in London since to say they have received my documents from the embassy in France.Anyone know is this normal?

Got an e-mail for my proof of payment on the 26th of feb but I haven't heard anything back from the embassy in London since to say they have received my documents from the embassy in France.Anyone know is this normal?

yeah jimmy some people were waiting nearly 2 weeks to hear its been sent to london so i wouldnt worry, did you get an e-mail to say paris has sent it to london??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

wahhoooo finally got my letter of introduction:D:D:D:D:D hope the rest of yous get it soon!

fantastic beano! good stuff! i'm hoping to go out end of may too. hopefully do a bit of travelling around atlantic provinces for a few weeks first then settle in either toronto or halifax for the summer. heading west then in september. thats the plan...all i need is....a VISA!!!!

PANCAKE TUESDAY !!!!!!

• Advertisement

PANCAKE TUESDAY !!!!!!

lol! with nutella!

PANCAKE TUESDAY !!!!!!

ha ha its monday! how long are you waiting maire??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jimmymorrison

yeah jimmy some people were waiting nearly 2 weeks to hear its been sent to london so i wouldnt worry, did you get an e-mail to say paris has sent it to london??

Yeh beano the e-mail said it's been sent to London but just no word yet.The wait goes on I suppose.

I got it!!!! :D

maire61 wrote: »

your letter of introduction ?? well done!!! how long were you waiting ??

your letter of introduction ?? well done!!! how long were you waiting ??

Yup!! So so happy!! Yippeeeee! Good luck folks, there seems to be loads coming out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

Yup!! So so happy!! Yippeeeee! Good luck folks, there seems to be loads coming out today!
    :eek::eek: im still waiting:eek::eek: congrats thou maire

oh i bet!!! were you waiting 4 weeks or more. Em wil it be drinks??? might not bother... tryna save !!!... prob be pancakes with nutella hahahhaha

Congrats ot Marie!

How much cash are you guys planning on bringing?

I brought 5k euro to Van last year and spent it all

Trying to bring a similar amount with me this time, it's an expensive city!

• Advertisement

ha ha nice one! delighted for you hope the rest get good news soon:D

Advertisement