Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Congrats ot Marie!

How much cash are you guys planning on bringing?

I brought 5k euro to Van last year and spent it all

Trying to bring a similar amount with me this time, it's an expensive city!

hmm lol yeah im trying to be a good girl and not spend so much now!!! go out ... and yes the more money the better!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sweetlikejelly

Hey guys,

Got my letter of introduction at 14.36pm today. It had gone to the UK on the 3rd of Feb so that was a four and have week wait for me. My entire processing time was six weks and two days.

Best of luck everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

just got the visa too...whoooooooooooooooooooo:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

yippie for all of us!!! and good luck to the rest of ye! I would have been waiting 5 weeks this thursday,so about time!!! :D

well done den and sweetlikejelly!!!!!.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 sweetlikejelly

Also, just noticed that that 12 month validity period of the letter starts on the day your visa goes to London with conditional acceptance after payment. So thats a little trivia for people just in case it matters to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I've taken from that and other bits that when your file arrives in London they give it a once-over before they throw it in the pile

All rejections from London so far seem to have been pretty quick after it got there

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Coming in thick and fast today it seems! Congrats to everyone who got them! Relief I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Coming in thick and fast today it seems! Congrats to everyone who got them! Relief I'd say.

you said it jimmy!! any word on your application??

em is it not, first day you enter canada your 12 month validity starts ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    em is it not, first day you enter canada your 12 month validity starts ????

yup

he's talking about the 12 months your letter is valid for

They're two different things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

beano345 wrote: »
    you said it jimmy!! any word on your application??

Not yet beano. Only in London 3 weeks tomorrow, so won't go mental until another week at least! Hard not to be though, but looks like everyone is the same way.

who plans on driving over in canada.. heard the test has to be done to get canadian driver liscence. doubt i will. im currently going for my test here atm.... need lots of practice in so i do!!! :/

who plans on driving over in canada.. heard the test has to be done to get canadian driver liscence. doubt i will. im currently going for my test here atm.... need lots of practice in so i do!!! :/

yeah you have to do the test though if you have a full irish licence you can apply to the aa for an international licence! not sure if this is accepted over there either though heres info

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/Motoring-advice/Driving-in-Europe/International-driving-permit.aspx

http://www.irishalien.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11&hilit=license

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

id be interested alright in having a drivers license over.ive full irish license with 10yrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

For Alberta at least
    You need to sit your test to drive here
    But the good news is you move straight to a full license and not onto the graduated program which is the equivalent of an R plate in Northern Ireland/UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

congrats everyone who got there letter of introduction!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Phoneix9

just wondering can u exchange a uk licence for a canadian one without sitting the test

Phoneix9 wrote: »
    just wondering can u exchange a uk licence for a canadian one without sitting the test

as far as i know a uk licence is fine since their commonwealth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Phoneix9

i think ill get a uk licence before i go would be alot handier than sittin the test

• Advertisement

Phoneix9 wrote: »
    i think ill get a uk licence before i go would be alot handier than sittin the test

dont think it can be done anymore have a read of this : http://www.irishalien.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11&hilit=license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

O wow guys loads of YESES today fantastic for ye all!!! :D

Im waiting 3 weeks today so at least another week to go!!!:(

Woop woop!!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Wiggles~

Just a quick question about the proof of third party funds and the letter that has to be presented. Did anyone else who used this just get whoever it was to write a handwritten letter saying 'I promise to be financially responsible for etc..' signed at the bottom. It's the only part of the application i'm confused by.

Should have my application off by Thursday, hoping I haven't left it too late!

em... yeah.. there is two tests, talking to some one i know over there did the test. one for local areas dual carriage ways, towns, cities, minor roads. then another test is for the highway . Both separate tests. ughhh driving is hard work LOLZ.. anyway. ill keep driving to get more confident. beano and den yous gona apply for international driver lisence???

em... yeah.. there is two tests, talking to some one i know over there did the test. one for local areas dual carriage ways, towns, cities, minor roads. then another test is for the highway . Both separate tests. ughhh driving is hard work LOLZ.. anyway. ill keep driving to get more confident. beano and den yous gona apply for international driver lisence???

yeah sure why not it might be some advantage over there, it only cost 10 euro aswell.

yeah sure why not it might be some advantage over there, it only cost 10 euro aswell.

yeah... well i have to pass mine yet .... waiting on a date !!! pfft.. lol.. some instructors idk really are mean up in the test centre..

still nervous about visa!!! bahhahah ..

yeah... well i have to pass mine yet .... waiting on a date !!! pfft.. lol.. some instructors idk really are mean up in the test centre..

i failed 3 times before i got it:D hopefully they arent as bad in canada.think its just another money racket here!

i failed 3 times before i got it:D hopefully they arent as bad in canada.think its just another money racket here!

yeah i know... !! well im just gona go for it anyway. b.c i have time b4 i fly off i geuss. plus it wil be more experience for me to gain more driving and driving progression... i really have to pay attention to filter lights lol.. and progression!!. yes it is money racket!! money that people cant afford in these recessionary timez!! .. im gona do it this time and thats it.. need the money i do to take off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 rushrovers

Wiggles~ wrote: »
    Just a quick question about the proof of third party funds and the letter that has to be presented. Did anyone else who used this just get whoever it was to write a handwritten letter saying 'I promise to be financially responsible for etc..' signed at the bottom. It's the only part of the application i'm confused by.

Should have my application off by Thursday, hoping I haven't left it too late!

thats what i did...... wasnt even on a proper piece of paper.... like some note paper with flowers around the edge. sent off my payment today though and its been sent to london, so it seems to be fine.

Advertisement