Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

den1982 wrote: »
    when do u think ur goin out?? myself and my buddy are thinking of goin the end of this month thou cos work is so scarce...we are headin for the Canadiana Backpackers Inn hostel.meant to be nice, has a cinema and do pub crawls and stuff....:) 6 female dormer for 3 nites is $81. so thats not bad.and we will look for a house to share straight away but what we can gather,most irish aint goin out til may/june kinda...:o:o

hey den... jw u were waiting 5 weeks for the visa in uk yeah, y was that did u hav any errors u could have had, i think maby small errors would hav applications delayed a bit maby.... em did you book your place for stay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 smartietube

Hey all! just heard there is going to be an expo this saturday and sunday in the rds, called working abroad expo. It says on the site that you should bring a c.v so maybe you can sort out a job before you leave.

Hey all! just heard there is going to be an expo this saturday and sunday in the rds, called working abroad expo. It says on the site that you should bring a c.v so maybe you can sort out a job before you leave.

i went to a working abroad in the rds while ago and it had nothing ... nothing on companies only company that was there was lidle all rest was colleges....

Damn! I was gettin excited at the idea of having a job sorted before i left. Ah well. I'm just terrified of going over there, spending all my money, not getting a job and having to come back absolutely broke.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Nice of you to set up a boards.ie account to come on and tell us about it!

• Advertisement

No problem. I was actually following this thread for a while and you guys have helped me through this stressful process with all the info.

dazzlerE... NOTHING!

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    dazzlerE... NOTHING!

Nothing :(

I'm thinking they might be working through them and will release another batch tomorrow maybe?

I'm becoming an expert at this process!

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Nothing :(

I'm thinking they might be working through them and will release another batch tomorrow maybe?

I'm becoming an expert at this process!

I NEED A HUG...!! dazzlerE... i think the others got them... like 3 weeks and bit, and 4 weeks and bit. 3 days maby. and one got 5 weeks, i am wondering dazzlerE do you rekon the more you wait is b/c or small tiny errors made possibly?? results in delay maby?

I NEED A HUG...!! dazzlerE... i think the others got them... like 3 weeks and bit, and 4 weeks and bit. 3 days maby. and one got 5 weeks, i am wondering dazzlerE do you rekon the more you wait is b/c or small tiny errors made possibly?? results in delay maby?

You're reading FAR too much into it :)

There's not been any news of anybody at all getting them since lunchtime on Tuesday. We're going to be fine!

We're only four weeks and one day, there are people on the bunac page whose file has been in London since Feb 3rd, so don't panic yet!

I reach the eight week processing mark on Monday. They got my file on Jan 24th, so according to their emails, I can get in touch with them if there's no news by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

You're reading FAR too much into it :)

There's not been any news of anybody at all getting them since lunchtime on Tuesday. We're going to be fine!

We're only four weeks and one day, there are people on the bunac page whose file has been in London since Feb 3rd, so don't panic yet!

I reach the eight week processing mark on Monday. They got my file on Jan 24th, so according to their emails, I can get in touch with them if there's no news by then

Dazzler, I am beginning to stalk your posts - muhahahaha

If you get yours, I will be expecting mine to follow, so I am not going to worry til then!

cybrandian wrote: »
    Dazzler, I am beginning to stalk your posts - muhahahaha

If you get yours, I will be expecting mine to follow, so I am not going to worry til then!

haha, I'm glad to hear somebody reads them :)

What date did you hit London on?

yeah i prob have to wait more time.. due to my medical ..

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Same as yourself, was sent on the 9th!
    Fingers crossed, am not in any rush to go yet, just want to have the visa sorted, so I can focus on the money side of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

OMG
    i wish my visa came through today, so sick to the bone of checkin the emails, mine is in london 4 weeks since tuesday and my application will be gone 7 weeks tmro!!! come on.........:eek::eek::eek:

cybrandian wrote: »
    Same as yourself, was sent on the 9th!
    Fingers crossed, am not in any rush to go yet, just want to have the visa sorted, so I can focus on the money side of things!

so three of us in the same boat!

Like I said before, really hope three of us get the mails at the same time, otherwise the ones left out will be doing some worrying :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Hi, we are located at Lawrence ave & McCowan road. We can be contacted at emeraldtile@gmail.com Thanks.
    Hi i have sent you an email . TY for any info you can give me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,640 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I just noticed a small spelling mistake (one letter left out) in my police certificate? Will this affect my application? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

I just noticed a small spelling mistake (one letter left out) in my police certificate? Will this affect my application? :eek:

no it shouldnt! i had two in mine:D

beano345 wrote: »
    no it shouldnt! i had two in mine:D

what do you mean spelling mistake on the police cert???.... you mean by the superintendant...??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

what do you mean spelling mistake on the police cert???.... you mean by the superintendant...??

my address was spelt wrong and some other thing think a letter missing in my name plus they put my previous address on it which i left out in the application form! nah the superintendant only signed it the rest was in print

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Snooz

Roonbox wrote: »
    Hi Snooz, already in Canada, applying for our second year and just doing the paperwork now. Did you have to get the bank to stamp that letter to prove you have $3000 in your acc even though we are already set up?!!Its proving to be a major inconvenience and unnecessary!!Thanks

Hi,

I just about had the required amount. I know it's difficult because most of your savings are spent in the first few months, setting up etc.

Can you go down the 3rd party route?

Or ask family or a friend to transfer money to your Canadian account and bring the balance up to $3k. And then transfer it back when you're done?

Hope this helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

You can, also I had an overdraft set up just to show I had funds even when I didn't at the time..;) worked like a charm.

I had nowhere near three grand when I applied, just got my mate who works in a bank to spoof the proof of funds letter for me

got my letter of introduction today ahhhhhhhhhhh :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

congrats aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how long were u waiting im 2 weeks in london this tuesday coming:eek::eek:

laura47 wrote: »
    congrats aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how long were u waiting im 2 weeks in london this tuesday coming:eek::eek:

thanks mine was 4.5 weeks in london.. its so stressfull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

mine is in london 3 weeks today....i still have to do the medical

im getting sooooooooooo impatient

has anyone done the medical? heard anything about it etc?

beano345 wrote: »
    my address was spelt wrong and some other thing think a letter missing in my name plus they put my previous address on it which i left out in the application form! nah the superintendant only signed it the rest was in print

oic... oh wrong letters oh that woundnt be good, but it didnt affect it. mines all right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Niamh_Cush

In the same boat 3 weeks in london today and need a medical..... haven't heard of anyone getting any info on a medical yet tho??

Advertisement