Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

no first time was in oz before fell in love with western oz.i think i might be in with a chance of it not to sure might have to see an immigration consultant for info i wont be making the mistake of coming home this time:Dcheers for the info by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Hi Shine7, Where abouts are you hoping to go? Im head to Vancouver? When are people going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mouse1

No probs! It's a definite visa if you qualify from a Canadian University and I think it's the least hassle-free way too. If it's something you're interested in you should think about it. It's the only option I've looked in to and probably the only one I would consider!

I have a firend who started Uni in Sydney a few weeks ago and this is how he's managed to stay. He doesn't want to come home and I think he'll be able to stay if he finishes and passes his exams!

Mouse1 wrote: »
    No probs! It's a definite visa if you qualify from a Canadian University and I think it's the least hassle-free way too. If it's something you're interested in you should think about it. It's the only option I've looked in to and probably the only one I would consider!

I have a firend who started Uni in Sydney a few weeks ago and this is how he's managed to stay. He doesn't want to come home and I think he'll be able to stay if he finishes and passes his exams!

might be an option if i could swing university and working,dont suppose night courses or anything like that count? just looking at pictures of halifax looks like a lovely place;)

beano345 wrote: »
    might be an option if i could swing university and working,dont suppose night courses or anything like that count? just looking at pictures of halifax looks like a lovely place;)

No, unfortunatley not. It has to be a full-time Degree course or an MA programme. But at least in Canada they do work placements so you'll get work experience with the Degree and a proper work visa when you're done. You can apply for a work visa if a study visa is granted and work as many hours as you like after class though.

This visa allows you to study for 6 months and I think the smaller colleges have night courses in Business but I have no idea if that would allow you to extend. Might be worth looking in to though!

• Advertisement

No, unfortunatley not. It has to be a full-time Degree course or an MA programme. But at least in Canada they do work placements so you'll get work experience with the Degree and a proper work visa when you're done. You can apply for a work visa if a study visa is granted and work as many hours as you like after class though.

This visa allows you to study for 6 months and I think the smaller colleges have night courses in Business but I have no idea if that would allow you to extend. Might be worth looking in to though!

will defo look down that road if i get the chance to stay im going to do it! just have to suss out my options did you get your visa yet? got mine monday

beano345 wrote: »
    will defo look down that road if i get the chance to stay im going to do it! just have to suss out my options did you get your visa yet? got mine monday

Ha ha!! No, not yet! I posted earlier to see if anyone knew what the medical involved. I'm waiting to hear about that first, hopefully in the next two weeks. I had really quick responses from the Embassy so far!

Good for you! Brilliant!! You should get on that flight as soon as you can and check out those options!

Ha ha!! No, not yet! I posted earlier to see if anyone knew what the medical involved. I'm waiting to hear about that first, hopefully in the next two weeks. I had really quick responses from the Embassy so far!

Good for you! Brilliant!! You should get on that flight as soon as you can and check out those options!

yeah its a long wait! havent heard anything bout the medical so cant help you out there.from what i see it looks like anyone getting it is being left till last.hope to be out of here end of may cannot wait:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

hi mouse.... i am in the health care sector , biotech myself and was wondering did you work in science b4 over there? .. i am tryna sort the visa out waiting... and i need a medical too. it says on the application form this will take approx 2 /3 more weeks added on in the information/guidlines part onthe application. no news yet from my side on the embassy / loi... AND YES about toronto city, you may as well be in dublin lol i agree. sure i have been looking at london and owtta, to see if there are jobs in that category for me. mouse people have gotten the visa while over in canada i think on here, you are alloud to do extend.

i am worried about the visa wait ... :/... just confsed if you have to wait more if you have ot get a medical and or iget a form filed out for them ... who knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

This is my second tme around and cannot wait to get back to Canada!! Spent a year in Toronto and I'm going to head for Nova Scotia this time!

My application was received in France on the 16th Feb and all has been smooth so far. It was sent to London on the 22nd and I'm just waiting to hear about the medical. I've seached the internet to see what's involved but can't find anything!

Does anyone know what the medical involves/done one before??

Thanks!!

I had a medical but it was for a permanent resident visa, I imagine it would be the same thing, if so then it involves chest x-rays, blood tests, weight(BMI), eyesight, urine analysis, questions about alcohol and drug intake, if you're a guy then drop your pants ball cupping and coughing, if you're a woman then it may include a pap smear, also you will have to provide medical history from your GP if you have had any medical problems in the past.
    Also keep in mind that the Canadian government only accepts medicals carried out by approved doctors in Ireland, I think there are two in Dublin and one in Cork.
    Again this is what I went through for my permanent resident visa, it may or may not be the same but it'll at least give you an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Me and my girlfriend are heading the end of September. We haven't decided where we're going to go yet. At the moment we're looking at places like Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax. The general consensus is that Vancouver is a really expensive city to live in so that turned us off it.

colin29 wrote: »
    I had a medical but it was for a permanent resident visa, I imagine it would be the same thing, if so then it involves chest x-rays, blood tests, weight(BMI), eyesight, urine analysis, questions about alcohol and drug intake, if you're a guy then drop your pants ball cupping and coughing, if you're a woman then it may include a pap smear, also you will have to provide medical history from your GP if you have had any medical problems in the past.
    Also keep in mind that the Canadian government only accepts medicals carried out by approved doctors in Ireland, I think there are two in Dublin and one in Cork.
    Again this is what I went through for my permanent resident visa, it may or may not be the same but it'll at least give you an idea.

colin... are these the two ?? ... http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1896&CountryName=Ireland,%20Republic%20of
    and did your visa when waiting take long to come througg for resendency?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bphilis

cybrandian wrote: »
    Hey All,

Got my letter of introduction today. It was sent to London on 9th February, so that should give ye all some indication of the timelines involved.

Relief isn't the word! Won't be going until August, but at least I can focus on the saving and the flights now ;-)

Best of luck everyone!

Oh cool, that only took over 4 weeks. If mine goes as well as yours it should be here in less than 2 weeks. Im ment to be going in May, went through USIT with it, they have flights reserved for the 18th May, they reckon 780 euros for flights and insurance, have to have them paid by mid April so that leaves me plenty of time. Happy days!
    What part are you headed for?

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    colin... are these the two ?? ... http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1896&CountryName=Ireland,%20Republic%20of
    and did your visa when waiting take long to come througg for resendency?

Those are the doctors.
    Regarding my visa, I was sponsored by my Canadian wife while we lived in Ireland and it took around three months altogether including getting my passport back with visa stamped inside.

Those are the doctors.
    Regarding my visa, I was sponsored by my Canadian wife while we lived in Ireland and it took around three months altogether including getting my passport back with visa stamped inside.

ok.. thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bphilis

Oh its medical insurance and not travel insurance you need? Why did I think it was travel insurance!?
    Yes I done the same as you at the start, went with the basic option but they talked me into going for the premium option, its a bit late going back now as im expecting my letter of introduction in the next couple of weeks. I paid the 299 plus 110 processing fee, and if their true to their word and the flights and medical insurance are 780 then its all costing me about 1200. I dont want to pay any more and hopefully I wont have to as I have a job and accomodation lined up for when I get out there.
    Its hard enough getting money together! I'll have nowhere near the money they want ya to have to sustain yourself for the first 3 months but do u actually have to physically prove you have them? I got my mum to fill out the third party proof of funds form but told her I wouldnt be needing it unless they came looking. Do you know anything about that?
    To b honest, I just want to get out there asap, and if I dont have to pay anymore I'll be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

so by the looks of things no-one who needs a medical for the IEC program has gotten one yet??

i really really really wanna book my flights for june! :(

bphilis wrote: »
    Oh its medical insurance and not travel insurance you need? Why did I think it was travel insurance!?
    Yes I done the same as you at the start, went with the basic option but they talked me into going for the premium option, its a bit late going back now as im expecting my letter of introduction in the next couple of weeks. I paid the 299 plus 110 processing fee, and if their true to their word and the flights and medical insurance are 780 then its all costing me about 1200. I dont want to pay any more and hopefully I wont have to as I have a job and accomodation lined up for when I get out there.
    Its hard enough getting money together! I'll have nowhere near the money they want ya to have to sustain yourself for the first 3 months but do u actually have to physically prove you have them? I got my mum to fill out the third party proof of funds form but told her I wouldnt be needing it unless they came looking. Do you know anything about that?
    To b honest, I just want to get out there asap, and if I dont have to pay anymore I'll be delighted.

ins .. includes medical n such.. em very good did u hav job sorted from here or contacts ? im applying from here but no luck :/

gdmaestro wrote: »
    so by the looks of things no-one who needs a medical for the IEC program has gotten one yet??

i really really really wanna book my flights for june! :(

u waiting.. 4+ weeks in uk .. if so never know we might hear something next week.. maby or week after..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

Was anyones application sent to UK around the 14th Feb?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    u waiting.. 4+ weeks in uk .. if so never know we might hear something next week.. maby or week after..

no:( only 3 wks since yesterday!!

im the most impatient person in the world!

let me know when you get yours!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

can2011 wrote: »
    Was anyones application sent to UK around the 14th Feb?

Mine was in London on the 14th of Feb. I have to do a medical too though!!!!:(

gdmaestro wrote: »
    no:( only 3 wks since yesterday!!

im the most impatient person in the world!

let me know when you get yours!!!

oic... yeah i prob wont hear doh for good while... they way there going. havnt a clue how the system is going, :/

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yipyip

Hiya, Did you apply for the Canadian Experience Visa? Just wondering did you have to sit the English Language test??

yipyip wrote: »
    Hiya, Did you apply for the Canadian Experience Visa? Just wondering did you have to sit the English Language test??

yes you do ... this takes 2 months ... waiting alone. and the visa processing after is 1 month.

You were waiting two months for language test///wow! Do you think that will be too late to apply for visa then for me?
    Oh and one more question, nearly having heart attack ere! Am I applying for right visa thorught the Canadian Experience Class. Just see on boards.ie that a lot are doing The International Experience Class-hope I am not filling out wrong forms!

yipyip wrote: »

You shouldn't have to sit an English language test, you come from an English speaking country, provide a letter detailing this.

You shouldn't have to sit an English language test, you come from an English speaking country, provide a letter detailing this.

lol... ruining the buzzz.. lol.

yipyip. i am only messing with you. you dont need to sit an english exam. LOL.

http://www.international.gc.ca/canada-europa/france/jeunesse-youth/validationmail-courrielvalidation-en.asp?tyuio=en&iknju=pvt&hjkfrt=11&tgvfred=ie

that is the link for the application form to sign up for.

• Advertisement

no hass, just realised been filling out wrong froms--grrr!And do you think im too late starting it now!

Advertisement