Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

Hmmm i just rang Usit amd they say that they are full already.

Any suggestions on what to do to get visa. Im in Toronto atm and have another 2weeks or so before i go home so maybe I could do something at this end to help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Lavattack wrote: »
    Hmmm i just rang Usit amd they say that they are full already.

Any suggestions on what to do to get visa. Im in Toronto atm and have another 2weeks or so before i go home so maybe I could do something at this end to help?

you need to include more information on your age, employment status, skills , etc before anyone can advise you.

You could also remain there on a tourist visa if you don't want to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

So they received my file in Paris eight weeks ago on Monday, and it'll have been in London five weeks on Wednesday

This whole process is getting a bit old at this stage

People who sent off two weeks after me have got their visas and all

IM 22. Male and have work almost confirmed-I will know on tuesday. So I could have a letter of intent by then I hope if things work out. Im not qualified as anything as I left school early for a high paying job in constuction(E1500 take home p/w)

I am looking at doing an apprenticeship in carpentry and am pretty sure it will be accomodated by my contact- its in the union if that makes a difference im not sure.

If there is something specific just ask and il say as im not sure what info you need exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    So they received my file in Paris eight weeks ago on Monday, and it'll have been in London five weeks on Wednesday

This whole process is getting a bit old at this stage

People who sent off two weeks after me have got their visas and all

dazzler are you waiting on a medical?? if not it says after 8 weeks you can get in touch with them.id prob give it another week and then get in touch according to usit the embassy is choc-a-bloc with applications

• Advertisement

Nope, no medical for me!

I'm not worried tbh, sure there's people who have been in London since Feb 3rd

It'd just be nice to be able to start making plans

and also start not giving a ****e in work, as I know I'll be leaving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

IM 22. Male and have work almost confirmed-I will know on tuesday. So I could have a letter of intent by then I hope if things work out. Im not qualified as anything as I left school early for a high paying job in constuction(E1500 take home p/w)

I am looking at doing an apprenticeship in carpentry and am pretty sure it will be accomodated by my contact- its in the union if that makes a difference im not sure.

If there is something specific just ask and il say as im not sure what info you need exactly

Here's some links to look at and give you something to think about.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Since you have a job, and may have one for longer, you may have the option for applying for visas on that account. You may be able to extend your stay at this short notice, or your employer can sponsor you HOWEVER its a while since I've looked at these visa options, so I need time to look over that information again to give you correct advice. But look at some of the links above and see if any of the visas are options for you. There may even be some study option visa you can do - which would be about your apprenticeship but again I've to look over this information again.

I do know that if you wanted to stay on as a visitor you would've had to change your status in canada from a worker to a visitor, one month before your original visa expiration date. That would've involved some simple paperwork, show you've cash to support yourself etc. Then you can stay on in Canada but you cannot work. Its ideal for people, who are waiting on other visas to come through such as permanent residency visas etc.

Next, you can apply for the IEC visa:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

it might be a bit late applying now, but you can try it out anyway. However you will have to leave Canada at the end of your current visa and wait in Ireland for this new visa to be approved, since you did not apply for a change of status (visitor) visa already. IEC Waiting time for it to be approved is anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks.

Finally, if you have to leave, Australia is a great option for people in construction. So keep that in mind. Also if you don't get the IEC visa now, you can apply for it next year and get it then as a final option.

Thanks Sarah. Those links look really helpful. I will ask the employer on tuesday would he consider sponsoring me straight away as I think that would speed things up somewhat.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

Thanks Sarah. Those links look really helpful. I will ask the employer on tuesday would he consider sponsoring me straight away as I think that would speed things up somewhat.

Thanks again

Hey no worries, in case you, or anybody else is looking for carpentry work in Canada, this link might be helpful:

http://irishalien.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91

Now, I don't know the building company, I don't know if they're even reliable, so use your own discretion with them. They could be good I don't know!

The website I found this link on, is irishalien.com website is where loads of newer Irish immigrants to Canada find out more information about things to do/life in Canada etc. I found it useful for the whole visa thing, but it has some helpful tips here and there too.

I think its been mentioned here on boards.ie before, but its useful to keep in mind before you even arrive over here, some useful info in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Has anyone got their visa yet who has to get medical. Does it take long?

• Advertisement

Just got my LoI!

Been in London since Feb 9th

8 Weeks total time today since they received my file in Paris :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cosmicsurfer

Hi guys,

I found a really useful facebook page called "Moving to Vancouver" that provides alot of the basic information I needed to help me plan my trip and get me started in Vancouver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

congrats to u dude u have been waiting 4 ages wahoooooo:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 smartietube

Just got my letter of introduction aswell.
    I was in london since 7th feb. Best of luck to you all.
    I'm outta here!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Congrats dazzler and smartie tube!

im so jealous!!!:D

Massive relief to know I'm safe to start making plans, and also that I can start dossing in work :)

To anyone who hasn't got it yet, not one person has been rejected at the London stage this late so far!

I tried not to worry about it but my jobs didn't really match my CV, and I can't believe I did this, but I couldn't get hold of my mam when I was filling in the forms, so I just estimated my parents DOB, so they don't check things too much. Especially considering this is my second year applying, and those dates don't match the ones I put last year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gra111

Hey, got my LOI at 11.36 today, it arrived in London9th of Feb . Woo! Thanks for al the info I got on boards!good luck to those waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

lillieme wrote: »
    Any1. lookn at wrkn n childcare r teachn?!

Hey guys, im in the same boat looking to work in childcare too!!!
    Im 4 weeks in London today! Hoping this week something will happen!!

Have to do a medical but haven't heard anything about it yet! I think you get the letter by e mail saying to go ahead n book it and then they give u a form you need the doctor to fill out. You book the medical yourself so which ever of the 3 doctors suit you best then you send back the form to london.
    This is what I heard from some friends.So not sure if its totally acurate.

They worked in chilscare over there and had to get their degrees transferred to a licence in Vancouver- not sure of the exact process! Hopefully will find that out soon from them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

gra111 wrote: »
    Hey, got my LOI at 11.36 today, it arrived in London9th of Feb . Woo! Thanks for al the info I got on boards!good luck to those waiting

Well done so jealous!!!! Hopefully ill be soon im the 14th of Feb!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

zzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

Well done so jealous!!!! Hopefully ill be soon im the 14th of Feb!!!!

I hope we get ours soon - 4 weeks in London is long enough!!

can2011 wrote: »
    I hope we get ours soon - 4 weeks in London is long enough!!

well i mean some girl on here was waiting 5 weeks in uk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    well i mean some girl on here was waiting 5 weeks in uk...
    it is clear that it varies. not fun!

can2011 wrote: »
    it is clear that it varies. not fun!

yup !!!

dazzlerie... wil you be drinking vodka this week??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

im only 2weeks today omg more waiyting for me :(

dazzlerie... wil you be drinking vodka this week??

I'll be having a few cans on Wednesday night anyway :D

Not much else, there's saving to be done!

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I'll be having a few cans on Wednesday night anyway :D

Not much else, there's saving to be done!

ahh ok.. followed by a shot on behalf of your visa!!!.. i havnt a clue what to do for paddys day on thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Just filling out my Visa Application and have a question. Under the Additional Information question it has a section for Affiliations?

Anyone know what this is about?

• Advertisement

ahh ok.. followed by a shot on behalf of your visa!!!.. i havnt a clue what to do for paddys day on thursday...

Just don't spend the day on here, whatever you do! ;)

Advertisement