Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Fromvert wrote: »
    Just filling out my Visa Application and have a question. Under the Additional Information question it has a section for Affiliations?

Anyone know what this is about?

I just wrote no affiliations in there

I guess it's a space for people who were in stuff like the Nazi Party, or Sinn Fein, to write it in there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I just wrote no affiliations in there

I guess it's a space for people who were in stuff like the Nazi Party, or Sinn Fein, to write it in there

Good stuff.

Just another one, under the section for partners, children. Did yous leave them blank or write N/A in them.

Just want to make sure I don't mess up.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Good stuff.

Just another one, under the section for partners, children. Did yous leave them blank or write N/A in them.

Just want to make sure I don't mess up.

Think I just wrote N/A

If you're filling in the forms now, just make sure you sign everywhere you're supposed to! And include the Checklist, with all the boxes ticked. Think a few people were caught out by this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Thanks again was looking at the checklist and wondering if I had to check the boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

Hey,just wondering has any1 found cheap flights yet been looking around and there not the best:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

e-travel.ie

and

skyscanner

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wanderer81

Hi eire86,these guys seem cheap enough if its any help.
    http://www.airtransat.ie/en/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Lavattack

eire86 wrote: »
    Hey,just wondering has any1 found cheap flights yet been looking around and there not the best:(

I flew to Toronto 2 weeks ago. Went with Air France via Paris. Cost 450 all in. maybe check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

:/ ... should i be worried :/:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

Cheers every1 ill have a look at them and let ye,s no wat i find:D

• Advertisement

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    :/ ... should i be worried :/:/

not at all dude!

The delay is relating to your potential medical, nothing else! :)

not at all dude!

The delay is relating to your potential medical, nothing else! :)

is it doh... im not quite sure ....

is it doh... im not quite sure ....

take a look at the bunac FB page. Lots of people in the same boat as you, waiting for the medical

Still people on there waiting since Feb 3rd too

So don't worry, nobody has been refused by London at this late stage of their application

take a look at the bunac FB page. Lots of people in the same boat as you, waiting for the medical

Still people on there waiting since Feb 3rd too

So don't worry, nobody has been refused by London at this late stage of their application

yeah i noticed that.. even people had tiny errors , on their applications form lolz... i had one but i think wasnt an errior i just shoudl have filed small space and not copied. em i understand we have to wait more for the medical but if we have to get a form filled out for them i think we should be notified at normal waiting times.. hmm.. or possibly they just process our medical docs and criminal doc on the application form more.

might email their direct email link on the website.. lol. they wont reply lolz... might do anyway.. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 phelant4

Just got my letter of acceptance there at 12:00. Application sent to London on 11th Feb. From other posts seems to be about 4.5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DanCorb

Jut got my email of acceptance!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

I got mine too as 14:16 ... please post it in here as well guys! so others know too..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056197254&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

DanCorb wrote: »
    Jut got my email of acceptance!
    When was it sent to UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

Scallywags is the best spot from what ive been told. theres a 20 dollar cover charge though. ill be there this weekend anyway. lets hope we spoil it for the english

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Oh my God London PLEEEEASE give me my medical so i can get my letter of introduction:mad:
    im gettin cranky now!

:D rant over...........................for tonight anyway

another day ... another .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi all,

Did anyone attend the Working Abroad Expo in Dublin or Cork?:confused: I attended the Expo in Cork & it was crap. They said they were going to be companies from Canada & Australia looking for workers. From what I could see there were a few employment agencies from Australia but nothing for Canada. The Under 35 Experience were there & one or 2 Canadian Migration Companies there. Very disappointing. Anyone else have similar experience.:mad:

Jeff.

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Did anyone attend the Working Abroad Expo in Dublin or Cork?:confused: I attended the Expo in Cork & it was crap. They said they were going to be companies from Canada & Australia looking for workers. From what I could see there were a few employment agencies from Australia but nothing for Canada. The Under 35 Experience were there & one or 2 Canadian Migration Companies there. Very disappointing. Anyone else have similar experience.:mad:

Jeff.

there alwayys like that, one few months ago in rds, had one company , lidle. rest was all colleges and the agengies, go4less, usit, and australia stand just on info idk. but one company was there lidle. There always like that, so i dont dother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

This Friday will be 6 weeks waiting since my application hit London.

They are really leaving the folks needing medicals until the twelfth hour.

Shine7 wrote: »
    This Friday will be 6 weeks waiting since my application hit London.

They are really leaving the folks needing medicals until the twelfth hour.

yeah... looks like there keeping us wait .. up to week 8 , by looks of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

been here a week now, and from what i can see theres loads of jobs (Not just in my field, I.T.). Ive two interviews lined up tomorrow (on Paddys day??!!!!!) and have applications in for a lot more.

Grass does appear to be greener over here :)

retalivity wrote: »
    been here a week now, and from what i can see theres loads of jobs (Not just in my field, I.T.). Ive two interviews lined up tomorrow (on Paddys day??!!!!!) and have applications in for a lot more.

Grass does appear to be greener over here :)

very good... good luck. jw as regards seeking accomadation, would you reccomend going to a hostel first or straigt away book for apartment shared/single

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

very good... good luck. jw as regards seeking accomadation, would you reccomend going to a hostel first or straight away book for apartment shared/single

I'm not in Canada yet, but I plan to spend my first few days in a hostel. The names of some popular ones are mentioned in this thread. Like a lot of you, I'll be going over on my own so I'll be desperate to meet other travellers and hopefully find some future housemates to share a flat with. This is why the first few days in the hostel are crucial.

• Advertisement

cookies221 wrote: »
    I'm not in Canada yet, but I plan to spend my first few days in a hostel. The names of some popular ones are mentioned in this thread. Like a lot of you, I'll be going over on my own so I'll be desperate to meet other travellers and hopefully find some future housemates to share a flat with. This is why the first few days in the hostel are crucial.

em yeah... i know... im deciding weater to go to hostel first or just go to apartment first .... not sure wahts the smart way about it

Advertisement