Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 conker

Received my LOI on friday, it arrived in london 14th of february....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DanCorb

can2011 wrote: »
    When was it sent to UK?

February 11th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Hey for anyone looking into childcare or teaching. Iv looked into both. Have to have credential check. Medical cant be done until we recieve form visa section. Then ring the named doctors to make appointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

lillieme wrote: »
    Hey for anyone looking into childcare or teaching. Iv looked into both. Have to have credential check. Medical cant be done until we recieve form visa section. Then ring the named doctors to make appointment

Hey, what do you mean by credential check and what's involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

its your qualifications you have to apply to get them checked, they require original transcripts from college you attended and must be posted by the registrar of the college. Are you looking into early childhood education, primary teaching or what?

• Advertisement

its your qualifications you have to apply to get them checked, they require original transcripts from college you attended and must be posted by the registrar of the college. Are you looking into early childhood education, primary teaching or what?

ECE. Do you have to get that done before getting Visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Im interested in ECE too......

Is this the website you looked at??? It's quite confussing!!!!!

http://www.mcf.gov.bc.ca/childcare/ece/index.htm

conker wrote: »
    Received my LOI on friday, it arrived in london 14th of february....:D

Ahhhhhhh mine arrive Feb 14th too and just because i have to do a medical i get left out!!!!!!! Lucky you well done!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Just got my LOI a little earlier. In London since 15 Feb. Such a relief!

AHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

I applied for my visa with 2 lads everything was the same day and all our e mails were the smae up until yesterday when they both got their LOI and I didn't just because i need a medical!!!! it takes an extra 3 weeks for medical etc they should give the people with the medicals theirs first, ahh so unfair!!!

anyone with me?????

• Advertisement

I applied for my visa with 2 lads everything was the same day and all our e mails were the smae up until yesterday when they both got their LOI and I didn't just because i need a medical!!!! it takes an extra 3 weeks for medical etc they should give the people with the medicals theirs first, ahh so unfair!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 3rdman

Folks,

To anyone who's in Canada already, did you enter Canada without having a return flight booked? Any issues with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

Hi 3rdman,

I attended the Working Expo in Cork on Monday & the Under 35 Canadian Experience were there. I spoke to them about flights & you can go out on a 1 way flight as some of the Airline websites don't offer you the option to book 12 months in advance. So you are allowed to travel out on a 1 way ticket as they are aware that you will be in Canada for a minimum of 12 months maybe even 24 If you apply for the 2nd year. I hope this helps you.

Best of luck Jeff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

3rdman wrote: »
    Folks,

To anyone who's in Canada already, did you enter Canada without having a return flight booked? Any issues with this?

We entered on a 1 way ticket last September - nothing was said to us,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Has anyone been refused after submitting the payment too the embassy?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 3rdman

Jeff33 wrote: »
    Hi 3rdman,

I attended the Working Expo in Cork on Monday & the Under 35 Canadian Experience were there. I spoke to them about flights & you can go out on a 1 way flight as some of the Airline websites don't offer you the option to book 12 months in advance. So you are allowed to travel out on a 1 way ticket as they are aware that you will be in Canada for a minimum of 12 months maybe even 24 If you apply for the 2nd year. I hope this helps you.

Best of luck Jeff.
    red menace wrote: »
    We entered on a 1 way ticket last September - nothing was said to us,

Yes, this does help. Thanks to both of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

woodyg wrote: »

Do you mean straight away?.

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    Do you mean straight away?.

well it seems that if you get the money in it's just a case of waiting.
    the refusals seem to be all from the part before they ask for the fee

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I've only heard of one person, and they were refused almost straight away, and it was for a mistake with their application that wasn't spotted in Paris

It appears as though just about everyone is being accepted :)

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I've only heard of one person, and they were refused almost straight away, and it was for a mistake with their application that wasn't spotted in Paris

It appears as though just about everyone is being accepted :)

Yes one person..

• Advertisement

:/ ... maby next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Flights booked!

Heading out to Van on June 16th :)

1074 for changeable flights and insurance with USIT

People might knock them for being a bit rip-offish for their visa service, but that deal is an absolute BARG imo

for people who did the transfer in a bank, did you wait till the status went from pending to delivered before sending off the confirmation pdf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

for people who did the transfer in a bank, did you wait till the status went from pending to delivered before sending off the confirmation pdf?

no - most definitely not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

Congrats to everyone who has got there Visa's so far! :D It's been three weeks today since my application has been sent to London. I know the turnaround for Visa's seems to be 4.5 weeks however that doesn't seem to stop me from stalking my emails on a daily basis!! I just HATE this waiting :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

jessible wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who has got there Visa's so far! :D It's been three weeks today since my application has been sent to London. I know the turnaround for Visa's seems to be 4.5 weeks however that doesn't seem to stop me from stalking my emails on a daily basis!! I just HATE this waiting :mad:

I hear ya! mine has been there 4 wks today and im still waiting to hear about my medical! argh!:(

AHHHHHHHHHHH:mad:

I applied for my visa with 2 lads everything was the same day and all our e mails were the smae up until yesterday when they both got their LOI and I didn't just because i need a medical!!!! it takes an extra 3 weeks for medical etc they should give the people with the medicals theirs first, ahh so unfair!!!

anyone with me?????

I'm with ya 100% :D

gdmaestro wrote: »
    I hear ya! mine has been there 4 wks today and im still waiting to hear about my medical! argh!:(

6 weeks today :mad:

Oh my god really??? Surely ull hear something this wk comin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Hi guys.

My girlfriend and myself are in the process of applying for the visa through the Canadian embassy. We really are just going for the Summer, but we want to work at the same time. What would be the best way to do this does anybody know? Or are we too late in trying to sort anything out for this Summer? We really can't get info from ANYBODY and it is starting to get quite frustrating..

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement