Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Shine7 wrote: »
    6 weeks today :mad:

yup im same, be 7 weeks next wednsday!!!! i hope that we dont have do undertake a medical test doh, that they just go by out application form and test that out really!! saves us time and money !...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Got mine last Thursday. Went to London on Feb 14th.

Booked a flight last night. Now all I'm wondering about is travel insurance. Any ideas? I checked with USIT and they want 400 euro. Seems a bit steep. Is there anything in particular that the travel insurance must cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Hi,
    Has anyone who has to get Medical go their Visa Yet. Do they send us out form to be filled out by the Doctor or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

I was on the Canadian Embassy website and they say information for the 2012 Working Holiday Programme will be released on the website in Autumn 2011. Does this mean that i cannot apply for this programme until Autumn this year? Im looking to travel in Jan 2012..

Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

doneill85 wrote: »
    I was on the Canadian Embassy website and they say information for the 2012 Working Holiday Programme will be released on the website in Autumn 2011. Does this mean that i cannot apply for this programme until Autumn this year? Im looking to travel in Jan 2012..

That probably relates to the French programme rather than the Irish programme.

Go to this website and register for the 2011 programme
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Once your letter of introduction is issued it is valid for 12 months, which would allow you to travel in Jan 2012.

If you wait until the 2012 programme you won't be able to travel until mid-March 2012 at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Any help anyone could give would be much appreciated!

Thanks! :D

If you want to travel next Jan apply now, you have 12 months from receiving your letter of introduction from the embassy.
    If you apply in Jan it will be at least march before you get going

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

So I'm guessing I'm too late then..

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    That probably relates to the French programme rather than the Irish programme.

Go to this website and register for the 2011 programme
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Once your letter of introduction is issued it is valid for 12 months, which would allow you to travel in Jan 2012.

If you wait until the 2012 programme you won't be able to travel until mid-March 2012 at the earliest.

Yeah your dead right bout the French thing thanks very much, is it just me or most american and canadian government websites as clear as mud?? I dunno maybe i just need to read them more carefully! :D

Heres another question which is probably answered on the website too somewhere but anyway.. Is the letter of introduction just something which gives you the go ahead to go to Canada?

And then your year visa is only activated from the day you leave Ireland to head for Canada?

Thanks again!! :D

red menace wrote: »
    If you want to travel next Jan apply now, you have 12 months from receiving your letter of introduction from the embassy.
    If you apply in Jan it will be at least march before you get going

So the letter of introduction allows me 12 months to travel? So am i right in saying that if i got my letter of introduction in, lets say, August 2011 and i leave Ireland for Canada in Jan 2012 then my year visa starts from the date i travel rather than the date i recieved my letter of introduction? :confused:

Thanks very much for your help!! :)

Yeah your dead right bout the French thing thanks very much, is it just me or most american and canadian government websites as clear as mud?? I dunno maybe i just need to read them more carefully! :D

Heres another question which is probably answered on the website too somewhere but anyway.. Is the letter of introduction just something which gives you the go ahead to go to Canada?

And then your year visa is only activated from the day you leave Ireland to head for Canada?

Thanks again!! :D
    Yep thats all the letter is, you present it to immigration, they then issue the visa and stick it into your passport

Nope the visa is activated from the day you enter Canada

• Advertisement

So the letter of introduction allows me 12 months to travel? So am i right in saying that if i got my letter of introduction in, lets say, August 2011 and i leave Ireland for Canada in Jan 2012 then my year visa starts from the date i travel rather than the date i recieved my letter of introduction? :confused:

Thanks very much for your help!! :)

yes your year starts from the day you pass through canadian immigration

Yep thats all the letter is, you present it to immigration, they then issue the visa and stick it into your passport

Nope the visa is activated from the day you enter Canada

Cheers thanks alot for that!

useded wrote: »
    So I'm guessing I'm too late then..

too late for what?

too late for what?

I had asked earlier in the thread if there was any way of applying for a work visa for Canada and be ready to enter for the Summer coming. I only want to go for the Summer so it seems unlikely at this stage.

They quote 8 weeks to get the visa sorted
    that would bring you up to almost may be cutting it tight alright

Well, I would be hoping to go from June to end of August/beginning of September. So if May was possible, I'd go for it. It just seems that there is no info around the net anywhere. The Embassy website is torturous.

well for June you should be OK
    Theres lots of threads and advice on here about filling the form
    Especially pay heed to the IEC refusal thread for the common mistakes and read the faq on the IEC site

Just wondering is the credit union ok as your proof of funds institution or does the money need to be in a bank? I have money in the credit union and plan on transfering it to the bank when im going away but for now will they accept a credit union stamped form??

Thanks! biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Just wondering is the credit union ok as your proof of funds institution or does the money need to be in a bank? I have money in the credit union and plan on transfering it to the bank when im going away but for now will they accept a credit union stamped form??

Thanks! biggrin.gif

yes it should be fine.i know a few people who have done it and were accepted.

Cheers thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

Hey just wondering has any1 booked 1way flights instead of return coz i no it says u shud hav a return but tink we mite be reapplying nxt year and staying for 2yrs so wud just be a waste of money??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Can you still apply for visas? Heard they give out a smaller number later..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Montroseee wrote: »
    Can you still apply for visas? Heard they give out a smaller number later..

Wondering the same,thinking of applying but may hold out til next january when/if they are released again, i think they are re-issued during the summer if there are some left over but i cant see that happening with the amount of people applying...pity theres no way of knowing how many are left...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

went there by crossing the border by car, they didn't ask anything bout leaving the country i.e. when we panned to or if we had flights booked so no you are set with a one way ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 timmyboy83

Hi, this is my first time posting, but I’ve being following the Canadian forums for a while. This post is mainly for any people waiting on medicals for their visa.
    I am not planning on teaching, working in labs etc. but there was an illness in my family which I put down in my visa application. I was hoping that I would get the visa regardless of this but unfortunately I now have to do a medical. I received a letter from the Canadian Embassy in the UK on Friday, with directions for me to do a medical. I rang up the place in Cork to book an appointment and also to have my body x-ray done. I was a bit worried that I would be waiting a few weeks for an appointment as it says on the visa application that anyone needing a medical should add another month to their application processing times but luckily I seem to be one of the first people to have received this letter as I was able to book both my medical and exam for tomorrow.
    I’ll report back here tomorrow after the medical to tell how and what was done, and try to answer any questions ye have.

timmyboy83 wrote: »
    Hi, this is my first time posting, but I’ve being following the Canadian forums for a while. This post is mainly for any people waiting on medicals for their visa.
    I am not planning on teaching, working in labs etc. but there was an illness in my family which I put down in my visa application. I was hoping that I would get the visa regardless of this but unfortunately I now have to do a medical. I received a letter from the Canadian Embassy in the UK on Friday, with directions for me to do a medical. I rang up the place in Cork to book an appointment and also to have my body x-ray done. I was a bit worried that I would be waiting a few weeks for an appointment as it says on the visa application that anyone needing a medical should add another month to their application processing times but luckily I seem to be one of the first people to have received this letter as I was able to book both my medical and exam for tomorrow.
    I’ll report back here tomorrow after the medical to tell how and what was done, and try to answer any questions ye have.

O....o .. Oic oh congrats timmyboy were you waiting the full 7-to 8 weeks yeah. I hope to get this form in the post also . Oh ive never gotten an x-ray done before ... excitment....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

How long was ur application in london before u got form for medical?

Waits on todays post ......

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

You can travel out on a 1 way ticket. It states on the Canadian Site that you can go out on a 1 way ticket as long as you can prove that you have sufficient funds to book a return flight If you need to. I attended the Working Expo in Cork last week & the Under 35 Canadian Experience were there. I asked them about travelling out on a 1 way ticket & they said that was totally fine as its hard to book a 12 month return flight online. Plus they understand that you will be staying in Canada for 12 months working so the return ticket is not relevant & you might apply to stay on a further 12 months after the first year so you can see why they are not interested in your return date. I got my Visa last week & I booked a 1 way flight to Toronto for Mid July. So there's no problem. Bite the bullet & book!

Best of luck,

Jeff.

• Advertisement

Jeff33 wrote: »
    You can travel out on a 1 way ticket. It states on the Canadian Site that you can go out on a 1 way ticket as long as you can prove that you have sufficient funds to book a return flight If you need to. I attended the Working Expo in Cork last week & the Under 35 Canadian Experience were there. I asked them about travelling out on a 1 way ticket & they said that was totally fine as its hard to book a 12 month return flight online. Plus they understand that you will be staying in Canada for 12 months working so the return ticket is not relevant & you might apply to stay on a further 12 months after the first year so you can see why they are not interested in your return date. I got my Visa last week & I booked a 1 way flight to Toronto for Mid July. So there's no problem. Bite the bullet & book!

Best of luck,

Jeff.

lol.. bite the bullet!!!.. yeah was thinking ill book this week , but i want to make sure i get my medical form in the post first , i stil have been waiting good while , thinking thisge are ok doh stil not sure haha , so ill wait ugh really want to book doh.. geuss il wait bit more.

Advertisement