Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Hi timmy just wondering does this post arrive in the post at the normal post time of hour, 9/10am or does it arrive on swift/royal mail at a different hour to that of the normal post times.

Thank you ggirl2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Oh GGirl UR waitin ages before me and ur still waitin on ur medical. I could cry :-(

gdmaestro wrote: »
    Oh GGirl UR waitin ages before me and ur still waitin on ur medical. I could cry :-(

yup application went to uk on 9th feb. I think there was another person on here seen it somewhere been waiting since 2nd for uk and dont think they heard word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 timmyboy83

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    Hi timmy just wondering does this post arrive in the post at the normal post time of hour, 9/10am or does it arrive on swift/royal mail at a different hour to that of the normal post times.

Thank you ggirl2010

ggirl2010 the letter came in the normal post time

timmyboy83 wrote: »
    ggirl2010 the letter came in the normal post time

Oh ok thank you ...lets know how long you waited when you hear word about your LOI... thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 RyanNolan

I only just submitted my police cert application today and my flights are booked for the 27th of May. Does anyone know if that's too late? Between the time taken to get garda clearance and the time taken to get visa approval?

Can someone please help me here, im panicking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

RyanNolan wrote: »
    I only just submitted my police cert application today and my flights are booked for the 27th of May. Does anyone know if that's too late? Between the time taken to get garda clearance and the time taken to get visa approval?

Can someone please help me here, im panicking!

i reckon your cutting it tight! the garda cert can take from 1 week up to 6 weeks and then 6-8 week for visa approval have you got funds to support yourself for a few weeks while over there??

sorry mis-read your first message! to be honest i dont know they say theirs 5000 visas allocated this year could be more! my advise would be to chase the guards up on the cert and send it all away as soon as you get it! best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnyowen

i'll be waitin nine weeks waitin to hear about the medical on monday. this is fair bloody frustrastin considerin it'll be another 3-4 weeks at least to process the medical. if i was back again i wouldnt have bothered my arse opting to do it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 RyanNolan

beano345 wrote: »
    i reckon your cutting it tight! the garda cert can take from 1 week up to 6 weeks and then 6-8 week for visa approval have you got funds to support yourself for a few weeks while over there??

Yes i will definitely have enough funds to support myself for the first month or so?

• Advertisement

johnyowen. WHAT!!! 9 weeks !!!! are you serious ?/?? .... 9 weeks in uk or 9 weeks in total.. yeah il be 8 weeks in total next wed uk and paris.. johnyown... can you ring them up i mean your 9 weeks if your sure , yeah one guy got his form on here all the rest are waiting. RING them up !!!! .. let us know what happens ok .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BethQ

Got our LOI's yesterday! Just seen the email this morning! Sent to London 28th Feb! They seem to be getting quicker! Good luck everyone! hope you all have an amazing trip! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

GGirl2010, I can't believe your 8 weeks next week yours has to come next week! Im 6 weeks on Monday so seriously getting itchy feet. Report back asap once you get your package, cant wait to hear!!

What doctor are you going to see i'll be heading to the Cork one! I'd love to know exactly what the medical consists of too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Got my LOI yesterday! Was sent to London on the 28th of February also.

Think I'll be heading down to South America for a few months before I head to Canada!

GGirl2010, I can't believe your 8 weeks next week yours has to come next week! Im 6 weeks on Monday so seriously getting itchy feet. Report back asap once you get your package, cant wait to hear!!

What doctor are you going to see i'll be heading to the Cork one! I'd love to know exactly what the medical consists of too!!!

yup... im not so sure if i will hear ...LOLZ... we`ll see next week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

BethQ wrote: »
    Got our LOI's yesterday! Just seen the email this morning! Sent to London 28th Feb! They seem to be getting quicker! Good luck everyone! hope you all have an amazing trip! :)

Mine was sent to London on the 25th of Feb :eek: Still no email :mad: I hope it comes on monday what time did you get your email?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

jessible wrote: »
    what time did you get your email?

They should do overtime with the medical application bundles !!! hehe..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BethQ

mine was received at 15.34. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

BethQ wrote: »
    mine was received at 15.34. x

ok thanks!! I'll be stalking my emails so on Monday!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 saffron83

Hey just have a few wee questions about Canada,

Im hoping to fly to Toronto in Oct, and on to Burlington. Has anyone been to Burlington and know whats the best way to get there?? Rent a car or public transport?? Is there much to see or do in Burlington?? and whats the weather like for Oct? Final qs!! Lol do i need an esta visa or any visa for flying from Dublin to Toronto???

Thanks guys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LS92109

Sheebs wrote: »
    Around 9 something in a pub (paid this in Lennox's on Robson and Granville), 10.25 in a nightclub on a Saturday night (The Venue, Granville St.) Then I'd usually tip $1 per drink on top of that.

Thats very cheap. What's the Lennox like?? I'm sick of going to the same places!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aidanl

hi,
    do ye know if you have to book return flights if you are accepted? anyone know a cheap site for flights? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mynamesjay

Is it way too late to begin the whole process now? i.e. starting with the garda cert? I can apply for this tommorrow

mynamesjay wrote: »
    Is it way too late to begin the whole process now? i.e. starting with the garda cert? I can apply for this tommorrow

sure why not give it a go what have you got to lose:D i reckon theirs still places best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jeman

Hi Guys,

I'm booking flights and insurance for next month (April) i'm considering booking both with USIT with a range of 650e - 750e for return flights and 399e for insurance..

anybody got tips for cheaper prices on flights and the required insurance... cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

johnyowen wrote: »
    i'll be waitin nine weeks waitin to hear about the medical on monday. this is fair bloody frustrastin considerin it'll be another 3-4 weeks at least to process the medical. if i was back again i wouldnt have bothered my arse opting to do it at all.

This has to be your waiting time altogether because it's not possible for your application to be in London for 9 weeks.

Last Friday was 7 weeks since my application arrived in London. Every day I come in from work I check the post and then rush on here to see if anyone has received their medical letter yet. Me and my girlfriend applied together but she didn't need a medical and got her LOI nearly 3 weeks ago.

I really hope something comes this week. My nerves are shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnyowen

yeah its nine weeks since i got my "acknowledgment of reciept". at this rate though i cant see them processing the whole medical and issuing the LoI in the next three weeks . I took the chance of booking flights yesterday so i hope it works out. I saw flights on ebookers yesterday for 290e inc taxes and charges (montreal, one way), flying out the end of may so i booked em. it might'nt work out but at that price the risk isnt too high. i reckon if ive to wait till the end of april the same flights will cost me 5-600 euros.

johnyowen wrote: »
    yeah its nine weeks since i got my "acknowledgment of reciept". at this rate though i cant see them processing the whole medical and issuing the LoI in the next three weeks . I took the chance of booking flights yesterday so i hope it works out. I saw flights on ebookers yesterday for 290e inc taxes and charges (montreal, one way), flying out the end of may so i booked em. it might'nt work out but at that price the risk isnt too high. i reckon if ive to wait till the end of april the same flights will cost me 5-600 euros.

Hi johnyowen, hmm yeah i know its long wait alright and yeah i was planning on booking anyway, next week sometime or i might ring up on my status. Flights are good price at this time , its not worth waiting more and paying so much more your right, and yeah its only week or 2 weeks wages sure, nothing to loose .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Redtag.ca and airtransat are good for flights- air transat fly direct from May- sept which makes is alot easier. Not sure if you have to book return- but let me know cause I'm hoping to book mine this week

Advertisement