Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

cookies221 wrote: »
    As I said in another thread, the fact that they released an updated application form is a good sign. It means they are expecting more people to apply so there must be plenty of visas still left.

I'd agree. I'd say there's loads of people still applying and plenty of visas going round for the next month or two at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

beggarman wrote: »
    when you planing on heading to canada id say theres lots of time for it yet

Im not planning on goin until around aug/sept. I dont have any flights or anything like that booked yet. Whe my application was sent to London they said the application process takes 6weeks. It'll be 6weeks since I received the confirmation of receipt email on Tuesday. Im just worried as people whos application was sent after mine have gotten their visa. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mazzersmhanno

Niamh_Cush wrote: »
    I'm planning to do physio will be months before I'll be able to work at it when I get over there coz we have loads of registration work to do etc but hoping to get physio assistant work ideally will do anything in the meantime tho. I haven't heard of how anyone goes about getting into childcare or teaching tbh so haven't a notion how you'd go about it :confused:
    i dont know if you have been looking on kijiji or craigslist but there seems to be tonnes of jobs for physios over here . i have heard it takes a while to qualify here tho. good luck with everything..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Okay, so i'm only after sending off my application today and i'm hoping to get to Vancouver for May 24th. Apparently ive left it very late to get my visa for that date. It could arrive by then but it might be a week or two after.

So if I dont have my visa on time can I still arrive in Canada without a Visa and then have my family send over the visa when it arrives? Then i would just go over the border into the states and come back in with the Visa? Would that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Still waitin to hear about my medical....what a dose

im goin to south america for a month in may, would love to give work plenty notice if im not coming back!

• Advertisement

samsemtex wrote: »
    Okay, so i'm only after sending off my application today and i'm hoping to get to Vancouver for May 24th. Apparently ive left it very late to get my visa for that date. It could arrive by then but it might be a week or two after.

So if I dont have my visa on time can I still arrive in Canada without a Visa and then have my family send over the visa when it arrives? Then i would just go over the border into the states and come back in with the Visa? Would that work?

I have been following the threads and a few people have gone over on a holiday visa until their work permit comes through, they just cross a U.S border with their letter of acceptance (which would be in your email account, no need for family to send over in post)

people have done it anyway...i would too if i wasnt waiting for this stupid medical:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Starville

Hi red menance!

New to this, if you wouldn't mind forwarding your CV please...would like to see Canadian layout. Im a social worker but hopefully be of some help!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydiac

god almighty this is starting to drive me mad :( samsemtex i sent mine off over 3 weeks ago and i was planning on going around that time aswel, but im really really worried it won't have arrived by then....

going over and across to U.S from canada would you not need two holiday visas... aka one to each country? and return flights booked .... god sorry im probs confusing everyone but im just so lost :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

lydiac wrote: »
    god almighty this is starting to drive me mad :( samsemtex i sent mine off over 3 weeks ago and i was planning on going around that time aswel, but im really really worried it won't have arrived by then....

going over and across to U.S from canada would you not need two holiday visas... aka one to each country? and return flights booked .... god sorry im probs confusing everyone but im just so lost :(

Hi Lydiac, I know it is damn stressful stuff! I sent mine off today only and I think i have everything filled out correctly but ya know there are no guarantees. Bureaucrats take pleasure in rejecting things on minute technicalities.

You dont need a visa to enter Canada for a period of less than 6 months and you dont need one for the USA if you are there for less than 3 months. So once you have your Visa sorted and on the way to you surely you can just print the letter of acceptance and cross the border?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Dö we get a letter or an email about medical? I was told processing time 6 weeks mine is n london over a month.

• Advertisement

A dude on boards said he got medical forms in the post...i feel like a rottweiler preying on the post man every morning!!!! If im working im pestering d lads at home :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Starville wrote: »
    Hi red menance!

New to this, if you wouldn't mind forwarding your CV please...would like to see Canadian layout. Im a social worker but hopefully be of some help!

Thanks!

Click on my name on the left and choose send a private message to red menace and send me your email address and I'll send it on
    Same if anyone else is looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

hi,

Would anyone have an e-mail address for the Paris embassy in relation to the IEC visa programme.

thanks
    Seany

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

seanynova wrote: »
    hi,

Would anyone have an e-mail address for the Paris embassy in relation to the IEC visa programme.

thanks
    Seany

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca , that is the direct email address i think anyway. There are more email addresses on the website if you want to double chek it. It is very hard to get a reply from them but givei it a go anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    ldn.iec@international.gc.ca , that is the direct email address i think anyway. There are more email addresses on the website if you want to double chek it. It is very hard to get a reply from them but givei it a go anyways.

hey, thanks.
    i was trying online but as im not signed up to for the programme i cant seam to find the correct contact details, just general paris phone numbers/address etc.

but maybe it better to phone them,

Edit: got the answer from hte website, thanks anyway.
    thanks again
    sean

seanynova wrote: »
    hey, thanks.
    i was trying online but as im not signed up to for the programme i cant seam to find the correct contact details, just general paris phone numbers/address etc.

but maybe it better to phone them,

Edit: got the answer from hte website, thanks anyway.
    thanks again
    sean

Ggirl whats the update on ur application???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭cookies221

What's the story with getting our Social Insurance Number (SIN)? Are we given one with our visa when we pass immigration at the airport? Or do we have to apply to somewhere from within Canada?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SarahB3

received my letter of introduction on Monday, it took five weeks, sent to france on the 21st of Feb,
    I sent mine in before the three friends im going over with and they received theirs before I did, doesn't seem to be any order to how they're processed, good luck everyone!!

Also, anyone that hasn't sent their applications yet, as of last wkend there is a new application form, there are a few changes to the one before so make sure you have the new one before sending it off as it will be rejected otherwise, hope tht helps someone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

gdmaestro wrote: »
    A dude on boards said he got medical forms in the post...i feel like a rottweiler preying on the post man every morning!!!! If im working im pestering d lads at home :-(

Still waiting on my medical too. Been in London since 14th Feb!!!! Im hoping it'll come next week coz im flying to Vancouver on 5th of May!!! AHHHHHHH.

How long have you been waiting????

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    12 weeks, hmm yeah possibly,but i thought that medical forms should be issued within the 8th week. :/:/ ....

wonders should i go ahead and book single /return flight

Just do it if it says 8 weeks im sure they will stick to it or else they will get some very angry young ppl e mailing and calling them!!! My flights are booked for May 5th so im seriously banking on the package coming this week!!!! ahhhhh.

• Advertisement

Just do it if it says 8 weeks im sure they will stick to it or else they will get some very angry young ppl e mailing and calling them!!! My flights are booked for May 5th so im seriously banking on the package coming this week!!!! ahhhhh.

I like ur attitude! Im dyin to get d medical forms too cause iv flights booked for south America 2nd of may! Will b gone for d whole month!! Think im gonna book flights for Toronto this wk...i really wanna b gone in June!

Still waiting on my medical too. Been in London since 14th Feb!!!! Im hoping it'll come next week coz im flying to Vancouver on 5th of May!!! AHHHHHHH.

How long have you been waiting????

Oh haha I just wrote to u on the other thread!! Dats gas:-) think mine went to London a few days after urs, think it was d 18th of Feb!

Please refer to other thread for the rest of my story!!

I like ur attitude! Im dyin to get d medical forms too cause iv flights booked for south America 2nd of may! Will b gone for d whole month!! Think im gonna book flights for Toronto this wk...i really wanna b gone in June!

O south america cool!!! ya the waiting is a killer, i'm committed anyway so i'll be on that plane may 5th with or without the visa.

My thinking is that for me if it comes on week 8 thats the 11th of April then by the time I get the appointment and do the medical thats say another week the 18th of April. Then posting back the results and getting the visa they say add another 2 to 3 weeks onto that so the 9th of May.
    Basically worst case, I will have to go to Canada on a holiday visa and then cross the border and get it stamped! well at least i hope thats worst case scenario!!!!:o

Oh haha I just wrote to u on the other thread!! Dats gas:-) think mine went to London a few days after urs, think it was d 18th of Feb!

Please refer to other thread for the rest of my story!!

HA!!!!!:)

O south america cool!!! ya the waiting is a killer, i'm committed anyway so i'll be on that plane may 5th with or without the visa.

My thinking is that for me if it comes on week 8 thats the 11th of April then by the time I get the appointment and do the medical thats say another week the 18th of April. Then posting back the results and getting the visa they say add another 2 to 3 weeks onto that so the 9th of May.
    Basically worst case, I will have to go to Canada on a holiday visa and then cross the border and get it stamped! well at least i hope thats worst case scenario!!!!:o

i just calculated there...overall my application has been processing for 8 weeks since yesterday...so suuuuurely i'll be hearin about my medical soooooon!

im goin lookin up flights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

cookies221 wrote: »
    What's the story with getting our Social Insurance Number (SIN)? Are we given one with our visa when we pass immigration at the airport? Or do we have to apply to somewhere from within Canada?

Nope you have to apply when you arrive.
    Google for a service canada office in the city where you are arriving...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

You can get a SIN through the SWAP induction meetings aswell, but tbh it's a waste of 2 hours, unless you're the type of person who needs to be told how to get a mobile phone and where to look for jobs and accomodation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

What do you put down for Province when putting in the info for your apllication package when living in Ireland? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

can2011 wrote: »
    What do you put down for Province when putting in the info for your apllication package when living in Ireland? Thanks

seriously? you put in your province. leinster, ulster, munster or connaught. Put in your county if you have any doubts or preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

seriously? you put in your province. leinster, ulster, munster or connaught. Put in your county if you have any doubts or preference.

Is that not a space where you put down the province you intend to go to?

I'm 99% sure I put down BC in that space

Advertisement