Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 achbons

Just got off the phone to USIT.. they've confirmed their site is crashing because of too many applications at once. So at least it's not a payment processing error. I also spoke to my credit card people.. they've confirmed that a payment request hasn't even come through from USIT today. Seems the booking form is crashing before it even gets to that stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

It is not going to work until they fix the database error.

So leave it a few hours and come back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elliegab

achbons wrote: »
    Just got off the phone to USIT.. they've confirmed their site is crashing because of too many applications at once. So at least it's not a payment processing error. I also spoke to my credit card people.. they've confirmed that a payment request hasn't even come through from USIT today. Seems the booking form is crashing before it even gets to that stage...

did they say that we should just keep trying or go back to it later?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭myleftfoot

New Error:

You already appear to have a confirmed application - Reference : XXXX
    You will receive an email within 3 business days to the email address(es) provided.
    This email will contain details of how to download your programme application forms and how to proceed from there.

Please refrain from contacting us before the 3 business days from your date of registration has passed, as your confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as possible.

SWEET!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

I have emailed them as well.
    Funny. you would think they would test their site before going live with it...

Also USIT are not making a good case for ASP.NET!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

its asked me to change my credit card number after getting 2 error messages even though the number is correct, argh!! has anyone managed to book yet??

The payment web service may be JAVA, as is probably the case :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stlongs

got the confirmed application error as well now... there was no confirmation in the meantime though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

new error again
    General error occurred. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Maybe not expecting as many hits

• Advertisement

stlongs wrote: »
    got the confirmed application error as well now... there was no confirmation in the meantime though....

It says within 3 business days mate, I reckon we're good to go. Congrats!

myleftfoot wrote: »
    It says within 3 business days mate, I reckon we're good to go. Congrats!

Maybe, but I'm scared if it is just an error glich.... do we just wait for it and hope?

just waiting for it to load again. hopefully it will work this time

The payment web service may be JAVA, as is probably the case

If thats the case...come on USIT restart the java payments service (i take it you have inside info to comfirm their use of a java webservice for payments processing)?

stlongs wrote: »
    Maybe, but I'm scared if it is just an error glich.... do we just wait for it and hope?

I'm fairly confident to be honest, the application would not be confirmed until payment was processed. Make sure you keep your reference number tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

jimmypitt wrote: »
    So leave it a few hours and come back?

I really don't know, the first error seemed to be a bad database design, soemthing with an incorrect insert. But the other guys seem to say it's just due to the number of applications. I think you shoul dkeep trying if you have time. I think they will allow people who have got an error to get a place and pay again once it's sorted. (I hope!).

ok just got this from USIT....

Please keep trying to access the registration form, unfortunately there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people attempting to access it at once, so it is slow, as Ticketmaster can be when concert tickets go on sale!

Kind regards,

Work Canada Team
    USIT Programmes Department
    19/21 Aston Quay
    O'Connell Bridge
    Dublin 2
    Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

getting error messages since 10.05, mostly timeout message.
    emailed them & got this:
    "
    Please keep trying to access the registration form, unfortunately there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people attempting to access it at once, so it is slow, as Ticketmaster can be when concert tickets go on sale!

Kind regards,

Work Canada Team"

if you have an individual ref no. id imagine youre sorted, print out what you can in case it is a error message & you need "coerce" them with proceedings.

If thats the case...come on USIT restart the java payments service (i take it you have inside info to comfirm their use of a java webservice for payments processing)?

No idea mate, but I doubt USIT would have any idea about it.

myleftfoot wrote: »
    I'm fairly confident to be honest, the application would not be confirmed until payment was processed. Make sure you keep your reference number tho.

oh yeah deffo. I'm trying to get on the usit home page and track the application, so far no luck... Congrats back at ya by the way!

• Advertisement

Hey guys, just got that 'you already have a confirmed application' message too:

You already appear to have a confirmed application - Reference : XXXXX
    You will receive an email within 3 business days to the email address(es) provided.
    This email will contain details of how to download your programme application forms and how to proceed from there.

Please refrain from contacting us before the 3 business days from your date of registration has passed, as your confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed it will start working for everyone now..

my housemate who is also applying for the visa got the already have a confirmed application. im still waiting :(

ANYONE ELSE STUCK ON THE PAYMENT SECTION???!!!I am on my 4th go at this stage!

Got this message the last time.

General error occurred. Error creating booking file : System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException]: An error occurred in Header.NewBookingRef(). (Fault Detail is equal to Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

damn thing :(

looks like this thing is starting to roll. Good luck everybody!

housemate just rang usit. those already confirmed applications are confirmed places. im still getting an error though :(:(:(

inode wrote: »
    housemate just rang usit. those already confirmed applications are confirmed places. im still getting an error though :(:(:(

Has your housemate got through the payment section, yeah?????

inode wrote: »

Hooray!! Good news, thanks for posting that!

yeah he has, he was getting the same errors then he got the already confirmed place. she told him to be sure just ring up the back and confirm payment has been made as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 hans_moleman

can anyone actually get into the booking page, ive been clicking on the link all morning and after a while i get this page cannot be displayed :confused:

Advertisement