Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

tried to apply for the IEC today,
    havent gotten an e-mail back from them yet to proceed.

does it usually take a while to get the e-mail from them?

Thanks,
    Seany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 katemin

Hello! :)

My boyfriend and I are hoping to go to toronto in May to start our year visa (I'm being optimistic as mine is still in london but he has his!)

Will be looking through this forum and others but just wondered if anyone had tips for looking for accommodation when we arrive....good websites....what kind of rates to look for?

Any tips ye have for people getting started would be really appreciated :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

gdmaestro, i am 9 weeks this week with my application , no word!!! .. johnyowen sure is 10/11 weeks i think maby..

cookies221 wrote: »
    As I said in another thread, the fact that they released an updated application form is a good sign. It means they are expecting more people to apply so there must be plenty of visas still left.

I thought you were ignoring my posts... or was it someone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

really...have you been onto the london office or is there any point?

• Advertisement

gdmaestro wrote: »
    really...have you been onto the london office or is there any point?

well yeah.. em i emailed them last week and got a blank email auto reply back ....

feckers :mad:

feckers :mad:

Did you email them??.. wil you email them see what you get .. thanks

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca

is that the email you used? just writing one there, will let ya know

Got an automated msg back but will hopefully hear something from them soon.

it just said this -

---Original Message to LDN (IEC / EIC)/Message d'origine à LDN (IEC /
    EIC)

Thank you for your message, which will be forwarded to the appropriate
    division at Headquarters or Missions abroad. Disclaimer:
    http://www.international.gc.ca/disclaimer.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    gdmaestro, i am 9 weeks this week with my application , no word!!! .. johnyowen sure is 10/11 weeks i think maby..

I dont think it should be taking that long. A girl I know sent hers off about 3 weeks ago and she has her visa acceptance notification already.

em.... gdmaestro... oh .. grr i get a blank message i dont get anything on it... em,,, yes it can take more than 8 weeks, see we are medicals you know, can take up to 12 weeks, but ideally should get the form soon not later, your on about 3 weeks thats for people that dont need medicals ... you know ... gdmaestro do you need to email that link then that thye gave you... ?

I just emailed the above link and in the msg back it says they'll forward it onto the appropriate dept and then get back to me?

try again maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm looking at applying for the U-35 Visa. This seems like it's a great thread, and I'm sure that all the information required is in there somewhere, but unfortunately it's so long now that it would ages to root it all out (I'm sure this sounds lazy, but there are over 2000 posts now). Would it be possible for a mod to edit the first post, and put in small bit of info, and maybe a couple of the most important links? I think this would stop people (like me!) asking really simple questions!

Thanks.

One quick question. I gather that applications go through the UK embassy? The application information on the UK website says that applicants must be UK citizens, but I assume Irish citizens can apply through this route also?

Thanks again.

I just emailed the above link and in the msg back it says they'll forward it onto the appropriate dept and then get back to me?

try again maybe?

Oh ok, well email their link they went you at the end of your email, anyway im sure the response will just be the same type of message from that of your first one. Email that link anyways, other than that its just more waiting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

em.... gdmaestro... oh .. grr i get a blank message i dont get anything on it... em,,, yes it can take more than 8 weeks, see we are medicals you know, can take up to 12 weeks, but ideally should get the form soon not later, your on about 3 weeks thats for people that dont need medicals ... you know ... gdmaestro do you need to email that link then that thye gave you... ?
    Im 5wks 2day since proof of payment with no medical:(

yes eire.... do you need a medical, it wil take some time , . No news johnyowen no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

yes eire.... do you need a medical, it wil take some time , . No news johnyowen no.
    No dnt need a medical so starten to get bit worried now literally checken every 5 mins ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

eire86 wrote: »
    Im 5wks 2day since proof of payment with no medical:(

me 2 with no medical either :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnyowen

noope no word on medical yet. week 10 and counting. i was lookin at the bunac page on facebook as well and they've no medical news in the UK either. its very very unfair considerin some people who dont opt to do the medical seem to be processed in about 4 1/2 weeks on average.

does anyone know if i need to have a return flight booked to get a holiday visa?
    ive one way flights booked for the 19th of may and i was thinkin if i could get my medical done before then i could at least fly out and wait for my LOI.

fingers crossed for this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Du

what do you mean by "we are medicals"???

Du wrote: »
    what do you mean by "we are medicals"???

I meant to say lol, we are due for medical tests. lol,
    But it means we are people that need to get medical tests, Why do you ask ??

Because I sent away my application last month (Its in London now) and I never sent away a medical test?

Because I sent away my application last month (Its in London now) and I never sent away a medical test?

Oh ok so your application is in uk 4 weeks now yeah. No dont worry, i mean i just meant that we all ticked yes to the section where it says do you intend to work in healthcare or work with people/children. That option is for people that will need to get medicals done, its not within the application now, its a separate thing the embassy has to send you out in the post for you to get tests in a certain medical practice, you just have to opt to say yes on the application,as they wil see it on your cv for a healthcare degree/teaching or watever.

I take it your not in that category or did you opt for it??.. if you are not in taht category then you have less waiting to do. OK

Ah yeah, I'm not looking for anything like that. How much does health insurance generally work out at? And I'm only going for 3 months so would I need a year insurance or just the 3 months? :)

Ah yeah, I'm not looking for anything like that. How much does health insurance generally work out at? And I'm only going for 3 months so would I need a year insurance or just the 3 months? :)

Insurance goes up in price when you pay by length of time and age, so yes 3 months if your sure its only for 3 months and not to be extended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

Answers:
    1. No. You must send to France. This is a brand new visa program. It has nothing to do with offices in Canada. You must apply to France. (I'm in Canada too, I applied to France.)
    2. I do not know. I do not believe so. $3,000 or more in the bank or a third party proving you have funds here and now. By November (when you'd be using this new visa), you may not have a job or change jobs and earn different money; therefore they may reject a letter from a job. However I would email/ring them for this question.
    3. You must send off a new police cert. I haven't returned to Ireland in a year and a half and I had to send off a police cert. I wrote a letter, sent to my parent in Ireland; they went to the Garda station and gave it to them. Gardai sent it to my parent's address in Ireland. Parent sent it to me by registered post in Canada. In my letter to the Gardai I stated I'm Canada now, I've given permission to my parent (name), that Gardai can send the cert. to my parent and my parent send it to me. REASON: Gardai rarely will send important documents abroad. So sent to parents then parents sent to me was easier. Total:took almost three weeks.
    4. You can apply in Canada. You can cross the border. I crossed the border, US immigration gave me a hard time; but once I got back to Canada after a few hours waiting in US immigration; Canada immigration were the nicest people on the earth. They knew what to do and were used to people in my position with visas like mine.

Hope this helped.

You had to wait a few hours when crossing the border? yikes, i was straight over and back. Well, the main thing is ya get the visa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 RyanNolan

I don't think i'll have visa approval by the time i intend on leaving for canada on the 27th of May! Im only sending off my application kit in the next few days but when I do is there any chance they could get it back to me faster if I said I needed by the 27th?

Doubt it, if anything I reckon they'll reject you because of it. Paris office seems to be unbelievably quick at sorting visas, but then once it hits London it takes ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Doubt it, if anything I reckon they'll reject you because of it. Paris office seems to be unbelievably quick at sorting visas, but then once it hits London it takes ages.

It's getting quicker though. I've a mate who was received in London on the 9th of March and he got his visa last Friday

Advertisement