Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    It's getting quicker though. I've a mate who was received in London on the 9th of March and he got his visa last Friday

You probably wil be taking a chance in waiting a total of 5 weeks , if its not the 5thweek it will be the 8 week. Thats rounding up the length of time people are getting it, most are getting it on the 5th week but then again there are some people on here who are waiting up to the 8th week for people who dont need medicals that is.

johnyowen wrote: »
    noope no word on medical yet. week 10 and counting. i was lookin at the bunac page on facebook as well and they've no medical news in the UK either. its very very unfair considerin some people who dont opt to do the medical seem to be processed in about 4 1/2 weeks on average.

does anyone know if i need to have a return flight booked to get a holiday visa?
    ive one way flights booked for the 19th of may and i was thinkin if i could get my medical done before then i could at least fly out and wait for my LOI.

fingers crossed for this week.

Johnyowen, i also booked its 27th of may, one way lol. got it for nice price. If i didnt book i would be paying more if i waited , probably would have ended up booking a last minute flight to be honset lol at this stage. I think one ways are fine , just you would need more money on top of your spending money, like about 4 to 500+ euro more to secure you for a flight home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Iv my flights booked aswell for d 8th of June to Toronto.
    But still headin on hols on the 2nd may...please god give me my medical before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

hey guys,hows things goin for ye...myself and nivasis is here in toronto as we speak.....in the canadiana backpacker inn......hope all is goin well for everyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

woo woo! ye give me hope haha:)

hope ye are havin a ball!

will hopefully all meet in toronto for drinks durin the summer!

• Advertisement

den1982 wrote: »
    hey guys,hows things goin for ye...myself and nivasis is here in toronto as we speak.....in the canadiana backpacker inn......hope all is goin well for everyone:)

Hey den, sup.. oh are you . Do you mean nivasis from on here, boards. Oh very good. Wil you be staying there for one week or more, and then looking for accomadations. Im stil waiting on my visa lol, for a medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

ah well done:D so what do you's think of toronto??

we're stayin in the canadian hostel. its $160 each a week in a 6 bedroom.its defo the best hostel to stay in and its reasonable at that rate.get ur bedsheets and towels changed everyday or whenever u want all included.overall its very expensive to rent.about 600dollars easily each for 2 rooms prob in a 5 to 6 bedroom house which is a dive..we are moving out to mississuaga in two weeks,house got for 650,that includes everythin even a maid to clean our house:D:D we're bad bitchs but we were hardly goin to say no,....haha. anyone comin over soon.loads of irish here..apllied for loads of jobs but heard nothin back
    ya and thats nivasis form here...we're two tralee girls

we're stayin in the canadian hostel. its $160 each a week in a 6 bedroom.its defo the best hostel to stay in and its reasonable at that rate.get ur bedsheets and towels changed everyday or whenever u want all included.overall its very expensive to rent.about 600dollars easily each for 2 rooms prob in a 5 to 6 bedroom house which is a dive..we are moving out to mississuaga in two weeks,house got for 650,that includes everythin even a maid to clean our house:D:D we're bad bitchs but we were hardly goin to say no,....haha. anyone comin over soon.loads of irish here..apllied for loads of jobs but heard nothin back

Oic.... is the 650 for one month.... cool... did you meet nivasis from on here lol.. Em also if you are moving out to mississuaga , and if you get a job in toronto , wil you be moving there ?. Im going over 27th of may, to where is destination unknown on my behalf really.. lol.

I have seen that there are lots jobs for me in mississagua, some in toronto also, so il be prob end up there.

• Advertisement

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    I have seen that there are lots jobs for me in mississagua, some in toronto also, so il be prob end up there.

we just wanted a nice house to come home adn reasonable.its quiet expensive like in the city,now u can be lucky and catch a bargain.we didnt want to really live in the city anyway.but from mississuaga its only 30mins on the train.which is nothing.plenty shoppin centres and factories in that area. we're aimin at gettin in to factories,gettin 3 12hour shifts and get summit on the side then....are u comin alone or with people? what area of work u lookin for:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JoolsVan

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    It's getting quicker though. I've a mate who was received in London on the 9th of March and he got his visa last Friday

Getting antsy now! My app was sent to London on the 1st and I still haven't heard. This Friday is 6wks waiting in total, 5 since London... Hate having my life held in the balance like this..:o

we just wanted a nice house to come home adn reasonable.its quiet expensive like in the city,now u can be lucky and catch a bargain.we didnt want to really live in the city anyway.but from mississuaga its only 30mins on the train.which is nothing.plenty shoppin centres and factories in that area. we're aimin at gettin in to factories,gettin 3 12hour shifts and get summit on the side then....are u comin alone or with people? what area of work u lookin for:)

Hey... oh oic, factories .Im looking for biotechnology jobs, dna, forensics, protein biochem, mycology, working in labs basically, you didnt come accross any companies i take it lol, id say you wil see public ones maby in mississuaga , but thye normally are hidden.And was that a two bedrrom apartment you got, of is it like more than 2, and sharing with people you dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spartacus 109

Hi did anyone send there application in March? I think it was about the 16th when I sent mine, I'm thinking I should no whether i'm accepted or not by like the 20th of this month but I dunno anyone that also sent theres in March and has heard anything back please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

JoolsVan wrote: »
    Getting antsy now! My app was sent to London on the 1st and I still haven't heard. This Friday is 6wks waiting in total, 5 since London... Hate having my life held in the balance like this..:o

Ahhh, I just wanted to tell you that I feel your pain big time!! My boyfriend (I'm Canadian) had his sent to London on March 4th.. and we are also still waiting! He's booked his flights for May 4th, so we are a bit worried it won't come in time! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnyowen

i got my medical form in the post today. just arranging it now in dublin. all is forgiven canadian high commission!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

lindzation wrote: »
    Ahhh, I just wanted to tell you that I feel your pain big time!! My boyfriend (I'm Canadian) had his sent to London on March 4th.. and we are also still waiting! He's booked his flights for May 4th, so we are a bit worried it won't come in time! :o
    Mine and was girlfriends is in london since the 1st and were still waiting so looks like theres a few of us in the same boat which is sumtin.Doesnt help with the nerves though ha:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 photobooth

hi guys...firstly been reading this for ages and it has been an unbelievable help when filling out all the forms etc. Just wondering, i received my proof of payment email on the 23rd March and the money left my account on the 24th March. I haven't heard anything since then and my 2 friends who did it after me both got emails saying their applications have been forwarded to London. I emailed them but got a delayed notification. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem? Thanks.

Hi johnyowne, you got your medical form ... yayayayyayayaya.... so was this week your 10th week in uk ??? ... i think im 9th week now this week then :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnyowen

Hi johnyowne, you got your medical form ... yayayayyayayaya.... so was this week your 10th week in uk ??? ... i think im 9th week now this week then :):)

yeah week ten. im booked into a dublin clinic tomo hopefully if all goes well. its gona cost 210 euro though. i have a medical card but it doesnt cover it unfortunately. ill let ye know how it goes tomo.

• Advertisement

johnyowen wrote: »
    yeah week ten. im booked into a dublin clinic tomo hopefully if all goes well. its gona cost 210 euro though. i have a medical card but it doesnt cover it unfortunately. ill let ye know how it goes tomo.

Oh sweet!!! yeah il be going to the dublin one too, em there are two of em yeah, booterstown and donnybrook, not sure which one is the better one to go to not as i am not farmilar with em . think i have to take the dart for both , or maby donnybrook is a bus route not too sure. Oh ok so week 10. Hmmm god i hope i get mine now johny... oh very exciting i love seein the xrays...

OH dam you serious!!! i have medical card!!!!!! LOL.... ugh......

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

That Canadiana Hostel looks nice alright! Lots of activities and a pub crawl every weekend, nice! Did you try that out by any chance?

Hey... oh oic, factories .Im looking for biotechnology jobs, dna, forensics, protein biochem, mycology, working in labs basically, you didnt come accross any companies i take it lol, id say you wil see public ones maby in mississuaga , but thye normally are hidden.And was that a two bedrrom apartment you got, of is it like more than 2, and sharing with people you dont know.

the house has two other girls in it maybe 4 along with us for the summer but we dont mind,house has all tiled floors,spiral stairs,3 or 4 bathrooms,me and my friend have our own which is unreal....backgarden where we can sunbathe:D and shoppin centre is right beside us so dont need transports...mississuaga has loads of factories.we're goin to go down one of the days b4 movin in to put in our resumes....fingers crossed..its not easy to get work here,they tend to look after their own first.but ud never know u could walk in to one straight away:D:D

jimmybeige wrote: »
    That Canadiana Hostel looks nice alright! Lots of activities and a pub crawl every weekend, nice! Did you try that out by any chance?

ya we have done a good few activites here in the hostel,not really the piss ups.this hostel is defo the best choice,they try help u in anyway and a good bit of stuff is free which is handy when on a budget.we tend to head to the irish bars ourselves and try mingle...good way to get chattin urself to people and get contacts..;)

ya we have done a good few activites here in the hostel,not really the piss ups.this hostel is defo the best choice,they try help u in anyway and a good bit of stuff is free which is handy when on a budget.we tend to head to the irish bars ourselves and try mingle...good way to get chattin urself to people and get contacts..;)

Good stuff. On your advice I have booked into that hostel for my first 10 days there. I plan to try out the pub crawl though ;)

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Good stuff. On your advice I have booked into that hostel for my first 10 days there. I plan to try out the pub crawl though ;)

do ya,ur dead rite.you'll be dead happy here.great hostel for minglin..met loads of friends.when do u come over?? :D

Next month. Got a direct flight from Shannon on the 10th with Air Transat which is very handy. Were you long looking for a house and where did you look for accommodation? Any good websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

eire86 wrote: »
    Mine and was girlfriends is in london since the 1st and were still waiting so looks like theres a few of us in the same boat which is sumtin.Doesnt help with the nerves though ha:o

Yeah it's hell stressful!! But it is a tad comforting to know that we are not the only ones waiting..

OK, I have my medical FORM!!!! JUST GOT IT !!! there in he post !!! ... finallly!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Woooooo hoooooooo........

Advertisement