Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    OK, I have my medical FORM!!!! JUST GOT IT !!! there in he post !!! ... finallly!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Delighted for you! It's been a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Delighted for you! It's been a long wait

You can say that again... thank you .. right going to go down and ring up ,book me in for an appointment!!!!! .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    You can say that again... thank you .. right going to go down and ring up ,book me in for an appointment!!!!! .......

best of luck with it:D

Right im Booked in for monday morning... the secratary is a right oul co*... like getting blood out of a stone for information... lolz.. x-ray should be fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Woo woo got my medical forms too!!! Thank Christ!

• Advertisement

gdmaestro wrote: »
    Woo woo got my medical forms too!!! Thank Christ!

very good!!! was this your 8th week/??.. lol looks like they were planing on sending it for us all on this week for those who probably have been waiting up to 8 weeks and more ......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im heading to toronto in late sept/early oct. is this a good idea purely based on the jobs front? im not really experienced in any field so just looking for anything to keep me going.

the ideal plan is to tear into work as much as possible, then maybe go travel after a while. travelling with the gf :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomoshea

i was 11 weeks waiting for my visa yesterday and today i got forms to do a medical! dont know why i have to do medical...... i told them i wouldnt be working in healthcare or childcare and i have no health problems!! very strange!

i did work in england last year but dont see how that would require a medical! its not africa or asia!!

anyway i decided that it would take too long and be too much hassle to try and find out why i needed medical or try and change it so im doing the medical in cork next week. no harm to get medical done i suppose!!

im planning on flying to toronto at the end of april so chances are i wont have my LOI by then. im going to go back through the various threads and read about how other people dealt with getting through airport immigration on a holiday visa with a working visa pending!!!

a week or 2 enjoying toronto and finding somewhere to live and hopefully LOI will come through and ill be off to buffalo!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ivanpower

guys..im just curios...im waiting in london now nearly 4 and a half weeks!

i dont need to do a medical but for those who have got there LOI'S does it sound like il be waiting much longer....how long is it usually in London for people who dont need a medical?

also.. can emigration in London decide to give you a medical even if you didnt tick the box to do one on the application form? if so will they e-mail me to tell me or do they just send you out the medical form in the post?

thanks
    ivan

also i have my flights booked for 4th May so thats why i need this visa to get a move on.:D lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭gdmaestro

Its processing 9wks today, medical provisionally booked for tues n hoping to get my xray done in work Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

ivanpower wrote: »
    also i have my flights booked for 4th May so thats why i need this visa to get a move on.:D lol

My boyfriend has had his in London for exactly 5 weeks today, and still no word.. it seems to vary a lot from person to person! Some people have gotten theirs after 4 weeks in London, some people up to 8 weeks...
    His flights are booked for May 4 as well!! Bit stressful, hope it comes through in time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JoolsVan

Mine is over 5 weeks in London from last Tuesday.. 6 weeks to the day today since getting my confirmation of receipt... They told me it'd take 6weeks to process then and was dying for this day to come, but I've got nothing in my inbox.. it did say in the app that it could take up to 8 weeks though.. fingers crossed for Monday.

Has anyone who's app was sent to UK on 1st of March hear anything yet?? :confused:

lindzation wrote: »
    My boyfriend has had his in London for exactly 5 weeks today, and still no word.. it seems to vary a lot from person to person! Some people have gotten theirs after 4 weeks in London, some people up to 8 weeks...
    His flights are booked for May 4 as well!! Bit stressful, hope it comes through in time!

This is a stressfull as hell process! wheres ur BF flying out 4m..im goin 4m shannon. but with the spped of things in London it could be June by the time im goin :(

This is a stressfull as hell process! wheres ur BF flying out 4m..im goin 4m shannon. but with the spped of things in London it could be June by the time im goin :(

He's flying out from Dublin! Yeah it's definitely worrying.. I'm trying to tell him he should just head over on a tourist visa and then we'll drive to the border if we have to.. so hopefully if we don't get it in time we'll do that. We've been waiting like 10 months for this, I can't stand it anymore! haha.

His processing time was meant to be 6 weeks as well, which was up on Monday.. but he took like 8 days to pay and so then 10 days for it to be sent to London so I figured it would go overtime...but still. So bloody hard to plan anything!

JoolsVan wrote: »
    Mine is over 5 weeks in London from last Tuesday.. 6 weeks to the day today since getting my confirmation of receipt... They told me it'd take 6weeks to process then and was dying for this day to come, but I've got nothing in my inbox.. it did say in the app that it could take up to 8 weeks though.. fingers crossed for Monday.

Has anyone who's app was sent to UK on 1st of March hear anything yet?? :confused:

You know, I haven't heard of anyone Irish for March yet.. but I saw on the BUNAC forum that some people have got theres whose app was sent to the UK on March 4th.

You know, I haven't heard of anyone Irish for March yet.. but I saw on the BUNAC forum that some people have got theres whose app was sent to the UK on March 4th.

Hmmm... I'm imagining that my app is just sitting in a pile on someones desk waiting to be checked off and that they happen to be the slow one in the visa office.. your bf's app is probably sitting in the same pile ;) fingers crossed for Monday! But I'd say keep your flights and get him to go over on a tourist visa. It's easy as to go down to the border when he gets the email. Just make sure you've got your insurance sorted before leaving. I'm going to be dropping down to the border from Vancouver and another girl on here has done that already and said all went totally fine. Best of luck!

GGirl2010 - major congrats on the med forms coming through! You've had a long ass wait for those. Best of luck with the rest.

Hmmm... I'm imagining that my app is just sitting in a pile on someones desk waiting to be checked off and that they happen to be the slow one in the visa office.. your bf's app is probably sitting in the same pile ;) fingers crossed for Monday! But I'd say keep your flights and get him to go over on a tourist visa. It's easy as to go down to the border when he gets the email. Just make sure you've got your insurance sorted before leaving. I'm going to be dropping down to the border from Vancouver and another girl on here has done that already and said all went totally fine. Best of luck!

GGirl2010 - major congrats on the med forms coming through! You've had a long ass wait for those. Best of luck with the rest.

Hahaha.. that's funny... I was actually thinking the same thing about it sitting in a pile. Probably the person who spends the most time on Facebook has the stack with yours & his application! Good to hear the feedback on the tourist visa idea... I'm not sure how keen he was on it (I think mainly he just didn't want to think about not getting visa in time.)
    You are thinking of doing the same thing?? He's got his insurance sorted as well so that's sweet. Best of luck to you as well! Can't wait for the happy day! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

11 weeks to the day after sending off my application my medical form finally makes an appearance. Looks like they were all sent out at the same time regardless of when it was sent in. Thank God it arrived, I was getting greyer by the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

Hey everyone!!!

Got my medical today too and did my x ray today! Booked in for my medical on Monday in Cork so i'll update ppl then!!

So delighted everything should be back and all my May 5th which is great!

Woop woo!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Hahaha.. that's funny... I was actually thinking the same thing about it sitting in a pile. Probably the person who spends the most time on Facebook has the stack with yours & his application! Good to hear the feedback on the tourist visa idea... I'm not sure how keen he was on it (I think mainly he just didn't want to think about not getting visa in time.)
    You are thinking of doing the same thing?? He's got his insurance sorted as well so that's sweet. Best of luck to you as well! Can't wait for the happy day! :)

I've been here coming on a year in June already.. So I won't be flying in from anywhere to get my new work visa which is why I'll be driving down to the border. I've got job and good life here now, so very anxious to keep it that way for another year at least so I can sort permanent residency. I hope for your bf's sanity that the LOI comes before you leave, but there should be no problems that I can see (not legal advice here btw ;) ) with coming over and if they ask at the border why you've got a work visa and he doesn't, just say that he has it in process and that he obviously will NOT be looking for a job until he gets it through.. should be grand. Especially if you've proof of funds that show you will be ok for a month or two at least. Though I've never been asked to show proof of funds! Roll on the happy day is right. :) j

I've been here coming on a year in June already.. So I won't be flying in from anywhere to get my new work visa which is why I'll be driving down to the border. I've got job and good life here now, so very anxious to keep it that way for another year at least so I can sort permanent residency. I hope for your bf's sanity that the LOI comes before you leave, but there should be no problems that I can see (not legal advice here btw ;) ) with coming over and if they ask at the border why you've got a work visa and he doesn't, just say that he has it in process and that he obviously will NOT be looking for a job until he gets it through.. should be grand. Especially if you've proof of funds that show you will be ok for a month or two at least. Though I've never been asked to show proof of funds! Roll on the happy day is right. :) j

Ahh that's awesome! I actually did two working holidays in Australia, and I remember how stressful it was waiting for that second one to come through so that I could continue with my life there! I'm Canadian myself (from Alberta), so I'm actually just waiting on him to get over here.. (which is why I don't want to wait any longer than I have to ;)) But yeah I'll definitely let him know your advice! (and I'll keep in mind that it's not legal, hehe.)

Shine7 wrote: »
    11 weeks to the day after sending off my application my medical form finally makes an appearance. Looks like they were all sent out at the same time regardless of when it was sent in. Thank God it arrived, I was getting greyer by the day!

11 weeks is crazy...u must of been goin loopers haha;)

Ahh that's awesome! I actually did two working holidays in Australia, and I remember how stressful it was waiting for that second one to come through so that I could continue with my life there! I'm Canadian myself (from Alberta), so I'm actually just waiting on him to get over here.. (which is why I don't want to wait any longer than I have to ;)) But yeah I'll definitely let him know your advice! (and I'll keep in mind that it's not legal, hehe.)

Oh that's great. You must be dying for him to come over so! I've got a Manitoban man myself here, which is the main reason I HAVE to get the second year! :)

Oh that's great. You must be dying for him to come over so! I've got a Manitoban man myself here, which is the main reason I HAVE to get the second year! :)

Ah you feel my pain then!! Dying indeed! You've got loads of time yet I'm 100% sure you'll be fine :):D

Yes MAJOR,,,, HUNGOVER !!!!! LOL... yeah was long ass waiting !!!!! wasnt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydiac

hey guys going crazy here.... paid my canadian embassy money on the 25th of march and got an email that they have received proof of funds.... nothing since... thats 10working days.... and one else have to wait this long. All my friends who sent off at the same time already have theres in london 3 weeks :(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

lydiac wrote: »
    hey guys going crazy here.... paid my canadian embassy money on the 25th of march and got an email that they have received proof of funds.... nothing since... thats 10working days.... and one else have to wait this long. All my friends who sent off at the same time already have theres in london 3 weeks :(:(:(:(

a few people a while ago on here had the same problem! think they were nearly waiting two weeks till they got the sent to london email maybe someone else can back me up on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydiac

I think I was actually the chief panic person on this sight for a while. Waited nearly 3 weeks after I sent my proof of payment to get the email to say it was sent to London. But i gather from the rejection emails other people have gotten that if there is a problem with your paper work then Paris email you and London really look into if your a criminal so assuming you aren't you should be fine DEN1982. Seems to be no logic in the timing of things I know it's hard but after my weeks of pure stress and panic all I can say is it's not worth it cause it will come when it comes.

This is driving me MAD, ive been waiting to hear that mine has been sent to london for 10 working days now :mad: all my friends have been in london for a good 3 weeks now. and im worrying that i wont have it by the time im ment to go :mad: so sad and worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im heading to toronto in late sept/early oct. is this a good idea purely based on the jobs front? im not really experienced in any field so just looking for anything to keep me going.

the ideal plan is to tear into work as much as possible, then maybe go travel after a while. travelling with the gf

Advertisement