Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 JoolsVan

I got my LOI today!!!! :D SO relieved!!

So the details of my application were - I got my confirmation of receipt from Paris on the 25th Feb, payment sent on the 28th Feb and got a mail on the 1st March to say it was being sent to UK and it's 6 weeks to the day from then til today when I got the email.

Now to sort insurance and when I'm going to cross the border.

Best of luck to all on here!!! and thanks so much for posting and the support.

:) j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

tomoshea wrote: »
    did they say how long it takes for the results to be returned before they end it off to london?? im going down to cork in the morning to do the medical

They didn't say but any blood test I've had to do recently here have only taken the week to come back so I don't expect they will take any longer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

HEY all!! Bit of information for ye about the medical.

I did mine in cork, nice doctor friendly and interested which is good. He takes Blood, urine and has a feel of your stomach for hernia's and the likes. Takes about 10 mins and I was waiting about 20 mins so not too bad for a doctor! Make sure you have your x ray done first!

He said it would take a week to get the results and then they send it off to London, then from what I gather from the letter London takes about 10 days until they get back to you.

The doctor said to me it will probably be at least 3 weeks before I hear anything, in his experience.

tomohea- If you can find out anything else from him do please! Not sure if I sould call the surgery to see if they sent it off or not?

Hope this helps!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ivanpower

JoolsVan wrote: »
    I got my LOI today!!!! :D SO relieved!!

So the details of my application were - I got my confirmation of receipt from Paris on the 25th Feb, payment sent on the 28th Feb and got a mail on the 1st March to say it was being sent to UK and it's 6 weeks to the day from then til today when I got the email.

Now to sort insurance and when I'm going to cross the border.

Best of luck to all on here!!! and thanks so much for posting and the support.

:) j

congrats! when do u plan on going?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 moncy25

Hey Everyone, received my LOI today:D:D...it was sent to London 7th March........best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back, and hope it comes for ye soon:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hurtzington

i am stilll waiting for my LOI !!!

i got my acknowledgement of receipt on 7th march, saying processing time is 6 weeks. so it will be 6 weeks this coming monday, BEGGING it comes, i am ready to go as sooooon as possible!!!

i am envious of those that have their LOI's!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 moncy25

i am stilll waiting for my LOI !!!

i got my acknowledgement of receipt on 7th march, saying processing time is 6 weeks. so it will be 6 weeks this coming monday, BEGGING it comes, i am ready to go as sooooon as possible!!!

i am envious of those that have their LOI's!

Hey I think I've been lucky 6 weeks and 1 day in total, don't worry it will come and when it does...it'll have been worth the wait:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mouse1

Good to know what's involved in the medical. Doing mine tomorrow at 8am and the Doc wouldn't tell me exactly what was involved, and I asked him twice!!

The results are sent back to the doctor within two weeks and it takes to weeks for the canadian gov to assess your results. So those of us who have been waiting on our medicals should finally be looking forward to Canada in a month or so!!

im glad i didnt have to have a medical!

i sent my application to paris, whats london all about? lol.

checkin my inbox everydayyyyyy!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomoshea

my day was the same of yours luluslollypop!! were you the blonde girl filling out the forms as i left...!!?? haha :D

doctor was sound, didnt take too long. said blood test results will be back in 3 days and then couriered to london so they should get them early next week. all being well of course.

hopefully wont be long hearing back but wouldnt hold my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

im glad i didnt have to have a medical!

i sent my application to paris, whats london all about? lol.

checkin my inbox everydayyyyyy!!!!!

After you send your application to Paris, and send your payment - your application is then forwarded to London.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Next month. Got a direct flight from Shannon on the 10th with Air Transat which is very handy. Were you long looking for a house and where did you look for accommodation? Any good websites?

Craiglists is the best here...thats how we found ours. your comin in the right time cos all students finish college so plenty rooms available!!!
    and we got our insurance thru backpacker insurance for full cover ,around 270 each i think

ivanpower wrote: »
    congrats! when do u plan on going?

Thanks a mil. Am here (Vancouver) already. Got the work permit through USIT last year and here since June '10. SO delighted I got the second year as have a Provincial Nominee Program app in process here and it takes 18 weeks!! to go through, which I didn't realise before sending off the apps and that is only going to come through in the week I was supposed to leave the country, so now I can breathe again :)

Best of luck with yours! I'm sure it'll come through next week as mine was 6weeks to the day in London.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Emeraldgem

Hi all!

Just joined Boards.ie finally after 4 months of following this thread!!!

Everyone's posts have been so helpful and in the end myself and the bf get our LOIs back at the end of March.

So I have a question for you all - when we go through emigration at the airport we'll get our 12 month work permit. Does the time on this start counting down there and then on the spot or will the time start counting down once you have a job?

We had planned on doing a bit of travelling around Canada for a few weeks before we settled down in our jobs.

I've read here somewhere before that the work permit counts down from emigration. If this is the case I was thinking of not presenting our LOI, proof of funds, insurance etc initially, having a tourist visa and then going to a border to get our permits once we're ready to work.

Thanks for any input!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

zizuzid wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Hoping you all get over the visa hurdle soon. For anyone going to Vancouver, please be sure to check out this page designed to give you all the relevant information you need, for FREE

Please avoid paying USIT needless fees!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moving-to-Vancouver/147400311986279?ref=ts

This page is Irish owned. Please email us at Moving2Vancouver@gmail.com if you have any questions

Ruairi

thanks for posting this for the sixth time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

Got my loi 2day:D.Went to london the 1th of march so 6wks and 1day i was waiten.That was stressful ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ivanpower

eire86 wrote: »
    Got my loi 2day:D.Went to london the 1th of march so 6wks and 1day i was waiten.That was stressful ha

what time did u get it at buddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brucey1985

Hi All,

Im hoping to visit Canada this september, hoping to spend 5 nights in Toronto and 9 nights in Vancouver as we have friends there so dont need accomodation. Just wondering can anyone advise around how much spending money i would need? ive heard canada is v expensive!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laura47

just got my LOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

ivanpower wrote: »
    what time did u get it at buddy?
    11.05:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

laura47 wrote: »
    just got my LOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

when did you post yours to Paris?
    and
    Well done

thanks my bf hasnt got his yet he did it at the same time as me
    i posted it on the 22nd of feb
    and it came through yest at 15.30pm

got mine 2 mine was in london since the 1st of march 2!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

JoolsVan wrote: »
    Thanks a mil. Am here (Vancouver) already. Got the work permit through USIT last year and here since June '10. SO delighted I got the second year as have a Provincial Nominee Program app in process here and it takes 18 weeks!! to go through, which I didn't realise before sending off the apps and that is only going to come through in the week I was supposed to leave the country, so now I can breathe again :)

Best of luck with yours! I'm sure it'll come through next week as mine was 6weeks to the day in London.. :)

Congrats lady!!! My boyfriend got his today too! yay!! :D

lindzation wrote: »
    Congrats lady!!! My boyfriend got his today too! yay!! :D

Ah I'm delighted for you! That's brilliant news!! :D Good times all round.

Emeraldgem wrote: »
    Hi all!

Just joined Boards.ie finally after 4 months of following this thread!!!

Everyone's posts have been so helpful and in the end myself and the bf get our LOIs back at the end of March.

So I have a question for you all - when we go through emigration at the airport we'll get our 12 month work permit. Does the time on this start counting down there and then on the spot or will the time start counting down once you have a job?

We had planned on doing a bit of travelling around Canada for a few weeks before we settled down in our jobs.

I've read here somewhere before that the work permit counts down from emigration. If this is the case I was thinking of not presenting our LOI, proof of funds, insurance etc initially, having a tourist visa and then going to a border to get our permits once we're ready to work.

Thanks for any input!

Hi there, your work permit is given to you at whatever airport you land in Canada. The time starts from the day it is given to you. You could try just getting the tourist visa at the start, but there might be a note on your passport in the system to say you've got permission to work and need documents.. and they could quiz you as to why you're not getting the permit.. Canadian people are lovely, but Canadian border police do not smile or have a laugh with you, especially if they feel they don't know what you're up to.. so just be careful. They have every right to turn you away.

Don't mean to scare you, but could be a good idea to check into this more and check other forums to see if anyones done this before - irishalien.com could be helpful..

j

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

defo seems they send as batch from paris and that london then send the confirmation emails in a batch.
    makes sense as then they keep the responses down.

so goin on time lines i have roughly 2 weeks more to wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keeno32

hey just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me, i went through usit for the canada working holiday visa and sent it off. i got a email from paris saying i did not meet the residency requirements. i have already payed usit 350 euro and they say they cant give me a refund. is there anyone having a similar problem?
    any help would be great. thanks.

u lucky people!! i MUST be getting mine any day now, wud be great to have it just b4 the weekend!

i think im on about 5 weeks 3 days now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Manic con

u lucky people!! i MUST be getting mine any day now, wud be great to have it just b4 the weekend!

i think im on about 5 weeks 3 days now!

Tell me about it I'm into my 7th week in London now.Wish if I was getting rejected they would tell me already.

Advertisement