Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

dave98 wrote: »
    Please someoneHELP. Im in Toronto and my visa is up in a few days! The girlfriend got her LOI but I didnt yet. Mine isin London 6 weeks. Does anyone know my options? Do I have to leave or whats the story?

You've left this really really really late!!!
    well you cannot apply for visitor status, as its too late; that's another visa that has to be sent in a month before your current visa is expired. Once your current visa expires, you will be illegal in Canada. You will not be allowed to work and your SIN will expire.

But there is hope!!
    Okay, well you have three options:
    1. Leave Canada by going to Ireland or wherever and only return when you have your visa.
    2. Pop down to the US/Canadian border, go into the US and return to Canada as a tourist (then just wait here, not working, for your IEC visa to come through). You cannot work. No visa is required to be a tourist on holiday. You are just on holiday visiting your girlfriend/friends etc.
    3. Consult the Canadian immigration website for any other options (which I don't think there are any at this late stage) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

If I was you, option 2 seems the best one, if you're confident on getting your IEC visa. Then your only a tourist here until the visa comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Really wish June would hurry up and get here. Can't wait to get going!

LOL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

hi is there anyone who had to apply using the new forms coz i have a couple qs about it-do we have to fill out the section on intended work? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Fromvert wrote: »
    How long are people normally waiting for their application to be sent to the UK?

I transfered the money on the 4th and uploaded my proof of payment on the same day. Got confirmation of my proof of payment but have heard nothing about being sent to the UK yet.

My friend did his on the same day as me and his was sent to th UK the next day.

Just worried something has happened to my application.

Just bumping this, will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I received my proof of payment and have heard nothing about my application being sent to the UK.

Anyone else have to wait this long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hurtzington

i got my acknowledgement of receipt on 7/03/11 and was told 6 weeks processing time.

by 11/03/11 i had paid for the visa got my recepit of proof of payment and received the email saying it has now been passed onto the high commision in the uk.

it is now 6 weeks 2day from the day i got my acknowledgement, yet still no letter of intro!

anyone else been having any problems or been on a similar timescale to me and has received/not received their LOI? i dont need a medical or anything either.

so angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jaff

i got my acknowledgement of receipt on 7/03/11 and was told 6 weeks processing time.

by 11/03/11 i had paid for the visa got my recepit of proof of payment and received the email saying it has now been passed onto the high commision in the uk.

it is now 6 weeks 2day from the day i got my acknowledgement, yet still no letter of intro!

anyone else been having any problems or been on a similar timescale to me and has received/not received their LOI? i dont need a medical or anything either.

so angry.

Well if you only paid and received receipt of payment on the 11th you have only been waiting 5 weeks and a few days, it's six weeks in London usually. I received the notification of being in London on the 7th. Don't get stressed out unduly. I saw people on here saying they got theirs last week who had been in London a week longer than me. By this time scale you should expect something sometime next week.

that is kinda good to know (i suppose)

so going from that, it wud be 6 weeks in london this coming friday.

BUT, at the same time, in the acknowledgement email it does say it will take 6 weeks to process, which is today, for me. if time was calculated on people gettin through the first phase and everything then it wud say 7 weeks processing? if you see what i mean, lol.

so, im thinkin should i still email em and ask what is going on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

that is kinda good to know (i suppose)

so going from that, it wud be 6 weeks in london this coming friday.

BUT, at the same time, in the acknowledgement email it does say it will take 6 weeks to process, which is today, for me. if time was calculated on people gettin through the first phase and everything then it wud say 7 weeks processing? if you see what i mean, lol.

so, im thinkin should i still email em and ask what is going on ?

nope wouldn't bother as you will only get the automated email saying it's taking longer cause of volume of applications.

there doing them in bunches and it's looking at 6-8 weeks processing time from the approval of payment email.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Quick question, just trying to figure this out:

Are the forms on this page the one I need to fill out to apply for the U-35 visa?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Quick question, just trying to figure this out:

Are the forms on this page the one I need to fill out to apply for the U-35 visa?

Thanks.

Nope
    This is the one you want:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Read the FAQ first

• Advertisement

red menace wrote: »

Thanks. I tried this (ie, filled in my e-mail, followed the link sent to me, and filled in the info). I'm getting the following message:

'You can not participate in this category because you do not fulfil the citizenship requirement.'

Any idea why I would get this message? I turn 30 this year. That's only possible factor that could affect it I thought? But as I say, I'm 29 so should make no difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

so angry.

That is the most irritating post I've seen on here in a while.

Angry about what you eejit?!!!

Thanks. I tried this (ie, filled in my e-mail, followed the link sent to me, and filled in the info). I'm getting the following message:

'You can not participate in this category because you do not fulfil the citizenship requirement.'

Any idea why I would get this message? I turn 30 this year. That's only possible factor that could affect it I thought? But as I say, I'm 29 so should make no difference?

Are you Irish and living in Ireland?
    Visa should be good up to 35
    I have no idea tbh mate haven't filled in the form, I just know where it is :)

Are you Irish and living in Ireland?

Yes and yes!

Okay, cheers for the help.

Sorry out of ideas then, but maybe someone who filled out the form will be along shortly :)

Sorry out of ideas then, but maybe someone who filled out the form will be along shortly :)

Hopefully, it's just pretty confusing!

Obviously I would like to query why I don't fulfil the requirement, but I can't find an email address to send general queries to either. The website just seems to be going round in circles.

Might just have to ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydiac

Fromvert wrote: »
    Just bumping this, will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I received my proof of payment and have heard nothing about my application being sent to the UK.

Anyone else have to wait this long?

I paid my money, and received proof of receipt and it has been 3 weeks and i still haven't heard that it has been sent to UK. i am so furious that i dont have a clue whats going on and there really doesnt seem to be many people to help you :mad:

GOT MY LOI 2DAY!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO HAPPY.

6 WKS AN 1 DAY IN TOTAL FROM START TO FINISH!!!

HAPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

Congrats Hurtzington, I got mine earlier too!!
    Just to let anyone know who’s went for a medical or has yet to go, it took just over four weeks for my LOI to be issued after doing the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

gambit83 wrote: »
    Congrats Hurtzington, I got mine earlier too!!
    Just to let anyone know who’s went for a medical or has yet to go, it took just over four weeks for my LOI to be issued after doing the medical

12 weeks in total i take it?? .. My medical results are being sent to london today, so i rekon middle of may then so .. i need to get it before the 27th anyways.. haha. Maby il get it 16th of may , what doyou think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 eire86

Got 1way flights to toronto on 10th of augest for 455 wit ebookers yesterday.Now for insurance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rushrovers

I got my LOI today. Started on the 28th Feb took 6 weeks from when i got my receipt of payment. Two of my friends who sent their application about a week or so after me got theirs before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Sweet as a nut got mine today

Applied to Paris on the 15th of March so not much more than 4 weeks for me.

happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

Got my 2nd phase underway and the stress is gettin too much
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BethQ

Hey! anyone planning on skiing whilst travelling in Canada? any advice for travel insurance? backpacker insurance is fine.. £300 for both of us. then as soon as winter sports gets added it shoots up to over £700! any good sites?xx ta :)

I'm looking into applying for this visa.

One of the elegibility criteria is that I lived in Ireland for the last 3 years. Within the last 3 years I live in Australia for 1 year.

How picky are they about this rule?

I could probably cover it up by claiming it was 'travel', but not sure how much they check into it? Obviously the dates are there in my passport for all to see, but we don't have to submit our passport so they might not know?!?

I'm a bit worried by this!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

11 weeks altogether
    it took three weeks once the medical results were sent
    ya i'm sure you have it by the 27th
    GGirl2010 wrote: »
    12 weeks in total i take it?? .. My medical results are being sent to london today, so i rekon middle of may then so .. i need to get it before the 27th anyways.. haha. Maby il get it 16th of may , what doyou think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

BethQ wrote: »
    Hey! anyone planning on skiing whilst travelling in Canada? any advice for travel insurance? backpacker insurance is fine.. £300 for both of us. then as soon as winter sports gets added it shoots up to over £700! any good sites?xx ta :)

I done Whistler for the season 2009-2010 and my insurance for the year was €400 in total including winter sports. I used Blue Insurance. But that was through Usit so that's probably why it was €400. Though I'm sure you can get the same if you look around. Give Blue Insurance a buzz and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Got my 2nd phase underway and the stress is gettin too much
    :eek:

There's no point stressing over it mate, if you get accepted, you get accepted. If not then tough luck, but you should just try forget about it and plug away here at home. That's what I done and seemed to work a treat. Don't even bother thinking about it. You'll get word eventually so you'll just have to wait either way. In the meantime just carry on with life :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

yeah im hopin that will work for me, im really lookin forward to gettin over there, ive been a few times not longer than 6 months and would love to move there eventually

Advertisement