Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

lydiac wrote: »
    I paid my money, and received proof of receipt and it has been 3 weeks and i still haven't heard that it has been sent to UK. i am so furious that i dont have a clue whats going on and there really doesnt seem to be many people to help you :mad:

I eventually got mine, it took two and a half weeks but it came. Don't worry too much about it, it should come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

hey

does anybody know of any decent hostels in toronto? im reading mixed reviews online about a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Some girl earlier in the thread recommended this: http://www.canadianalodging.com/

It's got a pretty high rating on hostelworld and seems to have something going on there every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

is anyone goin over to canada with any dependants??

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

gambit83 wrote: »
    11 weeks altogether
    it took three weeks once the medical results were sent
    ya i'm sure you have it by the 27th

Oh 3 weeks you said yeah .. OH ok, this is my second week this week, so 1 st week in may wil be 3rd week, if not 3rd week it wil be 4th week for second week in may then so... hmm thanks fo that gambit..

• Advertisement

OH the excitment!!! may and june wont be long comming you guys!!!!! :P

I have no idea what to pack , and where to start...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

Thinking of going over in December with my Gf. Probably going to hit Toronto. Both of us looking to work in the legal sector. Any advice???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

I had my medical last week still waitin on results. Due to fly out next thursday.. will I just go withhout Visa? How long will it take for Visa to process?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

I'm looking into applying for this visa.

One of the elegibility criteria is that I lived in Ireland for the last 3 years. Within the last 3 years I live in Australia for 1 year.

How picky are they about this rule?

I could probably cover it up by claiming it was 'travel', but not sure how much they check into it? Obviously the dates are there in my passport for all to see, but we don't have to submit our passport so they might not know?!?

I'm a bit worried by this!

Hey there,

Just be honest about it. If you were just on a working holiday it should be allgood! My boyfriend lived in Oz for almost two years on a working holiday (he's Irish), which he put on the application form, as well he applied for his Aussie police cert just in case Canadian officials asked for it... but they never asked did and he got his LOI a couple weeks ago! I think they would only really check into it if there was something a bit dodge on your garda cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 photobooth

Got my proof of payment email on the 23rd of march and have heard nothing since. Its 5 weeks tomorrow. I sent emails to every address i could find and have heard nothing back. Has anyone had any luck in getting a reply from anyone?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 lydiac

photobooth wrote: »
    Got my proof of payment email on the 23rd of march and have heard nothing since. Its 5 weeks tomorrow. I sent emails to every address i could find and have heard nothing back. Has anyone had any luck in getting a reply from anyone?:mad:

I am in the exact same boat.... mine was FOUR weeks friday.... ive sent mails and ive rang and i have had no luck what so ever. My friend who sent her application to france a week and a half ago already has hers in london. I was only going for the summer which means that if its not there already or sent in the next day or two i wont be able to go :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hello! I might be moving to Newfoundland this year! I've spoken to a few Canadians about it and they didn't have much to say, except its small and boring :-/

Anyone ever been?

Theo

Not sure about that type of work in toronto, i'd be workin in construction so im heading to alberta if i get accepted. Im bring my partner and 2 children so hoping they'l be accepted for the year with me.

Lill

you can go without ur LOI as a visitor and if you get the email when your there just take a trip to out of the country and back again to activate your work visa, least that way ul not lose out on the money youv'e already paid for flights

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Have you both waited the length that it says the application will take? They specifically state that they will not answer queries if your application time has not elapsed.

Four weeks does not sound too long. Lots of applications have taken 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

Hi Steve, just letting you know i have just applied for the iec 1year visa for me the hubbie & two kids. one a teenager the other a 2 year old.

langleybc wrote: »
    Hi Steve, just letting you know i have just applied for the iec 1year visa for me the hubbie & two kids. one a teenager the other a 2 year old.

Im sort of the same boat as you then, my partner will not be workin and will have a visitor status, and my eldest is 8 who will be in school over there and then the youngest is just 15 months. Im slightly confused as everything ive read states a visitor can only stay for 6 months max but when checking further i found this: Your partner will be considered a temporary resident (visitor, tourist) in Canada and will not be able to work there. The duration of his/her visitor status will be determined by the Immigration Officer at a Canadian port of entry. For more information on temporary residence status in Canada,
    does this mean she may stay longer....and also do i have to apply for a student status for my eldest....

all this is very confusing....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 langleybc

I know it is very confusing. My husband & I have both applied for our own visa as we both want to work when we get over so i am not too sure about visitor status. Maybe someone else can help you with that question. As for your 8 year old you will have to apply for a student visa & put that in with your iec application. The 18mth old is fine just put his details on the family form that you have to complete. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.PDF. I only posted off my application today so i will have to wait & see if what i have sent to France is ok. Hope this info helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jlav

I booked my flights for exactly 6weeks as this was the time they told me it would take to process. Turned up at Toronto today with no LOI, and they gave me the 1 year visa. It was on their system as fully accepted. It must go onto their system a day or two before they send us the LOI.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lydiac

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Have you both waited the length that it says the application will take? They specifically state that they will not answer queries if your application time has not elapsed.

Four weeks does not sound too long. Lots of applications have taken 8 weeks.

yeah mine will have been gone nine weeks this friday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

Your partner will be considered a temporary resident (visitor, tourist) in Canada and will not be able to work there. The duration of his/her visitor status will be determined by the Immigration Officer at a Canadian port of entry. For more information on temporary residence status in Canada,
    does this mean she may stay longer....and also do i have to apply for a student status for my eldest....

all this is very confusing....

Your partner will be considered a visitor and unable to work. Now, as for the timelines, visitor visas are usually given for periods of time between 3 and 6 months. However in certain lucky circumstances, they can be given for a period of 12months. My friend got hers for 12 months, so it is possible.

At your port of entry, say to your immigration official, you would prefer 12months instead of 6months (or whatever) visitor visa for your partner as she will be looking after the children (she's their mother/guardian while you are working), thus it would be nice if she could stay for as long as your visa is i.e. 12months.
    They may just give her 3 to 6 months, but before that time expires, she can apply to stay longer. They'll usually be pretty lenient and allow her to stay longer as you have a working visa and your children will be in school/playschool here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp

I hope this helped. Any queries, contact the Canadian Immigration offices in Canada, as you're more likely to get a human being on the other end of the phone - (at least sometimes anyway!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

lillieme wrote: »
    I had my medical last week still waitin on results. Due to fly out next thursday.. will I just go withhout Visa? How long will it take for Visa to process?

Hey lillieme, I did my medical on the 11th of April. Still no LOI and I'm flying out on Thurs the 5th!! A little bit freaked out now!! Who are you flying with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭luluslollypop

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    OH the excitment!!! may and june wont be long comming you guys!!!!! :P

I have no idea what to pack , and where to start...

Hey Ggirl! How do you know when your results were sent to London? did u call the doctor??? I haven't heard anything at all since the 11th of April the day I actually did my medical! and flying out Thurs week! Freaked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 photobooth

lydiac wrote: »
    I am in the exact same boat.... mine was FOUR weeks friday.... ive sent mails and ive rang and i have had no luck what so ever. My friend who sent her application to france a week and a half ago already has hers in london. I was only going for the summer which means that if its not there already or sent in the next day or two i wont be able to go :mad::mad::mad:

Got my LOI today in an email. Never got an email to say that my visa has been sent to the UK. I don't know whether it just came through or they saw one of my emails I sent to them. Exactly 6 weeks since I posted my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Eire09

got my LOI 6 weeks to the day!

Hey Ggirl! How do you know when your results were sent to London? did u call the doctor??? I haven't heard anything at all since the 11th of April the day I actually did my medical! and flying out Thurs week! Freaked!

Hi luluslollupop how are you doing??.. em oh ok so you did your medical testings the week of the 11th of may. I did that too.. i did everything that monday. Then they phoned me on the 20th of april, the secratary phoned me now not the doctor ok, and had told me that all the results were in and in the clear. So that was about 8 days later after i got the medical was done ok. Now i havnt heard anything up til now.They say it takes approx 3 weeks after when the results hit uk so say 3 days after the phone call, so that means wont hear anything up to the 13th or 16th of may , 4th week in uk wil be the week of the 16th of may. You probably wil have to wait maby one more week then if you going next thursday , and or week and a bit for it to be a full 3 weeks in uk. I hope it is 3 weeks wait and not 4 you know !!

What do you think you will do luluslollupop?

beano and dazzlerie... i wil not be applying for my drivers international cert :(:(:(:(:(... not good on my test today i failed with 2 extra marks just 2 LOLZ .. they really i think take the buscuit, i mean its fair enough needing to work on driving , yeilding , car control, traffic lights, progression, and breaking, after that they look for tiny minor errors, i think it has gotten very strict in the last 2 years, and it wil continue to rise year after year ( its not a professional test, an amature test LOL.) Also probably people pass on the severity of the instructors mood/ nicness haha.
    :mad::mad: .

If i had of done the test years ago i probably would have possibly passed.

Thanks Sarah and Lang that helps alot...ive been that confused i have paid for some migration expert service and this is what she said so now im confused about the student status...

Dear Stephen,

If your partner is also a UK national she does not require a visa to travel to Canada as a visitor.

Hence, she may accompany you as a visitor. Your child in addition may do the same if also is a citizen of the UK or an exempt travel visa country. Minor children attending elementary and secondary school do not require a study visa provided you have your work permit.

Hope the above helps to clarify your concern.

Kind regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭lillieme

Hey lillieme, I did my medical on the 11th of April. Still no LOI and I'm flying out on Thurs the 5th!! A little bit freaked out now!! Who are you flying with?

I sent u a Private Mail.

Jlav wrote: »
    I booked my flights for exactly 6weeks as this was the time they told me it would take to process. Turned up at Toronto today with no LOI, and they gave me the 1 year visa. It was on their system as fully accepted. It must go onto their system a day or two before they send us the LOI.
    Happy days.

[EMAIL="lol@that" ]lol @that[/EMAIL]...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

any word on your app ggirl?

You applied at the same time as me, feels like so long ago now :)

I've had my loi for 6 weeks now

Advertisement