Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

dont refresh or keep clicking the book now page. just click it once and wait like 10 minutes for it to load

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

have those who have got places put spaces between the numbers in the credit card number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stlongs

have those who have got places put spaces between the numbers in the credit card number

No, no spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 achbons

Just called my bank but they told me it'll take at least 24 hours for a credit card payment to show... sigh. At least it seems that there's hope for us all now that a few people are getting confirmations.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

no i didnt anyway, and mine has been confirmed, it took me about 9 attempts, just keep trying!

• Advertisement

on like my 15th attempt. still getting a general error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 wolrabp

Been trying since 10:00, stuck on payment page for ages now with the following error:

"General error occurred. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout."

EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING

I dunno how many times i have tried but its getting on my nerves and i have to start getting ready for work soon :(

when its confirmed it shows up as an error message so make sure you check it properly just incase

What is this error? I have had several different ones?

• Advertisement

amber23 wrote: »
    when its confirmed it shows up as an error message so make sure you check it properly just incase

read the writing in the orangey box!

You already appear to have a confirmed application - Reference : xxxxx
    You will receive an email within 3 business days to the email address(es) provided.
    This email will contain details of how to download your programme application forms and how to proceed from there.

Please refrain from contacting us before the 3 business days from your date of registration has passed, as your confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as possible.

Ok thanks haven't gotten that one yet!

really starting to piss me off now, getting the time our error message all the time

My boyfriend is on his 10th attempt and still no luck either... he's trying to use his Laser card to pay. Those of you for who it has worked so far, have you used Laser or credit card? Just wondering whether that makes a difference.. :confused:

I used a visa, can't say if it made a difference or not though.

I was trying visa, just tried laser and got a different error:

"General error occurred. Error creating booking file : System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException]: An error occurred in Header.NewBookingRef(). (Fault Detail is equal to Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException)."

Got that earlier with my Visa too so don't think it matters what payment form you use, in fact it all goes through the same payment application i'm sure so wouldn't matter anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

Is everyone else getting the below message after attempting payment?

Registration Form

Step 4 Error processing your registration

Please note : An error has occurred when processing your payment. The error message was
    General error occurred. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

An error may occur for several reasons :
    1. You may have entered your card number, expiry date and/or CVV number incorrectly.
    2. Your card may not have sufficient funds available to complete the transaction.
    3. Your card issuer may have placed a "referral" on your card account.
    4. A general error may have occurred while trying to save your details
    Please click the button below to go back and re-confirm your payment details before re-submitting your registration. If the error message re-occurs, please contact your CREDIT/DEBIT CARD ISSUER, not USIT. Our staff cannot assist in any way with issues related to your payment, and we are unable to take payments for the Work Canada registration either in branch or over the phone.

im on my 20th attempt now. really ticking me off here. using a mastercard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

jimmypitt wrote: »
    Is everyone else getting the below message after attempting payment?

Registration Form

Step 4 Error processing your registration

Please note : An error has occurred when processing your payment. The error message was
    General error occurred. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

An error may occur for several reasons :
    1. You may have entered your card number, expiry date and/or CVV number incorrectly.
    2. Your card may not have sufficient funds available to complete the transaction.
    3. Your card issuer may have placed a "referral" on your card account.
    4. A general error may have occurred while trying to save your details
    Please click the button below to go back and re-confirm your payment details before re-submitting your registration. If the error message re-occurs, please contact your CREDIT/DEBIT CARD ISSUER, not USIT. Our staff cannot assist in any way with issues related to your payment, and we are unable to take payments for the Work Canada registration either in branch or over the phone.

Yeah I've got that like 4 or 5 times now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

Just got that error message there now... you already appear to have a confirmed application - ref number.

I used visa, didnt work when i tried laser. NOt sure it has much to do with it.

Keep trying i say.

All the same ive emailed usit to confirm my application. Want it in writing that it was successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Took at least 20 attempts since 10am this morning, on a shít slow O2 connection but just got the good error message there now, will check with the bank tomorrow to confirm & keep updated.

Maybe usit will offer a discount for boardsies for the amount of phone calls & emails they were spared by people looking at the forum.:rolleyes:

Edit: Pending transaction on MBNA site.

@jimmypitt Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

celestial wrote: »
    Yeah I've got that like 4 or 5 times now...

Thank you and i mean that!!! Nice to know someone else is getting the same thing.

This process is indicative of the way my life is at the moment!!!

wolrabp wrote: »
    I was trying visa, just tried laser and got a different error:

"General error occurred. Error creating booking file : System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException]: An error occurred in Header.NewBookingRef(). (Fault Detail is equal to Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException)."

Got that earlier with my Visa too so don't think it matters what payment form you use, in fact it all goes through the same payment application i'm sure so wouldn't matter anyway...

Yeah, I used mastercard myself.. doubt that it does make a difference but I thought I'd check anyway!

By the way, I've tried to use the 'Track your application' link to confirm my reference code but that site just isn't loading at all.

Just got that error message there now... you already appear to have a confirmed application - ref number.

I used visa, didnt work when i tried laser. NOt sure it has much to do with it.

Keep trying i say.

All the same ive emailed usit to confirm my application. Want it in writing that it was successful.

Good idea... just did the same.

i just checked my credit card and paqyment has done through so im sure its all good :) good luck to everyone!

achbons wrote: »
    By the way, I've tried to use the 'Track your application' link to confirm my reference code but that site just isn't loading at all.

I got onto the main site and went to the track application button, put in my details and have been waiting for it to load for about half an hour now...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

still getting this - General error occurred. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

this is torture -

Sitting from 10:10 at step 3 gggrrrrrrrrr if i miss out i will crack up

• Advertisement

Ok just got the "error confirmation" woo hoo! I had tried the payment part atleast 15 times, dont give up guys!

Advertisement