Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

ive been at it for just 2 weeks now. Im getting very little interest but ive been looking for engineering work only. you just got to keep goin i suppose and hope eventually something gets through.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jeff33

I'm in the same boat too Bulge. I have been here two weeks & I have lashed out the Resumes & only got 2 replies so far. One was for an Interview which I attended but it seems there could be a second or even third round to whittle the numbers down. Have you had issues regarding Certs for any jobs from Labouring to Bar Work? Trying to get info on all the different Certs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gamsheen

Mine is gone in there a week now or so.. Dropped into the Garda Barracks at the weekend Guard told me he has not a clue what they are to call between Monday and Friday 9am - 5pm. Rang this morning got put through to 3 different people none of them could give me an honest answer in the end I was put on hold again so just hung up sick waiting for a simple answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jessible

Finally got my Loi after 22 weeks!! Not sure if I even want to go after all the that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

toronto tommorow bit nervous now:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

no i havnt looked at obtaining any certs as of yet. Im a manufacturing engineer so im trying to find any kind of engineering role first. I may wait a few weeks to look into laboring etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

beano345 wrote: »
    toronto tommorow bit nervous now:pac:

So how's it going so far?

jimmybeige wrote: »
    So how's it going so far?

mental:D anyone thats stuck looking for construction work or a place to stay id hit mcveighs on richmond street east full of irish willing to sort you out. be warned its mad warm over here at the moment still tryna settle in its a massive city.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭deisedelight

I am really struggling to get information on this query.
    Currently on USIT visa and wanna apply for IEC 2nd yr visa. I have a job lined up dependent on getting this. My problem is I was working in UK for 2 of the 3 years habitually residency requirement.

Does anyone at all have experience of this ? Any feedback at all would be hugely appreciated. As I say I urgently need to get this sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ahally

having the visa usually makes it a lot smoother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ahally

hate giving usit a penny

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

well beano what type of work are you gettin at the min?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

beano345 wrote: »
    mental:D anyone thats stuck looking for construction work or a place to stay id hit mcveighs on richmond street east full of irish willing to sort you out. be warned its mad warm over here at the moment still tryna settle in its a massive city.

heh...i was in there on saturday watching the gaa...good place to start for anyone coming over on their own and looking to connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

I think you must be the first person (besides me) that chose Montreal

How did you get on with the job search in Montreal?
    I love this city but can't find any decent work that pays more than 10 dollars an hour. On the brink of returning home I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just got my Conditional Acceptance‏ by email.
    Now i have 10 days to wire the 105 Eur fee, i think some people on here said they had problems with this and that the Irish bank would not let them wire transfer to France and made the receiver pay the fees or something like that.
    anyone know anything about this?

Is that near the university some where?
    I think that was the place the barman took my pint and i got kicked out:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

its not too far from ryerson i believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

just down the street from ryerson. Im thinking of doing Boards IEC Drinks in there next month some time

Just got my Conditional Acceptance‏ by email.
    Now i have 10 days to wire the 105 Eur fee, i think some people on here said they had problems with this and that the Irish bank would not let them wire transfer to France and made the receiver pay the fees or something like that.
    anyone know anything about this?

I did mine with nib and put down the receiver pays receiver charges it all went fine the trough fine with the embassy.

jjbrien wrote: »
    I did mine with nib and put down the receiver pays receiver charges it all went fine the trough fine with the embassy.

But it says make sure that they wont have to pay any charges on the email they sent me:confused:

• Advertisement

But it says make sure that they wont have to pay any charges on the email they sent me:confused:

as far as i know if you send euros within the eurozone the receiver doesn't incurr any fees. I used National Irish Bank and all went nice and smooth. Best call your bank and ask just to be sure.

well beano what type of work are you gettin at the min?

construction, place is booming loadsa irish doing it,toronto expensive so need the funds theres good money in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 metoyou09

Hiii,

myself and my boyfriend are hoping to move to Canada in April.
    Still havent a clue how to book visas, flights, accomodation and the likes, but we're doing it anyway!

Was looking at a place just outside of Vancouver, Port Moody.
    Anybody know of it? and know what its like for place to live and jobs and that??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rialbox

metoyou09 wrote: »
    Hiii,

myself and my boyfriend are hoping to move to Canada in April.
    Still havent a clue how to book visas, flights, accomodation and the likes, but we're doing it anyway!

Was looking at a place just outside of Vancouver, Port Moody.
    Anybody know of it? and know what its like for place to live and jobs and that??

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Hey metoyou09,
    I'm heading with my girlfriend in september so I can't really tell you anything about the place yet. The best advice I can give you or anyone looking for a visa is to do it yourself ( apply online on this site : http://www.international.gc.ca/canada-europa/france/jeunesse-youth/programme_mobilite-mobility_program-en.asp ) and not go through any visa agency. We done that only to realize its a complete waste of money (£350 sterling with the company we chose, €350 with others etc.) as they don't really do anything for you (they set up a hotmail account, in your name, and correspond with the canadian embassy in france through this hotmail account, thus pretending to be you, and simply relaying any e-mails from the embassy onto you - cut out the €400 middle-man!).
    As you can tell we found this out to late, but we're happy to help anyone else save a bit.
    The visa program has also been cut in half, allowing only 10,000 applications through so you'll have to get yours in as soon as they re-open the application process (2011 is closed - opening 2012 sometime "in the fall". If you go to the site above you can get them to send them an e-mail as soon they're opened for applications again). As far as I'm aware the actual application form has been renewed/changed slightly so I can't give you anything there.
    Hope this helps and good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 doherta5

That's the site for French applicants. Irish people can still apply and there are less than 1000 visas left. Details here:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 40 doherta5

Sending in the visa application in the next couple of days... can anyone tell me what a Canadian CV looks like? Is it similar format to here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Go ahead and apply, you still can, but do it fast as there's not many left. Feck all now.

Port Moody is a distance outside of Vancouver. Not sure about the area as I've never been there but just know where it is. I'd get something a little closer if possible because you will most likely be getting a job closer to Vancouver. Good luck either way though.

Canadian CV - you can get templates on the internet easy enough. Just remember they're very eco friendly and like you to use the front and back as opposed to "wasting 2 pages".

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before so I'm sorry. But how much do you need to have in your account for a working visa in Canada?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

3000 dollars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭parabol

Sound. Thanks JohnMearsheimer.

Advertisement