Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭c_dog

I was in the low to mid 600's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

celestial wrote: »
    Don't go back to start just back to step 3 (where you enter payment details).

So you kept going from 3 to 4 about a hundred times and it eventually got though is it????

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jimmypitt wrote: »
    When it eventually did come through did the page load up a bit quicker???

Yea for me it did

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭peteym

When it eventually did come through did the page load up a bit quicker???

just a tad maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

So you kept going from 3 to 4 about a hundred times and it eventually got though is it????

Yes, click to go back to step 3, on my browser everything was prefilled, except credit card number, but it filled on double-click or entering the first number. FireFox. Then just continue. Step 3 -> Step 4 -> Step 3 etc. until you get it. Good Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

It worked for me first time, I'm in the 200's but my boyfriend had the same problems, kept getting error messages etc. he just got it confirmed now but had to ring up usit too, he's in the late 500's. Usit should've been prepared for the bombardment, or else be taking bookings over the phone / in branch. Anyway, congrats to everyone who registered! Canada here we come!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

guys, would love some help...

General error occurred. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout
    this came up in the orange box after i put in the credit card details...WTF does this mean will i reenter everything or what? thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

juno, when u say 200s does this mean 200 left?

General error occurred. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout
    this came up in the orange box after i put in the credit card details...WTF does this mean will i reenter everything or what? thx

Just click on the button at the bottom to go back and try again, its timing out as lots of people are on the system.

Took me 2 hours and about 30 tries to get it

Yes, click to go back to step 3, on my browser everything was prefilled, except credit card number, but it filled on double-click or entering the first number. FireFox. Then just continue. Step 3 -> Step 4 -> Step 3 etc. until you get it. Good Luck!

cheers...i keep doing that but no luck...christ i must be on my 20th go at this stage...just going back from 4 to 3 takes a few mins..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

The system is busy - just go back a step and re submit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stlongs

just go back to step 3 and try again, and again, and again. until it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

I got a place - 3rd time lucky. Mid 600s

Keep trying guys

dave98 wrote: »
    I got a place - 3rd time lucky. Mid 600s

Keep trying guys

god your lucky only 3 times.

People most either have given up or gotten the confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

So...with hopefully everyone who applied today getting a visa/confirmation, I thought it'd be good to kick off a thread on the when the what the where....

-Where do you plan to head to in Canada?

-When are ya going?

-What ya plan to do there?

I can start...

-I'm thinking Vancouver or Toronto but would like to check out other smaller places...

-Probably late summer

-Probably look to get a job then travel..

Going to be heading alone cos solo travel is the way forward!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

the website is loading far faster but still no joy for me. im in the 30s now. im about to punch the screen at this stage. was supposed to be gone about an hour ago. how many places is there? 1000?

inode wrote: »
    the website is loading far faster but still no joy for me. im in the 30s now. im about to punch the screen at this stage. was supposed to be gone about an hour ago. how many places is there? 1000?

I am in the 30s aswell...Beginning to get worried now about places left...Being on it since ten this morning trying to get payment through and no joy....I wonder would a quicker internet connection help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stlongs

2000 I think, can't be positive though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

haza!!!
    Step 4 - Successful registration

Thank you.
    Your registration has been received and your card has been charged.
    Your booking reference is : XXXXX

Please note this reference carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 achbons

inode wrote: »

Hey inode, sorry to see you're still trying! This link says that last year USIT had 2000 places. I would say that includes both the U35 and the student programme. So maybe 1000 on each? Not sure how many there are this year though.

EDIT: Cool, you got it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

The track your booking page worked for me also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ness23-37

There are 2000 places...still plenty left if people are in the 600s... The demand has probably gone down now so the website does appear to be working faster!

juno, when u say 200s does this mean 200 left?

No, I meant my registration number was in the 200s and my boyfriend's was in the 500s, he just got confrimed about 20 mins ago so stilll spaces left for all those people having probs just keeping going back to step 3 and it will eventually go through for ye, best of luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hans_moleman

this is soul destroying. i still havent got it and my missus got it straight away. 2hrs 45 spent on this already....

Does the below message mean i have it or what the fu$K??

Registration Form

Step 4 Error processing your registration

Please note : An error has occurred when processing your payment. The error message was
    You already appear to have a confirmed application - Reference : FF738
    You will receive an email within 3 business days to the email address(es) provided.
    This email will contain details of how to download your programme application forms and how to proceed from there.

Please refrain from contacting us before the 3 business days from your date of registration has passed, as your confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as possible.

Registration Form

Please note : An error has occurred when processing your payment. The error message was
    You will receive an email within 3 business days to the email address(es) provided.
    This email will contain details of how to download your programme application forms and how to proceed from there.

Please refrain from contacting us before the 3 business days from your date of registration has passed, as your confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as possible.

YES! That means you've got it :):)

Registration Form

Yep Jimmy it seems you've got it now, congrats!

juno2009 wrote: »
    Yep Jimmy it seems you've got it now, congrats!

How do you for definite????!! Oh im so rattled. Oh i need a valium and a cigarette.

Guys, the Track Application link is working now too!

• Advertisement

Yay, my boyfriend got it now too! Not even an error message anymore, but an actual 'successful registration' message! His number is in the mid 700s so still lots of hope for everyone who is still trying. Good luck all and don't give up!!

Advertisement