Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

jimmypitt wrote: »
    How do you for definite????!! Oh im so rattled. Oh i need a valium and a cigarette.

I hear ya, I've a stress headache after it all!! Go to the "Track Application" link on the site and you'll know for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

How do you for definite????!! Oh im so rattled. Oh i need a valium and a cigarette.

Open the track link on top right of page in new tab / window. It might take a while to load. But you have it. Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stlongs

@jimmypitt That is what I got earlier and it has gone through alright, I checked it on the application tracking thing on USITs page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

General error occurred. Error creating booking file : System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException]: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'booking_header' with unique index 'IX_booking_header'. The statement has been terminated. (Fault Detail is equal to Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException).
    now this is coming up in the orange box?? anyone tell me what this means??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I got that message and emailed usit and got a message from then saying yes its means its confirmed.

I just tried the track my application and it works for me forms there to print out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ness23-37

Hey!

Just got my visa place confirmed too..excited! Im planning on heading to Vancouver, have a friend from a previous travelling adventure from there. From what I hear, although night life isn't as good as toronto, it's got so much to do, especially if you're into active outdoorsy stuff. Plus you're right by the beach! Also i'll be there through the winter...and the mountains are so close for snowboarding!

Im heading in the early summer, probably late May to early June, or as soon as poss. Wanna get some nice weather in!

Hopefully work through the winter into early 2011 and then go travelling (if I have any money!!) at the end.

Would defo be interested in hooking up with other people heading to Vancouver, maybe even to look for somewhere to live cause I'm going alone too :)

General error occurred. Error creating booking file : System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException]: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'booking_header' with unique index 'IX_booking_header'. The statement has been terminated. (Fault Detail is equal to Usit.Booking.BusinessLogic.ErrorException).
    now this is coming up in the orange box?? anyone tell me what this means??

I really have no idea, sorry. I guess you just keep trying...

no need to answer that last Q im in!!! thanks city and everyone, i was lost looking at that screen till u guys explained the screen. the beat use i have made of boards since i joined. see ya all on the slopes:)

Is there anyone here still not in?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hans_moleman

still not in. is anyone else not in :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

thinking of Montreal as i know people there.

Go in July after the World Cup and then head west when i have made some more money

looks like you are the only one left... fingers crossed for you.

finally thank god. 3hrs 5mins later.......

i need to lie down after that.

late 700's

Good, glad we all got it. See you all in Canada!!

:cool:

well done everyone tough slog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elliegab

good, so it seems everyone on here is in.

now that's done, when/where's everybody heading to?

Toronto myself, end of march or beginning of april, on my tod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Swindon

hi guys im thinking of applying for a visa next year,anyone know how many they issue,roughly?

i'm heading to toronto at the end of march or start of april, travelling on my own, looking to find a job and settle there and do some travelling at the end of the year if i've managed to save some money

good question, I'm going to fly into Toronto at much the same time. I have to go to Montreal and Vancouver, have cousins over there!

• Advertisement

stlongs wrote: »
    good question, I'm going to fly into Toronto at much the same time. I have to go to Montreal and Vancouver, have cousins over there!

so are you going to split your time between the 3 places or just land in toronto and head off straight away?

Probably split my time, I'm not sure how long in each place though... have to look at transport costs and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hooty

Hi all,

Got accepted today for the visa - such a weight off my mind - have been wanting to go to Canada for what seems like forever....

The plan is to head to Vancouver - going with a mate who also got accepted today. Heading over for early June - hopefully to the best summer Vancouver has ever seen!!!

Hoping to get a job in the financial services sector but will take what I can get if it comes to it, and of course I want to see as much of Canada as I can while I'm there and hopefully meet lots of new and interesting people.:D

Now the fun (and expensive) part begins - sorting out flights and insurance...eeekk.. a nice lotto win would be so helpful right about now!!

you're going to stay in Toronto all year then? on your tod?

stlongs wrote: »
    you're going to stay in Toronto all year then? on your tod?

i'm not really sure, depends on what the job situation is like. i'm not going to have a massive amount of savings going over so will have to earn a bit before i can move along, if that's what i decide i'd like to do. hoping to travel towards the end of the year at least. but mostly i'll just play it by ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

Vancouver without a doubt!! Wouldn't dream of going to the East Coast - don't want to go somewhere with worse weather than here!

hi guys can i ask how much ye paid for the visas,would be helpful for next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

they were €399 this year, the 09 visas were €489

fair price drop...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

canada.usit.ie should give you lots of the info you are looking for.

im heading to Vancouver myself. hopefully the job hunt wont be too bad ;)

Advertisement