Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

we should bully karlcox2 into it!

what you reckon karl, you up for setting up a page? i'd do it but i would probably manage to f*ck it up! i'll give it a try if you like though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

Excellent, i would like to second Karl as the person who should set up this page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rivermetimbers

try irish invasion of canada... on facebook. lets get all boardsies on here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

just a quick query, have you all got your poice certs before applying.

i spent a year in new zealand on the whv. has anyone any experince of getting a police cert from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stlongs

jimmypitt wrote: »
    Excellent, i would like to second Karl as the person who should set up this page.

I 3rd Karl! also "irish invasion of canada" is a good name to my mind.

• Advertisement

ok guys, i decided to set up a facebook page

its irish invasion of canada 2010, its fairly blank at the minute but hopefully we'll be able to jazz it up a bit with photos etc...

i hope thats ok with everyone...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

I know 35 is the limit, but Im 32 now and feel a bit too old to do this eventhough Id love to. Anyone else here in their 30's?

Go on outta that mate, too old for what?!!

heading over injune or so, depends how deep my GAA team go in the championship, when its over im off!! will be goin to work for the first few months sprinkled with sightseeing in Vancouver then toronto to some friends, going on my own so this thread will be useful to meet up hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 37 karlcox2

stlongs wrote: »
    I 3rd Karl! also "irish invasion of canada" is a good name to my mind.

stlongs,

fair play for setting up the page, just bacame a fan.

theres 2 of same page with different fans is there any way of deleting one.

is everyone going to canada and back to eire, was thinking of doing world trip after.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭shipwreck

Im heading in to Toronto in early June, relieved to get my visa yesterday...stress was unreal! Very excited, saving like mad, going solo too!!

• Advertisement

hey, i know sorry, i tried to delete one but its not working! im not the most IT literate...it made me set up a seperate page as a promotor or something! i'll try again

i went into USIT last year to ask about a world trip as i wanted to go to Asia and well, loads of places, but the guy in there did an estimate, you'd be talking about 3grand for the ticket for the amount of millage needed plus the fact you have to book return flights, he also said that because the visa is on ly a year long you wouldnt have all that much time to get around as Canada is pretty big! he reckoned it would be cheaper to go to Canada for a year and book a second world trip seperately, that way it's cheaper and longer! in saying thaqt, i wanted to cover a lot of ground, so it might not be so expensive for anyone else.

i plan to drive through parts of America while im in Canada and maybe another trip when i get home, stay travelling for as long as possible ;)

karlcox2 wrote: »
    stlongs,

is everyone going to canada and back to eire, was thinking of doing world trip after.

Sh*y sorry stupid netbook is too small and read wrong post, thanks amber23 for setting it up.

i would have screwed it glad the bullying didnt motivate me into setting up (didnt know how to)

stlongs,

Amber 23 set up the page I think!

amber23 wrote: »
    hey, i know sorry, i tried to delete one but its not working! im not the most IT literate...it made me set up a seperate page as a promotor or something! i'll try again

i went into USIT last year to ask about a world trip as i wanted to go to Asia and well, loads of places, but the guy in there did an estimate, you'd be talking about 3grand for the ticket for the amount of millage needed plus the fact you have to book return flights, he also said that because the visa is on ly a year long you wouldnt have all that much time to get around as Canada is pretty big! he reckoned it would be cheaper to go to Canada for a year and book a second world trip seperately, that way it's cheaper and longer! in saying thaqt, i wanted to cover a lot of ground, so it might not be so expensive for anyone else.

i plan to drive through parts of America while im in Canada and maybe another trip when i get home, stay travelling for as long as possible ;)

Aww man i looked world travel tickets on usit and seemed reasonable usit really taking the p*ss with overcharging.

they charge by the mileage?

hope its easy to get in/ out of US while there would love travel around pity i finished college 3 years ago and cant go on and do a year in america.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    just a quick query, have you all got your poice certs before applying.

i spent a year in new zealand on the whv. has anyone any experince of getting a police cert from there?
    i lived in OZ for 3 yrs, e mailed the police in queensland, there is protocall for this but i know the ozzies offer 2 dfferent types of clearance, one with fingerprints and one without. 50 bucks without 150 with. take a month

Sh*y sorry stupid netbook is too small and read wrong post, thanks amber23 for setting it up.

i would have screwed it glad the bullying didnt motivate me into setting up (didnt know how to)

sorry, didn't read all the posts before sending the last!!

Seriously Everyone join the facebook page - "irish invasion of canada 2010" It is awesome so far and will be Awesomer as it goes along!!! By the way, I'm celebrating getting the Visa Ate the mo! You all know what that means!!

sorry, didn't read all the posts before sending the last!!

Seriously Everyone join the facebook page - "irish invasion of canada 2010" It is awesome so far and will be Awesomer as it goes along!!! By the way, I'm celebrating getting the Visa Ate the mo! You all know what that means!!

have a beer for me, roll on vancouver

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

i lived in OZ for 3 yrs, e mailed the police in queensland, there is protocall for this but i know the ozzies offer 2 dfferent types of clearance, one with fingerprints and one without. 50 bucks without 150 with. take a month

When I was applying for permanent residency I had to supply the criminal history check for Australia also, I contacted the Australian Federal Police sent them my details without fingerprints and they sent me what I needed and it cost me nothing, this was about 3-4 years ago, maybe they have changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

We live a few hours south of Vancouver in Seattle. Vancouver is one of the friendliest, nicest cities I've ever been in. I think you'll all enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Nice on the FB page. Out of interest guys do you all currently have jobs or are you mainly going abroad looking for work or just to travel etc??

Me, I have a job but wanna travel and see the world and have always loved North America (will be first time in Canada though!)

• Advertisement

celestial wrote: »
    Nice on the FB page. Out of interest guys do you all currently have jobs or are you mainly going abroad looking for work or just to travel etc??

Me, I have a job but wanna travel and see the world and have always loved North America (will be first time in Canada though!)

I am going without a job and with fingures crossed!! But I have Cousins over there, hopefully they have jobs set up for me when I get over!! Probably not though!! Will we rely on Irish Charm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jasonf

hi guys, cant find the facebook page, would anyone have the link to it? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hiya,

When I lived in Canada in 2008 I filled out all my tax stuff on quicktax.intuit.ca, I got about $500 back, my boyfriend got $700+, great way to end the year! I found it really easy to do all that on that website, it helps you out with the different options for non permanent residents, rent, etc.

Hope this helps some bit.

jasonf wrote: »
    hi guys, cant find the facebook page, would anyone have the link to it? thanks

Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jasonf

lovely thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 achbons

celestial wrote: »

Not sure whether you mean if I have a job at the moment (I do!) or whether I have a job set up for Canada (I don't... yet). I've been working straight since finishing college, and I really like the job that I have at the moment... but I've wanted to travel - or at least spend an entire year abroad - for so long it and it just seems like a good time for me to travel right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭myleftfoot

Can't find group and this link redirects back to my facebook home page for some reason

myleftfoot wrote: »
    Can't find group and this link redirects back to my facebook home page for some reason

Really? try searching for "Irish Invasion of Canada 2010" That should work, you should see some of us there! Say Hi when you get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭myleftfoot

Really? try searching for "Irish Invasion of Canada 2010" That should work, you should see some of us there! Say Hi when you get there!

nothing coming up

• Advertisement

myleftfoot wrote: »
    nothing coming up

Hmm, Bulmers is fantastic! Try -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Invasion-of-Canada-2010/230232657214?v=wall

It might work!

Advertisement