Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 didikeys

Did anyone who emailed the Canadian High Commission about directly applying for visas recieve any reply? I'll be going for the Student Visa next week but I'd rather not have to pay USIT an extra 300euro for seems to amount to an information pack/orientation day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stlongs

didikeys wrote: »
    Did anyone who emailed the Canadian High Commission about directly applying for visas recieve any reply? I'll be going for the Student Visa next week but I'd rather not have to pay USIT an extra 300euro for seems to amount to an information pack/orientation day?

I didn't actually email them, But I believe if you want to get a visa not through USIT you need to have a Employer in canada already! That is the main difference as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭myleftfoot

didikeys wrote: »

yeah, you've to go through USIT

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Joined the facebook page there... Havent got an email to confirm whether i've been approved for the visa or not. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

While i have not got the email to confirm, i can see USIT have charged me 399 on my credit card. I was also one of the people that got a error message reference number...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Taz79

I've just spent the last 2 days trying to figure out where I apply for my WHV for canada then discovered it was thru USIT. Found this thread last nite and its been great help....To be honest I would rather spend the 700 euro extra that USIT are charging for visa/flights/insurance 'IN' canada...very frustrating...has anyone had any luck with private visa bureaus??

I've just got the Email!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hans_moleman

me too :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ness23-37

stlongs wrote: »
    I've just got the Email!

So did I..only they say in the mail:

"Please pay careful attention to the text below the ‘Download Application Form’ link as it contains very important information regarding the filing of your application."

also they mention invaluabl information on sample police certificates and accomodation etc...

Am I the only one who has none of these links/information???

ness23-37 wrote: »
    So did I..only they say in the mail:

"Please pay careful attention to the text below the ‘Download Application Form’ link as it contains very important information regarding the filing of your application."

also they mention invaluabl information on sample police certificates and accomodation etc...

Am I the only one who has none of these links/information???

No, I got none of that either.... there is just a view/print button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

just got it too - and it doesnt seem to mention a date that you have to respond before...

This give people time to get their Police Cert sorted -

Roonbox wrote: »
    just got it too - and it doesnt seem to mention a date that you have to respond before...

This give people time to get their Police Cert sorted -

40 days i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

is that 40 days from when you respond to the email though??

Roonbox wrote: »
    is that 40 days from when you respond to the email though??

It says within 40 days of your online registration..so I guess that's 40 days from Tuesday morning if that's when you booked!

My police cert came within 2 weeks, hopefully no one will be caught out with the deadline!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 karlcox2

we just got ours better get down to the garda station and sorted out clearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jasonf

Just got my email from them to, does anyone else get this "An error occurred. Please contact canada@usit.ie" when they press print/view part??

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

just got my email too, is it just a Garda vetting form that they need? my boyfriend was asked for his original birth cert by his local station

I cant make the initial step to apply for my visa until I get my police cert back from aus. I am getting my fingerprints done next wednesday so wont able to send off until next week. Has anyone done this before and can give me an idea of how long it took to get the cert back? also, the guard asked me if I need to have get my prints done on a particular form. I have filled out the NCP form but it just says to send the prints attached.

I just got that done today..they just fill out a form in front of you and you have give details of all your addresses present and past, you will need to give them a S.A.E too as they send off this form and then you will be given the cert back..posted to you. hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

Woop! Just got the email too!
    What's the story with getting a police cert? It says on the garda website to apply to the Superintendent of the District but yesterday I rang up my local garda station and was told to send info to Garda Vetting Unit in Thurles...? I don't think they know themselves what way it works, just don't want to get caught out on the timeframe.

• Advertisement

oh..and i had to show my passport..but no birth cert..think it may be a case of who you get..different standards/protocol etc.

Taz79 wrote: »
    I cant make the initial step to apply for my visa until I get my police cert back from aus. I am getting my fingerprints done next wednesday so wont able to send off until next week. Has anyone done this before and can give me an idea of how long it took to get the cert back? also, the guard asked me if I need to have get my prints done on a particular form. I have filled out the NCP form but it just says to send the prints attached.
    how ya Taz,
    ok you dont need fingerprints at all. all you need is the clearance from aus. its 43 dollers, sent mine of before xmass and i rang the branch up in canberra and they said its on the way back to me now. fella in usit told me you need finger prints (dope), this is not the case its only if someone from canada (work or something) as for them.

juno2009 wrote: »
    Woop! Just got the email too!
    What's the story with getting a police cert? It says on the garda website to apply to the Superintendent of the District but yesterday I rang up my local garda station and was told to send info to Garda Vetting Unit in Thurles...? I don't think they know themselves what way it works, just don't want to get caught out on the timeframe.
    the prob here is the cops them selfs dont have a clue, tell them to get on the computer in there office and print your form , than he sends it to your super and job done

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

I just got that done today..they just fill out a form in front of you and you have give details of all your addresses present and past, you will need to give them a S.A.E too as they send off this form and then you will be given the cert back..posted to you. hope this helps

thanks taz79! thats a big help, will try get this sorted this week

its defo not in Thurles anyway,in the FAQ it says this:

My local Garda station says they don't know what this is and/or that I must contact the Central Vetting Unit in Thurles. What should I do?In this case we recommend that you kindly point out to the Gardai that their own FAQ section at www.garda.ie under the question 'How do I obtain a Police Certificate?' specifically states that applicants for this must obtain it from their local Garda station. If you would like you can request a sample Police Certificate by emailing canada@usit.ie

thats brilliant!!
    thanx a mill for letting me know...that will save me so much money now as the GS charge for prints now...I feel like a lamb to the slaughter in this process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

jasonf wrote: »
    the prob here is the cops them selfs dont have a clue, tell them to get on the computer in there office and print your form , than he sends it to your super and job done

Cool thanks for that, probably is easiest to just head in there and get it sorted.

the garda in rathmines said they send the form off to the superintendants office....they seemed to know wat it was about so there has to be some info for the garda that may not have done it before

• Registered Users Posts: 32 achbons

oh..and i had to show my passport..but no birth cert..think it may be a case of who you get..different standards/protocol etc.

I think you're right.. although both myself and my boyfriend had to show a passport and birth cert. And that was in two different garda districts (Kildare and Blanchardstown). Kildare got the cert back to us in two weeks, but Blanchardstown took six weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

hey myself and a couple of friends heading to Vancouver. Heading over hopefully in April!Then my boyfriend coming over in August. looking to meet up with other travellers and find accomadation!im real excited. Have heard great things bout Vancouver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 eamonnomurchu

Hello,

Booked my Visa for Canada and got my reply email today. Happy days!

Sent off my Garda Clearance Form there yesterday - called into Rathmines Garda station. Got the form, filled it in, the asked to see my passport. You leave a stamped address envelope for it to be returned to you, to accompany your application.

Was talking to someone in the Usit office regarding flights and insurance. They are charging between €650-800 for east coast and €800 for west coast. Seems very expensive - compared to the cost of booking yourself.

Insurance was mad as well €460 -550.

(Prices above are from memory as have the price written down in work).

Is there any reasons why you wouldn't book all this yourself??

Also what is the story with the Canadian High Commission fee?

Cheers,
    Eddie

Advertisement