Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 lonny

was in oz for a year, do i need to get finger print checks for their police check??? it says you do on the usit info but im hoping theres an outside chance i dont...very annoying, anyone else in my shoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Taz79

lonny wrote: »
    was in oz for a year, do i need to get finger print checks for their police check??? it says you do on the usit info but im hoping theres an outside chance i dont...very annoying, anyone else in my shoes

I was in the middle of getting fingerprints organised when I was told on this thread that I didnt need to. I also checked the requirements for british citizens applying for the same visa and it didnt say anything about it so I dont see why you would need them just cause you are Irish. I have just organised my payment for the Police Check and Ive only covered the 43 dollar fee....hope its right!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 achbons

For those who have filled in the forms.

In the additional info part were it asks about Mother and Father did you fill that in or leave it blank?

Yeah, I filled that in, it sounded (from the guidelines sheet) like it was compulsory. Although can't really imagine why they need to know about our parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Le Chef

thinkin of doin the same, can anyone tell me how much the whole process costs incl registration costs, insurance, flights etc

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

achbons wrote: »
    Yeah, I filled that in, it sounded (from the guidelines sheet) like it was compulsory. Although can't really imagine why they need to know about our parents!

Yea emailed them and asked.

They said to fill it in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

jasonf wrote: »
    just want to see is my police form the same as everyone elses, want to make sure i have the right clearance.

Hi Jason, I see that your cert is from Waterford, which is where I am.... how did you go about getting this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 jasonf

juno2009 wrote: »
    Hi Jason, I see that your cert is from Waterford, which is where I am.... how did you go about getting this?

hey there
    just went to my local office in ferrybank and they printed it of and they sent it to waterford to get signed by the super and had it back with in a week,

TO EVERYONE WHO IS APPLYING FOR YOUR OZ POLICE CLEARANCE YOU DO NEED THE FINGER PRINT CHEQUE, I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID IN PREVIOUS POST. (AND I AM SORRY)I WAS TOLD I DIDNT NEED ONE AND SENT OF MY 43DOLLERS ONLY TO FIND OUT I NOW HAVE TO DO THE FORMS AGAIN AND SENT ANOTHER 105DOLLERS AWAY. I EMAILED USIT TO ASK AND THIS IS THE EMAIL I GOT BACK!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your email. No, there is no way around this. As per the instructions on the website, you MUST obtain a name and fingerprint check. It instructs you which box to check and where to get your fingerprints taken. You will have to apply for the Name and Fingerprint Check.

Please do not heistate to email us if you have any further queries.

Best of luck!

Work Canada Team
    USIT Programmes Department
    19/21 Aston Quay
    O'Connell Bridge
    Dublin 2
    Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lisab22

Hi does any1 no where u download the medical forms for the under 35 prog to send off with your application form??

lisab22 wrote: »
    Hi does any1 no where u download the medical forms for the under 35 prog to send off with your application form??
    got this info from usits website

Can I complete my medical at anytime?No, you must wait until after you have received the medical forms from USIT. You will receive these 4 to 6 weeks after your documents have been submitted to the Canadian High Commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 karlcox2

got this info from usits website

Can I complete my medical at anytime?No, you must wait until after you have received the medical forms from USIT. You will receive these 4 to 6 weeks after your documents have been submitted to the Canadian High Commission.

does anyone know whats involved in medical, i hate needles so im hoping its just general medical rather than full with blood tests etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Does everyone need to do a medical? The app form just asks if you have any med condition that may affect your work, or be required for your job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blondee06

I am applying for my visa tomorrow morning as I have graduated less than twelve months from college.

I will be travelling on my own in April.
    Are there many of you going on your own? I need travel buddies! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Canada

Hey all,

I am heading to Vancouver on my own late April (22nd) I hope to get a place in Kits beach if possible and a proffessional job if at all possible.
    Would so love to have a travel mate as I am deadly nervous going alone! 28 year old girl by the way, let me know if anyone is interested in becoming travel buddies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

Canada wrote: »
    Hey all,

I am heading to Vancouver on my own late April (22nd) I hope to get a place in Kits beach if possible and a proffessional job if at all possible.
    Would so love to have a travel mate as I am deadly nervous going alone! 28 year old girl by the way, let me know if anyone is interested in becoming travel buddies :)

Have you booked flights already? If so, how much did they set you back do you mind me asking? I have gone thru expedia, skycanner, etc.and can't seem to find anything reasonable. Going on my own to Vancouver in April also - 26, male and hopefully get a professional job.

Hey great to hear of someone in similar situation!! I acutally am quite fortunate and have a Canadian passport (through my dad) so I am not on a working visa and only have booked a one way flight.
    I booked that last May through Air Canada (thomson airlines) and I paid £288 which is great!
    Are you going through Usit? They ask you to book your flights through them apparently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Hey, visas coming out tomorrow, they're €399, just confirming is that the only working visas that you can get. I want to go to Canada, but J1's are €99. Will it be like hot tickets, where you have to be up at 9 and log on immediately to ensure getting them. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 wolrabp

Oh dear, we sent off the check without asking for fingerprints, think this means we won't have it back on time, balls!
    hey there
    just went to my local office in ferrybank and they printed it of and they sent it to waterford to get signed by the super and had it back with in a week,

TO EVERYONE WHO IS APPLYING FOR YOUR OZ POLICE CLEARANCE YOU DO NEED THE FINGER PRINT CHEQUE, I TAKE BACK WHAT I SAID IN PREVIOUS POST. (AND I AM SORRY)I WAS TOLD I DIDNT NEED ONE AND SENT OF MY 43DOLLERS ONLY TO FIND OUT I NOW HAVE TO DO THE FORMS AGAIN AND SENT ANOTHER 105DOLLERS AWAY. I EMAILED USIT TO ASK AND THIS IS THE EMAIL I GOT BACK!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your email. No, there is no way around this. As per the instructions on the website, you MUST obtain a name and fingerprint check. It instructs you which box to check and where to get your fingerprints taken. You will have to apply for the Name and Fingerprint Check.

Please do not heistate to email us if you have any further queries.

Best of luck!

Work Canada Team
    USIT Programmes Department
    19/21 Aston Quay
    O'Connell Bridge
    Dublin 2
    Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

Hey great to hear of someone in similar situation!! I acutally am quite fortunate and have a Canadian passport (through my dad) so I am not on a working visa and only have booked a one way flight.
    I booked that last May through Air Canada (thomson airlines) and I paid £288 which is great!
    Are you going through Usit? They ask you to book your flights through them apparently :(

I am unfortunately - i used them once about 8 years ago for my J1 and i am still annoyed at the charges! Don't have a Canadian dad unfortunately so i have to use USIT. What is this place Kits Beach? Cool place to live have you heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hans_moleman

any idea what the weather situation is like over? i dont really like the cold that much. presume their summers arent that bad, is the west colder than the east? i need to plan the year wisely :cool:

wolrabp wrote: »
    Oh dear, we sent off the check without asking for fingerprints, think this means we won't have it back on time, balls!
    did you send of the 105dollers + your fingerprints with the form, if so i think you should be ok they will relise what your looking for with the 105doller payment. ill resend mine of tomorrow is all i can do.

• Advertisement

No, sent a draft for 43 dollars unfortunately. Will have to try get fingerprints done tonight and resend everything tomorrow, damn!

East is alot colder in winter. Toronto has been circa -10 with snow recently.
    any idea what the weather situation is like over? i dont really like the cold that much. presume their summers arent that bad, is the west colder than the east? i need to plan the year wisely :cool:

Does everyone need to do a medical? The app form just asks if you have any med condition that may affect your work, or be required for your job.

Nope, not everyone needs to do the medical - it seems you only need to if you have a medical condition, like you said - or if you're planning to work in healthcare/ childcare etc while over in Canada!

Sent off my completed application forms/ garda cert/passport photocopy/photos to USIT today... registered post... now all I can do is wait..!

Gingy wrote: »
    Hey, visas coming out tomorrow, they're €399, just confirming is that the only working visas that you can get. I want to go to Canada, but J1's are €99. Will it be like hot tickets, where you have to be up at 9 and log on immediately to ensure getting them. Thanks

The U35 working visa places for this year sold out within 3 days... so you probably only have a bit of time to make up your mind. It's hard to tell what the demand is, though, and whether there will be more people applying for the student working visa...

I know I was logging on, credit card ready, on the dot at 10am when the U35 visas came out! It was like Ticketmaster.. only more panicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

jimmypitt wrote: »
    What is this place Kits Beach? Cool place to live have you heard?

Expensive, lots of cafes, bars, restaurants and of course the beach.

Yeah its supposed to be a really cool part to live.
    Jimmy hear now you dont have to book through usit so you may be ok.
    Let me know when your booked

Hey I searched for the fb page Irish Invade Canada 2010 but there is only one person on it can someone direct me?? Sara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Hey I searched for the fb page Irish Invade Canada 2010 but there is only one person on it can someone direct me?? Sara

It's 'Irish Invasion of Canada 2010'- the one with more than one fan - you might need to continue to the second page of listings ;)

lol it just comes up with a page with only one fan, what am i doing wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

achbons wrote: »
    Sent off my completed application forms/ garda cert/passport photocopy/photos to USIT today... registered post... now all I can do is wait..!
    aww congrats, I hope to do it tomorrow - all excited

Advertisement