Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiwi Chick

marti4 wrote: »
    Aerlingus flights are around 520euro return. I would go with Air Transat if your 100% sure you won't be changing dates cause you will end up loosing a lot check there T&C's to be sure.
    Thanks for that.:) I never knew Aer Lingus offered flights to Canada. I just checked out the Aer Lingus website. It is Dublin-Chicago-Toronto. Ideally, I would prefer flights from Cork though.

Has anyone used this visa to travel to Quebec and then got permanent residency status? Just wondering how to go about it and how long it takes plus how long it takes to get a permanent resident card, seems fairly complicated from what I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lilmissbadass

myleftfoot wrote: »
    For people who have received their U35 visa, how far into your application process did you receive an email saying you've been registered with SWAP?

i just recieved mine yesterday. i applied for the visa in april and recieved my visa the end of july after paying off the balance of my flights and insurance. so that is about 2 months after i got the visa in my hand. i didnt even know you where meant to get an email from swap until i seen it in my inbox this morning. i am also due to fly out in 4 weeks from tuesday. hope any of this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Anyone up for boards football/beers tomorrow in Vancouver for the Man Utd -v- Liverpool match?

It's on at silly o'clock live but surly it'll be on tape delay somewhere at sometime. Any suggestions for a location would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Well, Gonna head in to Smileys to watch the All Ireland tomorrow morning, will head in for just after 8 I reckon? Jimmy Pitt on here is doing the same I think as he mentioned in another thread. Am sure the Man U-Pool game will be on just after it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Does any one know the best spot in Toronto to watch the football?

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Well, Gonna head in to Smileys to watch the All Ireland tomorrow morning, will head in for just after 8 I reckon? Jimmy Pitt on here is doing the same I think as he mentioned in another thread. Am sure the Man U-Pool game will be on just after it too.

Also see that ISSC Vancouver meet for pints every Friday round 9.30... http://www.isscvancouver.com/events/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭jimmypitt

Match kicks off at 7:30!! Doors open at 7!

See everyone down at Smileys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Went into USIT in Cork yesterday and paid off the balance of what I owed them, 8 months after I first applied for the visa. Another step closer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,756 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the situation is over there with science jobs?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

marti4 wrote: »
    Hi, Need to book my flights to Canada this week, would you recommend Toronto or Vancouver? Which is best for getting work asap!

Hi Marti - I went to Toronto first, hated it, travelled on to Vancouver - loved it...stayed almost four years. I think work may be easier to pick up in Toronto though, more suburbs...but depends what you want to do really! best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

why did u hate toronto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fizzy86

Hey,
    Flying to Toronto tomorrow to stay for about 9 months, Pretty nervous, don't know anyone else there. Anyone else in the same boat? Have accommodation sorted for the first 2 weeks but after that i'm hoping to find somewhere more longterm once I get to know the area a bit.
    Would be great to hear from any people already there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 davetett

Thats a very good suggestion Graham!
    Hi, Im Dave from Cork. I jst got my Honors degree in Business studies and im moving to Toronto at the end of January 2011 with six of my friends on USITs one year student work visa! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Hey peeps... arrived in Vancouver on Monday, fairly impressed so far, here for a week and see what to do then, don't think Ill stay here working, not a big city fan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭QuinnC88

Hi,
    Im 22 and have never travelled on my own before, flying to Toronto on Jan 14th, will be quite nervous when the time comes, but hey ill get over it!..Just wondering is anyone in the same situation as me, r tavelling around the same time let me know...Also if anyone living in Toronto at the moment are there much unskilled job's going at the moment?..advice on accomodation much appreciated!..Would love to meet some people when i get over too...Cheers

Welcome to Van Limerick Lass! Ah ya won't want to leave after a week, trust me! It's a very chilled city and it doesn't have a big city feel at all. Take a stroll down to Kitsilano and tell me you feel like you're in a big city! :)

Just back from a Canucks' game tonight, first preseason game and my first hockey game here in Canada....pretty damn cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Welcome to Van Limerick Lass! Ah ya won't want to leave after a week, trust me! It's a very chilled city and it doesn't have a big city feel at all. Take a stroll down to Kitsilano and tell me you feel like you're in a big city! :)

Just back from a Canucks' game tonight, first preseason game and my first hockey game here in Canada....pretty damn cool.

I was there too!! It was brilliant... REF YOU SUCK! :D
    checking out Kits tomorrow for a place to rent.

I was there too!! It was brilliant... REF YOU SUCK! :D
    checking out Kits tomorrow for a place to rent.

Ha no way!! Yeah it was class. Love how they have the protective tunnels for the refs to walk into during breaks in play!! Were ya there with a group - do ya know ppl here?

Kits is very cool, very laid back and you've got the beach right there. I'm not far from there at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Hi Guys, heading over in January. I have one question, does the Backpacker Premier or Premier Plus policy meet USIT's criteria?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Hi,
    Heading to Toronto soon for a year, a bit nervous but it should be good. Just wondering what are the best areas in the city to live in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cork sparks

heading over in January aswell with my girlfriend how yee finding getting accomadation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cork sparks

hi looking for any information on Toronto, where to live,jobs etc anything really im a electrician so any info on that line of work would be great cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Phonehead wrote: »
    Hi Guys, heading over in January. I have one question, does the Backpacker Premier or Premier Plus policy meet USIT's criteria?

Usit accepted premier for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fizzy86

Hey so in Toronto a few days now. Staying in an area near High Park for the moment but is only temporary. Looking for somewhere more permanent soon. Any advice on areas that are good? Gonna be doing a course in Islington but hopefully will find some sort of job in the city or nearby...
    Would love to hear from anyone that's here, only been here a few days but feeling kinda weird having no one to talk to apart from the family im staying with...
    Fiona

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Hey

Looking into getting the u35 visa. whats the story how strict they are with convictions? i have a road traffic conviction (drink driving) from a few years ago what are the chances of me being refused or should i just go ahead and book it, i tried contacting usit to find out but got no reply so any help would be sweet

Cheers

gustafo wrote: »
    Hey

Looking into getting the u35 visa. whats the story how strict they are with convictions? i have a road traffic conviction (drink driving) from a few years ago what are the chances of me being refused or should i just go ahead and book it, i tried contacting usit to find out but got no reply so any help would be sweet

Cheers

Drink driving does not have to be disclosed . It's not a criminal offence in Ireland and you're not asked about it on the application. You're only asked whether you've been arrested, charged or convicted for criminal offences or spent time in jail as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Drink driving does not have to be disclosed . It's not a criminal offence in Ireland and you're not asked about it on the application. You're only asked whether you've been arrested, charged or convicted for criminal offences or spent time in jail as far as I know.

But wont it show on my police clearance cert that i will need to get from the gardai ??

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

But wont it show on my police clearance cert that i will need to get from the gardai ??

You'll be grand lad, one for no NCT didnt show up anyways.

• Advertisement

nope!

Advertisement