Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

gambit83 wrote: »
    I lived in New Zealand for about 9 months and Aus for around 2 months a few years ago, will I need police certs from them countries?

As far as I can gather from reading through here, and the Canadian embassy website, the main police report required, for the 2011 applications, will be your home country, foreign reports are not a necessity, but that can all depend on you having a clean record on your main report, if there are any blemishes, they may ask for reports from all other countries you have lived in for longer than the 6 month period. But as has been repeated here by many people, don't solely rely on the info on here, if in doubt suss it out through official channels.

Speaking of blemishes on police reports, I've applied for, and am awaiting my Irish cert, for my visa application. I just remembered that I got caught for a tv licence a few years ago in a rented house I was living in for a few weeks during my apprenticeship, The inspector was quite decent, I told him I was only in the house briefly, the tv was the landlords, not mine, and I never even switched it on anyway, prefering to use the net on my laptop to pass the time. He said a summons may be issued, but seeing as I was leaving the country in a month to go travelling for a year, I shouldn't worry about it, as it would just be returned undelivered. Forgot about this until now, wonder if it might appear on my police report? Be a sickener to be denied a visa over a tv licence conviction for a tv I didn't even own or ever watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lilmissbadass

Anyone know how much the visa is when purchased through the embassy?

as far a as i know and from what i have read on this link

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

its 110 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

Hiya folks,

Ive pretty much everything in order at the moment regarding applying for this years visa. The one thing im wondering is about the work availability over there, particularily in the engineering field. I'm a manufacturing engineer here in Ireland. Is there anyone who is looking for this type of position or has anyone gotten anything. From what i can see, there is little ME jobs available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bugle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

yeah thats the figure i saw...excpet $150, not €150 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Has anyone had to get a UK Police Cert?

How long did it take?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Ok I'm totally confused by the insurance and my apologies if I'm being silly: I looked at backpackers and it seems to cover your normal travel insurance, lost luggage, cancelled flights etc; but i'm wondering if you need sperate health insurance if your away for a long time. VHI have worlwide helath insurance and standard travel insurance as one package is this the one I should go for. I wanna make sure I'm covered medically and for normal travel ins???

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

lima wrote: »

How long did it take?

sent off mine in the uk on 22nd december and still waiting for mine, although i am in ireland now and asked them to post it here. I think it says wait 10 working days processing time and then how ever long in the post after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Ok I'm totally confused by the insurance and my apologies if I'm being silly: I looked at backpackers and it seems to cover your normal travel insurance, lost luggage, cancelled flights etc; but i'm wondering if you need sperate health insurance if your away for a long time. VHI have worlwide helath insurance and standard travel insurance as one package is this the one I should go for. I wanna make sure I'm covered medically and for normal travel ins???

Our plan is the premier plus
    It covers medical and dental and a&e stuff
    I would recommend calling the insurance companies and laying out exactly what you need from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

lima wrote: »

How long did it take?

I got one, it took about 3/4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

aight so calgary on thursday morn!

anyone else heading there soon?:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

TechnoPool wrote: »
    aight so calgary on thursday morn!

anyone else heading there soon?:D

Bring gloves and a hat! The 3 day forecast expects it to hit -25, with another 6 or 7 degree wind chill.

Sergeant wrote: »
    Bring gloves and a hat! The 3 day forecast expects it to hit -25, with another 6 or 7 degree wind chill.

and some snow mixed in, well for Edmonton anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Guys when are the applications supposed to open? I was told 10am this morning on the Usit website http://www.workincanada.ie/ but nothing seems to be happening.

thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Morf3h wrote: »
    Guys when are the applications supposed to open? I was told 10am this morning on the Usit website http://www.workincanada.ie/ but nothing seems to be happening.

thnx

18th january but not with usit, direct to the canadian embassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Sorry for stupid questions but I was under the impression u had to apply through usit? Similar to us visas? Have a link for more info? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Sergeant wrote: »

bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yeah been keeping tabs , nippy alright

TechnoPool wrote: »
    bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yeah been keeping tabs , nippy alright

Some reading for Ya regarding jobs in Alberta nice low unemployment rates :)

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...847/story.html

Morf3h wrote: »
    Sorry for stupid questions but I was under the impression u had to apply through usit? Similar to us visas? Have a link for more info? Thanks.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

website seems to be down,anyone know the price of the visa and is it first come first served basis? also is it a 1 year visa?

zweton wrote: »
    website seems to be down,anyone know the price of the visa and is it first come first served basis? also is it a 1 year visa?

it's a 1 year visa 110 euro i think.

• Advertisement

gustafo wrote: »
    it's a 1 year visa 110 euro i think.

you can apply again then for the following year i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

How do you mean apply again

You can apply for a second one according to the website
    As far as I can see it requires a full application for the second application.
    Have tried emailing the embassy for the requirements for the second year

so if you where on one a under 35 visa you reapply,whats the website please?

so if you where on one a under 35 visa you reapply,whats the website please?

Eligbility Criteria

We have changed the program to make it possible for more people to participate. So again as of 2011, you will be permitted to apply to the IEC if you have a spouse or partner and dependents. If you are accepted, your spouse/parnter and dependents will now be permitted to travel to Canada with you, although they all will be required to obtain their own individual status. For more information on how your spouse/partner and dependents can travel with you, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
    Another important change is that program participation has been expanded up to two one-year periods. You will need to re-apply if you wish to repeat as a participant, but this change means that you can continue your stay in Canada after one year or travel again several years apart. The choice is yours!

cheers will give it a look

looks good for the second year,ill register for it anyhow,alot easier having a job set up and place and know the city.

looks good for the second year,ill register for it anyhow,alot easier having a job set up and place and know the city.

have you a job setup already?

yea got a job for sure,working on construction sites,I am heading to Toronto and there is loads of work over there.The only thing is wont be much work there now give it to march or april any how.

I see this opens on the 18th,whats the exact link to apply for this,Im goign to ring them tomorrow to find out but guess it should be easier if i was on it before.

Any questions about toronto fire away!

• Advertisement

yea got a job for sure,working on construction sites,I am heading to Toronto and there is loads of work over there.The only thing is wont be much work there now give it to march or april any how.

I see this opens on the 18th,whats the exact link to apply for this,Im goign to ring them tomorrow to find out but guess it should be easier if i was on it before.

Any questions about toronto fire away!

how do you know there is loads of work over there? do you mean in construction?

Advertisement