Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lbrk

Hello everyone,

Quick question about laptops & netbook prices in canada, toronto is even better if anyone has recently bought one over christmas. Im arriving in Toronto next week and dont know to pick up a cheap netbook here for 320euro, or buy one when I arrive? Is the price difference in electronics much? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yea i was over there last year and there is loads of work in constructino

Laptops will be cheaper over there,go to future shop or bust buy,if you look on craigslist aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

yea i was over there last year and there is loads of work in constructino

A year is a long time might not be so great now.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

howayes! jus lookin for a bit of info regarding toronto in general.myself and a few of my mates are hopefully going to toronto in the summer for three months.we have applied for the garda certs and are waiting to apply for the work permits/visas through the embassy.just wondering what its like in toronto jobwise? is it difficult to get one? coz we are ****ed if we dont get jobs like.also accomodation anyone have any idea prices for a group of lads to stay in a house,any other info will be helpful as well.cheers

• Advertisement

gustafo wrote: »
    A year is a long time might not be so great now.

Left on December 22nd and was working up to the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Left on December 22nd and was working up to the last day

ohh ok good to hear there might be some left so for us when we get there....let's hope anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Biotecnology Graduate from dublin ireland..... vancouver or toronto ?? lol...

La La wrote: »
    Herro everyone,
    I moved to Toronto in September for work and it's deadly.
    That's all :p

LOL...im tryna decide. toronto or vancouver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

looks good for the second year,ill register for it anyhow,alot easier having a job set up and place and know the city.

Was considering applying also but I think I am going to go LMO

• Advertisement

how can i renew my visa while im over there in canada? maby ill marry someone! would be easier in the long run ! ya know...

red menace wrote: »
    Was considering applying also but I think I am going to go LMO

LMO is difficult enough to get.

LMO is difficult enough to get.

what does LMO mean ....

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    what does LMO mean ....

Labour Market Opinion

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 poggz

Hi all! Moving to Canada for 2011 myself and just thought I'd post a link to this website run especially for and by us paddies - it's worth a look especially if you're headed to Toronto
    http://irishalien.com/

Yep difficult but at least the company is on board and willing to put me through it..
    I think its better than getting an additional year and then turn around and try to get an LMO next year would rather have all this kicked off and have an answer either way

I was in the same boat,employer wanted to keep me but was informed that it would be very difficult ot get a positive LMO.All really depends if no other Candian can do your job.

I was in the same boat,employer wanted to keep me but was informed that it would be very difficult ot get a positive LMO.All really depends if no other Candian can do your job.

Yep looks that way, all I can do is hope for the best and jump through the hoops

oh you serious??... i hope i get something... when i get my job... is LMO another word for sponsorship??

I was thinking about this,if you apply for the LMO does that rule you out of the second year since you did over stay you visa,might be a technicality

• Advertisement

I was thinking about this,if you apply for the LMO does that rule you out of the second year since you did over stay you visa,might be a technicality

Not sure about that, a visit out of country might be required to keep things legal.
    If you move to an LMO you are still entitled to be in the country for the term of it I would imagine so shouldnt be a problem once you are fulfilling the criteria
    You would probably get pushed back down the queue in favour of first timers
    Do you mind me asking what area did you work in?

Not sure about that, a visit out of country might be required to keep things legal.
    If you move to an LMO you are still entitled to be in the country for the term of it I would imagine so shouldnt be a problem once you are fulfilling the criteria
    You would probably get pushed back down the queue in favour of first timers
    Do you mind me asking what area did you work in?

red menace... do you like it over there...

I work in construction,a friend of mine got it and was told that if you leave the country and you dont have the lmo you cant get back in untill you get a positive LMO.

I work in construction,a friend of mine got it and was told that if you leave the country and you dont have the lmo you cant get back in untill you get a positive LMO.

guy i know paid around 5 k for emmigration lawyer...!!! stepwise.. prob/ worth it..

he overpaid my firend paid 100$,but I think he was lucky tho,the job he was in the secertary did all the work for him and women who done a few lmo before helped.
    I was going through this women as well but basically said I wouldnt get it.
    You should get on it right away if you want to stay

he overpaid my firend paid 100$,but I think he was lucky tho,the job he was in the secertary did all the work for him and women who done a few lmo before helped.
    I was going through this women as well but basically said I wouldnt get it.
    You should get on it right away if you want to stay

ohh!!! any why artn you elegible??... prob depends on your major!! area!! id say id be a possibility.. if my managers like me...

red menace... do you like it over there...

Yep love it tbh
    In my job have prob learned more in the last 2 months than the previous 3 years
    People are friendly, standard of living is very good
    The cost of living is quite cheap I think we are certainly better off here than we were in Dublin
    3 hours from the rockies been down for a weekend away, it's stunning
    All in all loving it so far

Yep love it tbh
    In my job have prob learned more in the last 2 months than the previous 3 years
    People are friendly, standard of living is very good
    The cost of living is quite cheap I think we are certainly better off here than we were in Dublin
    3 hours from the rockies been down for a weekend away, it's stunning
    All in all loving it so far

oh very good... yea was looking up some places doh . downtown vancouver. some can be quite expensive..!!! some ok... yeah i cant decide... toronto or vancouver.. ugh...

oh very good... yea was looking up some places doh . downtown vancouver. some can be quite expensive..!!! some ok... yeah i cant decide... toronto or vancouver.. ugh...

We came to Alberta, (Edmonton)
    Pretty nice here and a lot cheaper than either Van or Toronto from what I can see
    Only problem it's -33 today with wind chill so not that nice out

• Advertisement

We came to Alberta, (Edmonton)
    Pretty nice here and a lot cheaper than either Van or Toronto from what I can see
    Only problem it's -33 today with wind chill so not that nice out

ahh i see... well once your earning/working be ok lol... ill know all about it when i get there.. job hunting gona be fun!!!!

Advertisement