Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Hi all more confusion. I know that now you can apply for 2 IEC visa's so that if you apply for 2 in a row you would then qualify to apply for perminant res??? Can you study part time on these visa. I would be required to do licensing exams over in Canada as part of my job- is there a restriction on this? Also can you apply for your 2nd IEC visa while you are on your 1st IEC Visa???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 poggz

Hi Louise! I attended a healthcare expo there back in October - is your licence exam within that field? We were told on that day if you wanted to obtain permanent residence over in Canada, you should apply for temporary visa, take steps to get licence and then seek an employer that could nominate you for the provincial nominee programme. This only works for some professions
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/index.asp
    According to the embassy website it is possible to enroll in courses under the IEC provided "the courses must be part-time and considered as personal development/growth. Your courses cannot be part of a university degree. If you are in Canada under the IEC Working Holiday Program, you may enroll in language courses over a short period of time, i.e. less than six months"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Hi thanks for that it's actaully finance exams to trade. I have my degree and masters but will need to sit the canadian exams if I want to trade. This is done on a part time basis. not surewhere to get info on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 poggz

Oh well then I'm not sure. I guess you could check the embassy website - They have a FAQ section on the program. Or if that doesn't help I'd give them or USIT a call.
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keeno32

was just wondering if any one new what the story is about the permanent residency requirement for the working holiday visa for canada. i was in oz for 2 years recently, will i be able to apply for the visa?

it says i have to be living in ireland 3 years prior to applying, this is on the embassy website but i have have heard elsewhere it was not be out of ireland for more than 3-4 years from the age of 18.

any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

keeno32 wrote: »
    was just wondering if any one new what the story is about the permanent residency requirement for the working holiday visa for canada. i was in oz for 2 years recently, will i be able to apply for the visa?

it says i have to be living in ireland 3 years prior to applying, this is on the embassy website but i have have heard elsewhere it was not be out of ireland for more than 3-4 years from the age of 18.

any help would be appreciated.

I moved back to Ireland in August 2009 after spending the last 2 years living in the UK. I applied for the visa for Canada 5 months later in January 2010 and my application was approved. I submitted a UK police cert with the dates I had been living in the UK so it's not like they didn't know I was over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

WELL!! arrived here in calgary safe and sound!!

delighted with the flight, my free beerz sent me to the land of nod after 6-7 and i slept for around 6 of the total 9 nd a half hours:D

immigration and customs was a breeze , i spent longer walking to them from the plane than passing through and getting my visa

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

TechnoPool wrote: »
    WELL!! arrived here in calgary safe and sound!!

delighted with the flight, my free beerz sent me to the land of nod after 6-7 and i slept for around 6 of the total 9 nd a half hours:D

immigration and customs was a breeze , i spent longer walking to them from the plane than passing through and getting my visa

lol nice one!! you there on your own? calgary toronto is it.. do you have some job huntng to do??

chargerman wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I moved to Toronto 4 months ago. I came on my own and I know how hard it can be. Toronto is a great city - always something to do.The Irish community are good here with regular pub and social events. The city is very big and can be expensive. If you want to know anything, send me a private message and I will give as much help as I can. Best of luck in travelling

v good!!... i might go to a hostel first hand .. to get a job...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    lol nice one!! you there on your own? calgary toronto is it.. do you have some job huntng to do??

ive two cousins who are studying full time here so im living with them, but i came over on my own!! applied for a few jobs there this morning and i have an interview on sunday, just lookin for anything so i dont eat into my money, then i can look for something i want to do yanno!!

calgary, alberta, on the west side of the country:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

TechnoPool wrote: »
    ive two cousins who are studying full time here so im living with them, but i came over on my own!! applied for a few jobs there this morning and i have an interview on sunday, just lookin for anything so i dont eat into my money, then i can look for something i want to do yanno!!

calgary, alberta, on the west side of the country:)

Welcome to Alberta you picked a grand day for it anyway -22 currently
    Was -26 on my way to work this morning
    Once you layer up well there's no bother
    Make your you tuck yer ears in :)
    Good luck with the job hunt

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng
    Welcome to the new International Experience Canada (IEC) page
    The IEC initiative is now officially open for year 2011. You will find instructions on this page on how to obtain, prepare, and submit an application package.
    Administrative changes have been made to the IEC for 2011. Most notably, for the first time in Ireland, you will be able to apply directly to the Government of Canada.
    We are introducing these changes as part of a larger initiative to re-align the IEC in Ireland with its counterparts in participating countries around the world. There are three major areas of re-alignment: Program Category, Eligibilty Criteria, and Application Process.

Wonder how long before their web server explodes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

can someone confirm this for me,on the 18th the website will open the visas and all you have to do is register,thne you send in the application to paris?I just want to get the visa,I filled out all the info last year so I know the process but that was with usit.

Any how on the 18th i go to
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

and register?

can someone confirm this for me,on the 18th the website will open the visas and all you have to do is register,thne you send in the application to paris?I just want to get the visa,I filled out all the info last year so I know the process but that was with usit.

Any how on the 18th i go to

and register?

according to the website you can register now!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

red menace wrote: »

Thanks for that. Does this mean that we don't have to pay extortionate Usit fees aka their American Visas 'programme fees'?? and can apply direct to Canadian gov?

Morf3h wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Does this mean that we don't have to pay extortionate Usit fees aka their American Visas 'programme fees'?? and can apply direct to Canadian gov?

Yeah according to the gov website the fee is 100 euro

So I reged,does that mean a place is held for me and I dont have to go on a waiting list,All I need to do is send in my application form?I still have to get police certs.

So I reged,does that mean a place is held for me and I dont have to go on a waiting list,All I need to do is send in my application form?I still have to get police certs.

Your guess is as good as mine dude,
    Have a read of the FAQ

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx

Yea,doesnt say anything about it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

Hi Sean,

yes there is

Wait a week and details will be announced of the direct application
    There are lots of threads on the U35 in this forum well worth reading.
    As for the qualification thing I know they ask for a copy of your CV with the application but I don't think they specify a qualification as needed

EDIT have a read through of this
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/assets/pdfs/WHP_Instructions_2011_EN.pdf

All we needed last year to apply was:
    Passport
    Fee
    Garda cert
    Marriage cert
    Flight and insurance details

So before you applied last year you had your insurance and flights booked?
    Will it be the same this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

gambit83 wrote: »

No. You don't need to have a flight booked before you get the permit.

gambit83 wrote: »

mope we applied for the visa first
    one of the final steps was to provide proof of the flights and insurance

wooo woo i got my garda certificate!!! finally they got up of their asses lol.. now just need to wait for the visa to come out!!!

wooo woo i got my garda certificate!!! finally they got up of their asses lol.. now just need to wait for the visa to come out!!!

You do know you can apply now?

You do know you can apply now?

em no?? .... the usit one not out yet!!! waht one you on about lol/// ty

em no?? .... the usit one not out yet!!! waht one you on about lol/// ty

you can apply online direct to the Canadian embassy

Have a read of this:

Costs 110 euro
    obviously need to sort out your own flights and insurance

you can apply online direct to the Canadian embassy

Have a read of this:

Costs 110 euro
    obviously need to sort out your own flights and insurance

ok.. thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Hi
    Does anyone know what the travel dates are for this programme?
    Like with Usit you can travel from April up to December/Jan. I was thinking of applying but I would want to be travelling next January 2012. It doesnt seem to say it on their website.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The application process appears tp be open

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/IEC-EIC.aspx

but i can't find the application stuff....help!

• Advertisement

Advertisement