Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

yeah i got it now....should have read more threads before replying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

When does the usit open,not goign to use them just want to know incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

When does the usit open,not goign to use them just want to know incase.

Not sure. probably end of this month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Does anyone know the latest departure date for the IEC Visa 2011? If i wanted to go in Jan 2012 would I have to wait until next January to apply for the 2012 one?

red menace wrote: »
    you can apply online direct to the Canadian embassy

Have a read of this:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Costs 110 euro
    obviously need to sort out your own flights and insurance

im just wondering whats the difference between doing it this way and or going by USITs way.. well i know it would be 2 weeks quicker b4 USITS one is out ..is this the application form that USIT has for their visa ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    im just wondering whats the difference between doing it this way and or going by USITs way.. well i know it would be 2 weeks quicker b4 USITS one is out ..is this the application form that USIT has for their visa ?

bout 300e cheaper

TechnoPool wrote: »
    bout 300e cheaper
    SWEET!!!.. how are you settling in to vancouver? did you go alone or company.. ithink ill go to vancouver.. since my major is big there.. than that of toronto..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nahuvy

but i actually found out that you have to apply to canadian embassy in paris for 2011 programme IEC as they are doing the main processing of irish apps.
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/working_holiday-vacances_travail.aspx

I even think its opened now but its very confusing what to do
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nahuvy

Has anyone downloaded the forms yet, seems to be alot of forms to send off tofrance and im already confused about proof of funds candidate form, i dont want to send the wrong things. also does anyone know how current your garda check is as i got mine done in sept and someone said it possibly can only be at max 3mnths old ?is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dub man

hi all ive moved here 6 months ago my wife and kids have been here 3 months it very strange i have met only 2 irish men in the 6months my wife hasent met any iwas wondering if there are any other familys in the same boat and maybe willing to get in touch its not to bad for me im working but my wife is at home with our 7 month old and finding it a bit hard having no inter action with others our neigbours keep very much to themselves we also have 2 other girls 15 and 10 if there is any one out there looking to make life here a bit easier would love to hear from you thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

dub man wrote: »
    hi all ive moved here 6 months ago my wife and kids have been here 3 months it very strange i have met only 2 irish men in the 6months my wife hasent met any iwas wondering if there are any other familys in the same boat and maybe willing to get in touch its not to bad for me im working but my wife is at home with our 7 month old and finding it a bit hard having no inter action with others our neigbours keep very much to themselves we also have 2 other girls 15 and 10 if there is any one out there looking to make life here a bit easier would love to hear from you thanks

With the 7 month old your wife could look up Mommy and me groups in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

If it's like previous years your 2011 visa will be valid until 31 January 2012. You shoudl check the website though in case this has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dogsballs

Started the app process today, getting all the bits and bobs together.

Yeah anyone know whether the proof of funds stamped by the bank is enough or do they want a statement too, its not very clear from the thing..?

Anyone know if you need to fill out any additional docs if going to Quebec?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Ok cool thanks. But is this not the first year of this programme?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

It is indeed the 1st year of the canadian government doing it directly and not USIT and the 1st year of the 2 year IEC visa- so I would check on the website for any additional changes. Apart from the above it seems to be fairly the same as usual just cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 senorsweeney

Hey there,

I've filled in all the forms so all i'm short of now is my Garda Cert, Guards say it'll be 2-3 weeks. Any fear i could miss out on the Visa in these 3-4 weeks or am i being silly???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

SWEET!!!.. how are you settling in to vancouver? did you go alone or company.. ithink ill go to vancouver.. since my major is big there.. than that of toronto..

im in calagry , i went through usit alas:o , but sure fook it im here now !!

quite enjoying it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

Hey there,

I've filled in all the forms so all i'm short of now is my Garda Cert, Guards say it'll be 2-3 weeks. Any fear i could miss out on the Visa in these 3-4 weeks or am i being silly???

nah you'll be grand. last year they gave out something like 4600 and had some left over. this year they are expecting 6000 apps and have the capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Hey, I'm heading over on Sunday and I've a quick question about Canadian immigration for those of you that have passed through it. I have my letter from the Canadian High Commission saying my visa was granted and my USIT insurance certificate. I'm getting paid on Thursday so I'm going to get something from my bank with by account balance on it when the money goes in. Do I need anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Hey, I'm heading over on Sunday and I've a quick question about Canadian immigration for those of you that have passed through it. I have my letter from the Canadian High Commission saying my visa was granted and my USIT insurance certificate. I'm getting paid on Thursday so I'm going to get something from my bank with by account balance on it when the money goes in. Do I need anything else?

That should see you through OK
    Nobody asked us about proof of funds but depends who you get I suppose, we did have that info on us if needed,
    Needless to say your passport :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

red menace wrote: »
    That should see you through OK
    Nobody asked us about proof of funds but depends who you get I suppose, we did have that info on us if needed,
    Needless to say your passport :)

Cheers red menace. Thanks for reminding me about the passport, just stuck it in the front pocket of my backpack, knowing me I'd remember everything else except that :) Just heard from someone on Facebook that Canadian immigration didn't exactly welcome her with open arms, I hope it all goes smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hi All,

Does anyone know if I will be required to provide a Police cert from the UAE and Australia?

I lived and worked in Dubai from 97-98, and Australia from 99-00 and am wondering if Police certs are definitely still required for these countries, when applying for the Under 35 working holiday visa for Canada?

I am just worried that these will take forever to receive, particualry from the UAE!!

They could take several months to receive, and cost me an arm and a leg in the process, and if they arrive too late could cost me the chance of the visa?

I have read somewhere that these are only required if you have a blemished record in Ireland, but I want to be sure as I don't want to do anything to risk my chance of this visa.

Does anyone have a definite answer?

Thanks..

TechnoPool wrote: »
    im in calagry , i went through usit alas:o , but sure fook it im here now !!

quite enjoying it so far

cool!!!... u working away?? jw that visa.. appication form directy to the canadain embassy in france.. does taht cost 110 euro.. just to see if you are eligible..? and then you go to usit and get it and pay more ?? lol... or its just costs 110 and that s it .. lol.. sorry im just making sure that one is not a fake!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Collage Lad

Hi

Im wondering if anybody can clarify and answer the following for me

The temporary work visa, got through the canadian embassy requires you to have a job offer before applying?

The USIT visa doesnt require you to have a job offer to apply

Is there any other way of getting a 1 year work visa?

and does anybody know when USIT is reopening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Hi

Im wondering if anybody can clarify and answer the following for me

The temporary work visa, got through the canadian embassy requires you to have a job offer before applying?

The USIT visa doesnt require you to have a job offer to apply

Is there any other way of getting a 1 year work visa?

and does anybody know when USIT is reopening?

You have this wrong...

The temporary visa from the Canadian embassy is an open visa (for a working holiday)- you don't need a job offer. You can apply for this visa twice. It replaces the usit programmes.

Usit can still offer this visa as part of a package which includes swap membership and possibly flights. But you don't need to go through usit.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

usit program opens thursday 20th jan at 10am. they havent said the cost yet though

whats the difference between. the direct application and USITS policy?? for visa..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

Does anyone know what information Usit look for on the day of application?
    Will I be asked to submit police certs, passport details etc on first application or how does it work?

Also - have people made a decision on whether to go through Usit or through I.E.C or does it make any difference?

whats the difference between. the direct application and USITS policy?? for visa..

They are both for the same program, identical visas with the same requirments
    Only difference is that usit will send off the forms for you and can offer you a bundle with flights and insurance but will cost more

• Advertisement

Teebco wrote: »
    Does anyone know what information Usit look for on the day of application?
    Will I be asked to submit police certs, passport details etc on first application or how does it work?

Also - have people made a decision on whether to go through Usit or through I.E.C or does it make any difference?

Last year you had 40 days to supply all the required documentation once your place on the program was granted

Advertisement