Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

red menace wrote: »
    They are both for the same program, identical visas with the same requirments
    Only difference is that usit will send off the forms for you and can offer you a bundle with flights and insurance but will cost more

oic... hmmm... ok.. so the separate flights and insurance will maby cost more for me then... not going through usit.. well usit opens in 2 days!!! and im set to go with all my docs for the direct route... hmm.. lol.. was thinkin on doing usits ... haha gahhh. maby illl just send it on directly lol... iand alike i want info on cheap insurances and flights maby the direct route wont tell me that and they assholes!!!.... whlie usit will be nice..

its my bday today!!!! .. its my party and ill cry if i want to !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    oic... hmmm... ok.. so the separate flights and insurance will maby cost more for me then... not going through usit.. well usit opens in 2 days!!! and im set to go with all my docs for the direct route... hmm.. lol.. was thinkin on doing usits ... haha gahhh. maby illl just send it on directly lol... iand alike i want info on cheap insurances and flights maby the direct route wont tell me that and they assholes!!!.... whlie usit will be nice..

its my bday today!!!! .. its my party and ill cry if i want to !!!

the direct application will not help in anyway with flights or insurance as far as I knoware reasonable
    If you are flying during the the summer www.canadianafffair.com are quite cheap

red menace wrote: »
    the direct application will not help in anyway with flights or insurance as far as I knoware reasonable
    If you are flying during the the summer www.canadianafffair.com are quite cheap

oh ok... thank you.. ill compare to skyscanner... you settling in ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    oh ok... thank you.. ill compare to skyscanner... you settling in ok...

Yep so far so good, winter is cold and snowy -25 for a few days and we had about 3 foot of snow so far this winter
    Once you get used to that it's grand
    Good standard of living and nice people here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Quick (possibly stupid question)
    I have everything ready, except proof of funds which im getting sorted tomorrow.
    however, going through the checklist, and want to make sure ive got the correct stuff.

But i'm confused about the Visa declaration form and the IEC declaration form.
    I'm assuming that the visa declaration form is the form with "PROTECTED B" in the top
    right hand corner, and has all the checkboxes, so does that mean that the IEC declaration form is the one tiitled "Warning: misrepresentation is a criminal offence"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

yeah been pretty cold here since i came, but its not bad at all out today!! just back from the ''Y'' myself this morn, really nice and friendly people over here:)

god bless joey tomatoes ;)

i wasnt asked to show anything regarding proof of funds when i came over

need proof of €2300 in the bank now to be submitted with the IEC application....
    However, i'm just confused about the declaration forms that are required as part of the checklist....not sure which is which and whether i have all copies...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

For those of you flying in to Vancouver be prepared to queue for ages in Immigration.

Flew in yesterday, got in at 6:30pm local time and left the Airport about 8:20! :eek:

retalivity wrote: »
    need proof of €2300 in the bank now to be submitted with the IEC application....
    However, i'm just confused about the declaration forms that are required as part of the checklist....not sure which is which and whether i have all copies...

just get everything possible you can pal, better to have it and not be asked, than be asked and not have it:p

• Advertisement

very good!!! .. god i hope ill be ok.. now when my time comes for take off to canada!!! ill be happy once i get a science joby lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone know how long i have to use this visa if i apply now? could i travel in january 2012 with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nahuvy

dogsballs wrote: »
    Started the app process today, getting all the bits and bobs together.

Yeah anyone know whether the proof of funds stamped by the bank is enough or do they want a statement too, its not very clear from the thing..?

Anyone know if you need to fill out any additional docs if going to Quebec?
    hey i just ended up getting the bank to stamp that form and sent that in on its own without a statement. I couldnt see anywhere saying about the statements so i figured it would do

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dommy

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Just wondering, does this mean I can just pay the Canadian government directly and go with another insurer apart from USIT?

Dommy wrote: »
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

Just wondering, does this mean I can just pay the Canadian government directly and go with another insurer apart from USIT?
    yep this year is the first year you can go through the canadian embassy instead of usit. To apply with the embassy its €110 and with usit its over €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dommy

Excellent, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jonny59

Ive just returned back from Vancouver and I'm looking to pass on my iPhone. If anyone in heading over ther in the next few weeks they can have it for free if they take over my bill. The bill is $55a month.

zweton wrote: »
    anyone know how long i have to use this visa if i apply now? could i travel in january 2012 with it?

I believe so, up until Jan 31st 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

retalivity wrote: »
    I believe so, up until Jan 31st 2012

mind me asking where you saw this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 carriedayphoto

This is probably a very stupid question but do I need to have all my documents sorted and proof of funds before I attempt to apply for a Canadian Under 35 Work visa through IEC?

I have enough money to pay for the visa now and book my flights but I don't plan to travel until August/ September and had planned on saving my a** off between now and then...

My head has turned to mush trying to process all this information and I have given up on USIT as they're saying they will release more visas on thursday but have absolutely NO INFORMATION on their site about it! Argh! Help please!

• Advertisement

short answer, no you dont.

look through the past few pages of this thread, or check here

This is probably a very stupid question but do I need to have all my documents sorted and proof of funds before I attempt to apply for a Canadian Under 35 Work visa through IEC?

I have enough money to pay for the visa now and book my flights but I don't plan to travel until August/ September and had planned on saving my a** off between now and then...

My head has turned to mush trying to process all this information and I have given up on USIT as they're saying they will release more visas on thursday but have absolutely NO INFORMATION on their site about it! Argh! Help please!
    Ok so I downloaded the application kit off the canadian embassy when I registered on saturday which consists mainlyof forms to fill out.
    You will need 2 passport photos, garda cert, cv,photocopy of your passport and to fill/sign/date 2 copies of the IEC app form, 2 copies of the IEC declaration form, visa add info form and visa dec form. The forms are stanard and provided.
    The proof of funds form you need to bring to your bank to sign that you have €2325 in the bank. You dont have to have your flights or insurance booked yet.
    Hope that helps.

nahuvy wrote: »
    The proof of funds form you need to bring to your bank to sign that you have €2325 in the bank. You dont have to have your flights or insurance booked yet.

Does this mean that I need the money in the bank before they'll grant me a visa so? If that's the case, I don't! Should I wait until I have the money saved before I apply?

Thanks very much for the info... I'm going to download the forms now! Everyone's so helpful! :)

Does this mean that I need the money in the bank before they'll grant me a visa so? If that's the case, I don't! Should I wait until I have the money saved before I apply?

Thanks very much for the info... I'm going to download the forms now! Everyone's so helpful! :)
    If your going to through the embassy I dont think they will except your application without it but there is also the option of the proof of funds third party form which states that a third party will cover the 2325 needed or will transfer the money into your ac. So if you can get someone to say they are loaning you the money but in actuality by the time you go in August you would have the money therefore no need to take it. Granted its more work but its just an idea if you want to apply now when there is more chance of getting the visa

nahuvy wrote: »
    If your going to through the embassy I dont think they will except your application without it but there is also the option of the proof of funds third party form which states that a third party will cover the 2325 needed or will transfer the money into your ac. So if you can get someone to say they are loaning you the money but in actuality by the time you go in August you would have the money therefore no need to take it. Granted its more work but its just an idea if you want to apply now when there is more chance of getting the visa

You are a star! That's a great idea! Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

zweton wrote: »
    mind me asking where you saw this?

you must use the visa within 12 months of the letter of introduction.

this is in their faq.

so with an 8 week processing time I think you will actually be able to travel up to 1 year and 8 weeks from the time you apply. so for most people applying now then they could travel up to april 2012.

i am in the same boat and want to push it as far away as possible if i do get accepted as i have some issues with currently living in UK so have been looking into it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaff

Hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone is in the same position as me.

I'm from Dublin but have been living and working in London for the past few years and now I want to go to Canada on the working holiday program. On the application it specifies that you should have been living in Ireland for the past 3 years. I know they also accept British people on the same program but when I tried that I was prompted with a message saying I was the wrong nationality (Irish)....Bit of a catch 22 situation.

So any Irish people who have been in the UK have any experiences in applying for the iec under 35 work program??

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

jaff wrote: »
    Hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone is in the same position as me.

I'm from Dublin but have been living and working in London for the past few years and now I want to go to Canada on the working holiday program. On the application it specifies that you should have been living in Ireland for the past 3 years. I know they also accept British people on the same program but when I tried that I was prompted with a message saying I was the wrong nationality (Irish)....Bit of a catch 22 situation.

So any Irish people who have been in the UK have any experiences in applying for the iec under 35 work program??

I am in exact same boat. Emailed IEC last monday but havent got a reply.

Its a bit if a grey area! If you find anything out will you let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bellasolis

Hi All

If this has been covered before, my apologies, cant seem to find much on the subject but Im needing to get an Oz police Cert... at moment im in Uni in Edinburgh... Do I need to get fingerprints before I send off to Oz for cert and do I just head into a police station here in Scotland to get them?

Thanks

BellaSolis- Long time reader, first time poster :)

• Advertisement

Ive spent 15 months of the past 3 years living abroad, and i'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that the visa was open to people who moved "temporarily" abroad, either as part of study, or work experience (which i think equates to a gap year, or a year teaching, or a year in oz etc....).
    I can't remember where exactly where I saw that, as I was worried too. I've sent away my application anyway. Probably better to get a definitive answer from IEC.
    I'll keep looking for where I saw that though!!!

Advertisement