Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 RyanNolan

red menace wrote: »
    Check with the credit card provider that card hasn't expired or hasn't actually ever gone through
    Try clearing your cookies and maybe try using a different browser?

If this is on the usit site might be worth a call to them to see if they have had any other reports

Thanks very much for the advice, after sending the USIT website an e-mail asking them why it wasn't working, i got an e-mail back from the general manager telling me to try register through the comprehensive package rather then the basic package and worked straight away. I have now registered through the comprehensive package but have the option to go ahead with the basic one, which I intend on doing.

Their must be some problem when trying to register through the basic package at times. So if anyone else has the same problem just e-mail or ring usit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ronan2505

RyanNolan wrote: »
    Just booked my visa for canada 2011!!

Would anyone have a rough estimate of the breakdown in the cost of flights, insurance etc..

I havnt looked at flights yet, but insurance the best I can find so far is

http://backpackertravelinsurance.ie/#

1 year, there are 2 options, €165.99 or €195.99.

Hope that helps

P.S. If you are planning on doing winter sports it comes out at €204.99 or €244.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

ronan2505 wrote: »
    P.S. If you are planning on doing winter sports it comes out at €204.99 or €244.99

I can't see it on their site easily, does that winter sports cover the entire trip or just a month?

I can't see it on their site easily, does that winter sports cover the entire trip or just a month?

For the duration of the policy, That is what I have been quoted for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Aw lads enough is enough!! Here over 3 weeks and haven't had a single night out yet!! Can't believe it! Granted I've been working since I got here and didn't stay in hostel etc but no excuse for it!! Think a Boards beers will be the only remedy - who's up for it?! I'll start a new thread...

lol.... go for a walk... is thre late night bars in van/?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ronan2505 wrote: »
    Have you still got the original email with the links on it? If so just click the second link and it will bring it up again

No, once the application has been received in france(like mine has), that link no longer works, instead giving a message "You've already downloaded the kit"

retalivity wrote: »
    No, once the application has been received in france(like mine has), that link no longer works, instead giving a message "You've already downloaded the kit"

Its in the web address that you click on,
    After php? in the link you will see 8 letters then a "=" sign. then you have your number straight after the "=" sign. It is the first "=" sign not the second.

dogsballs wrote: »
    Started the app process today, getting all the bits and bobs together.

Yeah anyone know whether the proof of funds stamped by the bank is enough or do they want a statement too, its not very clear from the thing..?

Anyone know if you need to fill out any additional docs if going to Quebec?

put both in... mini statement... and form signed by your bank account... yes ther is alot but just do as you are told.. send em all off!!!!

retalivity wrote: »
    short answer, no you dont.

look through the past few pages of this thread, or check here
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

im waiting on their reply... to see if they got my application... iec that is.. but.. they prob wil send it back to me in the post as i did not see the cover page download.. to attach to my application.. eeeekk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Well I've been posting here for over a year, might as well make my first post from Canada!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    im waiting on their reply... to see if they got my application... iec that is.. but.. they prob wil send it back to me in the post as i did not see the cover page download.. to attach to my application.. eeeekk

ya stil have tons of time, dont worry

TechnoPool wrote: »
    ya stil have tons of time, dont worry

how do you mean ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    how do you mean ??

to apply no? just in most of your posts ya seem rushed and worried that nothing will be done on time or somethings wrong!! thats all i meant pal:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

Is anyone on this thread already in Canada and applying for their second work permit?
    I'm wondering would it affect my job to go from my first visa to a new one?

to apply no? just in most of your posts ya seem rushed and worried that nothing will be done on time or somethings wrong!! thats all i meant pal:D

LOL... ah no im not... just dont want to send it back again...i mean..!! they state.. on their website.. REJECTED!!! like their mean people.. and dont give second chance.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

If anyone is organising this on their own rather than through USIT, who are people using for travel/medical insurance and what's the cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Hi BangBeater
    I've looked into Backpackers insurance and VHI worldwide (backpackers) just need to confirm hospital cover

Backapckers is 215€
    http://www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/

VHI is in the thousands so needless to say I won't be going with that option!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Rang usit a few places left, wont be able to book it until 12noon at the earliest until i get to town, i hope i wont be too late:(

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

no, i wouldnt even put that in

had the mumps myself years ago

Re: TechnoPool
    Don't the Canadian authorities check for false information on applications?
    If I don't put it in and they check my medical history on my application it surely would be rejected straight away.

Did you apply for a Canadian visa yourself and not include it in your application?

All usit visas for Canada are gone, went to apply at 12.10 and they were all gone, this is just great:mad: i only found out that i could get a second year visa last night and i didn't have money in my card until i went to the bank this morning, typical just my freaking luck, trapped in this country for another bloody year now:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Jonjo did you try the direct route through the IEC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Hi Guys Q6 on the application forms: [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
    6] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Name, address and relationship to any person(s) I will visit or name and address of any institution I will visit:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]I left this blank as I don't intend to visit anyone or any institution is that correct???
    [/FONT][/FONT]

Jonjo did you try the direct route through the IEC?

No but will have to now, just put in for my Garda check today. Any of ye guys think im too late to apply by next week?

You might as well, all it will cost you is the price of the stamps and passport photos..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 durrrrr

I wont be able to apply for my visa until about the start of april as I wont have the money in my bank account until then...would you say there will still be some of the 5000 visas left by then? Or will it be too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Could you not get someone in your family or a close friend who has the money to fill out the 'third party form' to put through with the application then save like crazy to have the money yourself by the time you go ?

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Could you not get someone in your family or a close friend who has the money to fill out the 'third party form' to put through with the application then save like crazy to have the money yourself by the time you go ?

Ye I did think about that but I dont think its a runner to be honest. Would you say there'll still be visas if I apply in april?

It's hard to know there does seem to be a rush on Visas at present.
    It may even out to a trickle and there may be a number that get rejected so there maybe a few remaining at that stage, but it is really a how long is a piece of string kind of question
    All that can be done is to keep an eye for updates on the website.
    Else keep saving and go next year with twice as much!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

I wish I knew. There seems to be a lot of interest in them & only time will tell how quickly they will go. Keep your chin up !

• Advertisement

It's hard to know there does seem to be a rush on Visas at present.
    It may even out to a trickle and there may be a number that get rejected so there maybe a few remaining at that stage, but it is really a how long is a piece of string kind of question
    All that can be done is to keep an eye for updates on the website.
    Else keep saving and go next year with twice as much!

Well how long did it take for all the visas to be taken last year? That would be some sort of guideline. Also how long is a piece of string?

Advertisement