Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

'Twice as long as from the middle to one of its ends'

Last year the unallocated visas from other countries were given to Ireland & there were still some available up until the Summer. However, please remember that times have changed & lots of people want to leave Ireland now. Moreover, the rules have changed so that people can apply for a second year, bring partners & even bring their children. To be honest, I think there will be great interest in them with lots of people applying. I wish I could say differently & give you better news but . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 durrrrr

Demo2011 wrote: »
    'Twice as long as from the middle to one of its ends'

Last year the unallocated visas from other countries were given to Ireland & there were still some available up until the Summer. However, please remember that times have changed & lots of people want to leave Ireland now. Moreover, the rules have changed so that people can apply for a second year, bring partners & even bring their children. To be honest, I think there will be great interest in them with lots of people applying. I wish I could say differently & give you better news but . . . .

I hear ya..I think ill have to bite the bullet and book with usit and just throw away 300 Euro because you only have to pay for the deposit initially and they guarantee you a visa. I despise everything usit stand for but I need this visa..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

durrrrr wrote: »
    Well how long did it take for all the visas to be taken last year? That would be some sort of guideline. Also how long is a piece of string?

Last year IIRC the program open in early January and closed in March but further visas were released in April approx. Open to correction on this as I have a terrible memory for details but that is pretty close

It's a different game this year though because it's a new visa program with different rules

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Hi,

Are most people here going to apply directly to Paris or is everyone going through Usit? cant stand that mob so was going to aplly directly.

Also how does everyone know that theres 5000 visas available or is that just a rough estimate ?

Cheers

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    Hi,

Are most people here going to apply directly to Paris or is everyone going through Usit? cant stand that mob so was going to aplly directly.

Also how does everyone know that theres 5000 visas available or is that just a rough estimate ?

Cheers

It was was reported in the Media several times as the figure.
    I rread it somewhere on the IEC site but cant for the ife of me find the reference now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/IEC-EIC.aspx half way down the page ithe figure of 5,000 is in bold letters.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/IEC-EIC.aspx half way down the page ithe figure of 5,000 is in bold letters.

Cheers Demo! dunno how I missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Cheers for that !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

Hi i received my acknowledgement of receipt email from the IEC on Tuesday so they got my application kit anyway. Does that mean i got it in there in time considering there is only 5000 places. Do you think the IEC will make it clear when they are full? I cant stand all this waiting around not knowing whats gonna happen. Sent my application away last monday the 17th by courier post and only arrived on Tuesday!so annoyed:mad::mad::mad::mad:. Now usit are full. Do uz reckon they were given many places this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

hey paula c
    the iec has 5000 places so hopefully you'll get one, they only received my application on friday.
    i just hope we hear back soon if we actually got accepted. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

I applied directly to Paris for the IEC visa there the other day. I got an e-mail back saying the application had been received and that the whole process should take 8 weeks. I think it will probably be quicker than this as it says to contact them if it goes over the 8 weeks so it would seem to be me that they expect to send out the visa in a shorter time!

I am currently living in Canada (Toronto) and want to add a year to my visa. I should be able to apply for a lobger visa then during the next year. I have a job in Toronto currently but they are unsure as to whether they can offer me a long term position to allow me to apply for a Labour Market Opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Sold out? Already?!

What are the chances of getting one the direct route?

This ain't good news at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Usits only had 1/3 of the allocation and they didn't sell out til 12 yest so the direct route if you have all your documents might be worth a try- get em in the post asap- Direct route have 4,000 allocated to them and they are only open just over a week so I wouldn't give up hope yet. I only sent my forms yesterday as the Garda station forgot to send on the Garda Cert but I reckon should still be ok if all the forms are filled out correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

the website does say...14,000 visas in red bold...

http://www.international.gc.ca/canada-europa/france/jeunesse-youth/programme_mobilite-mobility_program-en.asp

maby it has changed to 5,000... ?

DURRR.. maby try get thrid party.. just to fill your bank account.. upt to 2,350 or whatever it is. then you can give it back..

and .. the people the check the applications. i think.. are away till next week....

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    the website does say...14,000 visas in red bold...

http://www.international.gc.ca/canada-europa/france/jeunesse-youth/programme_mobilite-mobility_program-en.asp

maby it has changed to 5,000... ?

DURRR.. maby try get thrid party.. just to fill your bank account.. upt to 2,350 or whatever it is. then you can give it back..

and .. the people the check the applications. i think.. are away till next week....
    Thats the page for France though

Here is the Irish page Demo mentioned above

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/IEC-EIC.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

BangBeater wrote: »
    Sold out? Already?!

What are the chances of getting one the direct route?

This ain't good news at all!

Wow I knew there was a demand but this is surprising :O

Last year the programme didn't close until very late - November maybe? Usit had an allocation of 4000 Visas but many other countries didn't use up their quota and their visas were allocated to Ireland, so who knows how many visas were issued.

But if louisejscott is right and usit only had 1700 or so visas, then yes, it's possible there are still a few more spaces on the direct route. Many people are still waiting on their police cert while proof of funds was an issue for a lot of people who don't have the required $3000. I'm only posting my application today and I'm in Canada so it will take ages to get to France.

I've also joined usit's wait list to keep my options open.

People drop out the whole time through ineligibility, lack of funds and a lot of people only applied to keep their options open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Usits only had 1/3 of the allocation and they didn't sell out til 12 yest so the direct route if you have all your documents might be worth a try- get em in the post asap- Direct route have 4,000 allocated to them and they are only open just over a week so I wouldn't give up hope yet. I only sent my forms yesterday as the Garda station forgot to send on the Garda Cert but I reckon should still be ok if all the forms are filled out correctly

Why are you thinking this,the application isnt complete so theyll surely send it back?

There are approx 5000 to 6000 visa's for Ireland this year. Any figure quoted beyond that is probably another country's quota..

Does every think that 5000 visa and 1400 visas from usit will run out that fast?I went on the wait list for usit and I have to get the gaurd cert yet but that will only take a few days anyhow,Im pretty confident that it wont go that fast.

• Advertisement

Why are you thinking this,the application isnt complete so theyll surely send it back?

I think you misread Louis's post. She got the garda cert, but it delayed sending off her application.

I think they will go quickly. USIT is already sold out and was only open to people who didn't have a visa currently. Everyone with a current visa has applied directly to Paris or will be sending it very shortly..

People like yourself who are currently on a waiting list with USIT or worse will now turn to the direct application process through Paris. I don't think it will take long to fill up judging by the number of people in Canada currently who have already applied or are in the process of applying. That's my opinion anyway so I would get my application in asap and pester the gardai for the cert as it took me 3/4 weeks to get it off them last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

thats exactly what i was saying- The Garda cert delayed my application so if people are applying for Garda Cert chase them up cause they could be lying in an office somewhere like mine was

durrrrr wrote: »
    I hear ya..I think ill have to bite the bullet and book with usit and just throw away 300 Euro because you only have to pay for the deposit initially and they guarantee you a visa. I despise everything usit stand for but I need this visa..

did you register.. for direct route?

thats exactly what i was saying- The Garda cert delayed my application so if people are applying for Garda Cert chase them up cause they could be lying in an office somewhere like mine was

I got mine in 2 weeks but it was a circus.

I went in with a letter asking for a cert. They told me to send it to Limerick or somewhere. I insisted they dealt with it in the barracks. They said they would check with someone in their legal department. Then she came back out and said there was a form I had to fill out & could I call back later to collect the form because she couldn't find it. Called by later and got the form. Filled it out and handed it back in (we're talking 3 visits to the barracks at this stage!)

A week later I phoned them up to ask them had they dealt with it. The guy in the superintendent's office had no idea where the form was. He took my number and phoned me back (he found out the front desk sent it to the wrong department).

I received the police cert 2 days later. They completed it, signed it, but forgot to stamp it. I went into the front desk and asked them to stamp it, but he stamped it the current date rather than the date on the form.

I sent everything off to usit, but it came back saying the dates must match. I took the form to the gardai and explained what happened. A few days later I received the form, duly completed.

It took 4 gardai, the superintendent's clerk, the superintendent and a legal expert in the garda station.. but I eventually got the police cert within 2 weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    It took 4 gardai, the superintendent's clerk, the superintendent and a legal expert in the garda station.. but I eventually got the police cert within 2 weeks.

No wonder people want to get out of here:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I think they will go quickly. USIT is already sold out and was only open to people who didn't have a visa currently. Everyone with a current visa has applied directly to Paris or will be sending it very shortly..

People like yourself who are currently on a waiting list with USIT or worse will now turn to the direct application process through Paris. I don't think it will take long to fill up judging by the number of people in Canada currently who have already applied or are in the process of applying. That's my opinion anyway so I would get my application in asap and pester the gardai for the cert as it took me 3/4 weeks to get it off them last year!

I hear you but do i think it will take someone applying from Canada longer as they have to get a new Garda cert as it only lasts a year so that in effect will hold them up weeks.

Why cant you apply on the usit ystem if you where on it before,it doesnt say anything about it on the usit page?

Why cant you apply on the usit ystem if you where on it before,it doesnt say anything about it on the usit page?

Not to those who were on it before, to those who are currently on the U35 visa is what I said. i.e. people who went through USIT last eyar like myself and who still have a period of time remaining on their visa. My visa doesn't expire until May so according to USIT, I can't apply through them until that point when the visa expires. It says that on their website and I checked it with them also

• Advertisement

Not to those who were on it before, to those who are currently on the U35 visa is what I said. i.e. people who went through USIT last eyar like myself and who still have a period of time remaining on their visa. My visa doesn't expire until May so according to USIT, I can't apply through them until that point when the visa expires. It says that on their website and I checked it with them also

does this mean you have to come home ?? ...

Advertisement