Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    does this mean you have to come home ?? ...

It's still possible to apply direct without having to come home.
    The only issue I can see is the ability to obtain a garda police cert when you're away from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

does this mean you have to come home ?? ...

From what I understand, I can cross the border into the US and re-enter with the new visa. I plan on going home though for a week or so to see family/friends so it won't bother me too much anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    It's still possible to apply direct without having to come home.
    The only issue I can see is the ability to obtain a garda police cert when you're away from Ireland.

I had my cert scanned over and I posted to Paris directly from here last week. It says they will request originals if they feel it is necessary but that is unlikely I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

haha god bless the country stations

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

TechnoPool wrote: »
    to apply no? just in most of your posts ya seem rushed and worried that nothing will be done on time or somethings wrong!! thats all i meant pal:D

still deciding toronto/van ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If I apply and I'm lucky enough to get a visa, how long is the visa valid for before I have to enter Canada?

I heard I have a year but I'm not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 love boat captain

still deciding toronto/van ...

i live in toronto so i guess ill have to biased, all the canadian lads i work with say vancouver is a beautiful city but thats where the flattery ends, they said its very expensive, the pubs lack any atmosphere and the locals can be unfriendly but sure there always gona say that seeing as there from toronto i guess, prob plenty people on here that would say the opposite.
    i do know that local economy in toronto is much stronger than vancouver so your work opportunities would be far greater...

I had my cert scanned over and I posted to Paris directly from here last week. It says they will request originals if they feel it is necessary but that is unlikely I think

Great to hear, thanks! I photocopied my cert dated June 2010 and put it in the application pack.

I've popped my application in the post today. The express post cost $54 (4-5 days) but I went with economy for $7 (5-7 days). Hopefully it arrives on time.

i live in toronto so i guess ill have to biased, all the canadian lads i work with say vancouver is a beautiful city but thats where the flattery ends, they said its very expensive, the pubs lack any atmosphere and the locals can be unfriendly but sure there always gona say that seeing as there from toronto i guess, prob plenty people on here that would say the opposite.
    i do know that local economy in toronto is much stronger than vancouver so your work opportunities would be far greater...

LOL.. yeah i know. i have done research on ... type of jobs i want. seems to be more in toronto.... bbut biotech.. which is what i do... vancouver is the centre of this .. so idk... will i be affected... LOL.. i prob can go anywhere..

Fromvert wrote: »
    If I apply and I'm lucky enough to get a visa, how long is the visa valid for before I have to enter Canada?

I heard I have a year but I'm not sure.

em.... once you enter ... canada. it starts day one.. then for one year.. apply asap...

• Advertisement

em.... once you enter ... canada. it starts day one.. then for one year.. apply asap...

Yeah but when I get my visa how long do I have before I can no longer enter Canada with it.

If I get my visa in April can I wait until October before I leave. Could I even wait until 2012?

Yeah but when I get my visa how long do I have before I can no longer enter Canada with it.

If I get my visa in April can I wait until October before I leave. Could I even wait until 2012?

up till end of year begining .... janurary 31th i presume.. as in last deadline day to book your official canada flights that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Just got a refusal email from the embassy earlier on the grounds of "certain requisite information and/or documents are missing". I swear I had everything in order, checked it many times, had someone else check it. I have no idea what the problem may be. I had everything on the checklist. Supposedly they are returning it to me in the post. Frustrating!!

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Just got a refusal email from the embassy earlier on the grounds of "certain requisite information and/or documents are missing". I swear I had everything in order, checked it many times, had someone else check it. I have no idea what the problem may be. I had everything on the checklist. Supposedly they are returning it to me in the post. Frustrating!!

are you able to send it back to them ...

You have to wait until you receive the information from them on what error you made, then reapply. Hopefully there will be spaces left. Very angry about it. I'll be a few weeks behind everyone now.

Ooh, damn. I was hoping they kept your file open while outstanding documentation was gathered. Needless to say, by the time they send it back and you return it it might be too late :O

I only provided a copy of the police cert. Someone else said a copy should be fine and since mine is dated June 2010 and I arrived here in November 2010 I'm hoping they don't reject my file and say I need to provide an original.

Did you make a copy of your application? Have a look through it and make sure you signed it in the 6 places which required a signature.

Did you include 2 copies of the application form, 2 passport photos, a photocopy of your passport, and a recent copy of your cv?

You have to wait until you receive the information from them on what error you made, then reapply. Hopefully there will be spaces left. Very angry about it. I'll be a few weeks behind everyone now.

yeah .. reapply.. im sure your place is kept then.. like ID number

The email says your file is closed, and you will need a new number to apply. Specifically says not to reapply with the same number.

I had the original garda cert, 2 copies of the application, passport photos, checklist, CV, signatures etc etc. Everything that was asked. I can't think what the issue was.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Proof of funds documents ? Also, had you signed & dated everything correctly ?

Yes, I definitely had all the documents required on the checklist! Checked it many times. It must have been some technicality, I can't imagine what else it could be. Something filled in incorrectly or something, I really don't know. I'll probably have to wait a few days now to get the feedback from them in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 durrrrr

did you register.. for direct route?

I put my name on the waiting list with USIT but I didnt apply directly to Paris as I dont have the funds now so there is no point

That's terrible, I am so sorry. When had you sent it in ? I must admit that I am now worried myself as to any mistakes I may have made. This is awful - I feel for your pain.

I sent it on the monday, the day before it opened I think, and they received it on the wednesday. I had my stuff in order, so I thought. I definitely had everything on the list, but there must have been something I filled in wrong or something somewhere. Grr. Wish I didn't have to wait until probably next week to see what was wrong.

Demo2011 wrote: »
    That's terrible, I am so sorry. When had you sent it in ? I must admit that I am now worried myself as to any mistakes I may have made. This is awful - I feel for your pain.

yeah.. see.. its easy to make mistakes... they dont make some things clear ..

No, not at all. I emailed them to clarify a few things...but nothing back.

No, not at all. I emailed them to clarify a few things...but nothing back.

I think there FAQ basically says they won't respond to queries regarding applications within 8 weeks of applying.

The fact that yours has been rejected probably means they figure you'll get the reply in the post soon enough.

Nightmare !! Jimmybeige will you let us know what went wrong once you get the letter ?

Demo2011 wrote: »

demo... worried also .... eeeek LOL

Trying to download my application kit but nothing is opening in my Adobe Reader.

Anyone else have problems with this? Anyone know any solutions?

• Advertisement

Trying to download my application kit but nothing is opening in my Adobe Reader.

Anyone else have problems with this? Anyone know any solutions?

Use internet explorer to download it, and upgrade your adobe reader.
    If you get any yellow bars across either IE or adobe, click "allow"

Advertisement