Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Super stuff, just switched to IE and it worked.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Nightmare !! Jimmybeige will you let us know what went wrong once you get the letter ?

Yea I'll keep everyone updated alright. Frustrated about the whole thing at the moment as it will be next week before I can start again, but I'll let everyone know once I get the letter from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

did everyone just give two passport photo's or was it 4 altogether?? like you no the way u had to give two copies of the 3 page application well did ye put the passport photos on each copy????

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Jimmybeige,

Can i ask which document you sent through as proof of funds ? Did you get the form stamped ? Did you use the third party option ? Or did you get something from the bank?

T002....
    In terms of photos I think it was only 2 that were to be stapled to the first copy of the application.

Jimmybeige,

Can i ask which document you sent through as proof of funds ? Did you get the form stamped ? Did you use the third party option ? Or did you get something from the bank?

T002....
    In terms of photos I think it was only 2 that were to be stapled to the first copy of the application.

I took the proof of funds form in the application kit, and got it filled in and stamped by the bank.

In relation to the passport photos, I added 2 to the application and 2 to the application copy just in case. Tried to cover all angles!

• Advertisement

jimmybeige

did u fill absolutely everything online except where u had to put ur signature??
    stupid question but just incase.. i nearly got caught with the employment section, i was writing it in pen until i copped on!!!!!

Jimmybeige, my heart goes out to you. This is terrible. I hope they let you know soon. If it's not the photos, the Garda cert, the bank stuff or signatures etc it beats me what it could be. I wonder has anyone else had a similar problem ?

t00024894 wrote: »
    jimmybeige

did u fill absolutely everything online except where u had to put ur signature??
    stupid question but just incase.. i nearly got caught with the employment section, i was writing it in pen until i copped on!!!!!

Actually I don't know if this is an issue, but, I had to fill in a couple of things using a pen as they would not allow me to type it in the PDF doc. It states in the FAQ that you can use a pen if you need to, just to ensure it is clear.

The only examples of this I have is the tick boxes, where is you ticked one, all of the boxes ticked. I had to fill these out with a pen as a result. Also my nationality, that cell was locked on the PDF so I filled in with a pen. I don't think this should be an issue, as I mentioned, it states clearly in the FAQs that you can use a pen if needed.

ya it does say you can use pen as long as its legible, and if you definitly checked all the boxes then that should be ok, omg its so frustrating not knowing!!! i wish we were able track it online or something.
    u definitly put in ur cv ya??

Not that I have a clue what I did wrong, but just looking back over the document now, the checklist that needs to be attached at the end, completed, dated and signed. It has a list of what seems to be square bullet points. Are these actually boxes to be checked? If so, I did not check them. I just attached everything on the checklist and signed and dated it.

Did others tick these boxes/square bullets? It seems obvious now that these are actually checkboxes, but they weren't editable on the PDF so I just assumed they were just the bullets for a list.

• Advertisement

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Not that I have a clue what I did wrong, but just looking back over the document now, the checklist that needs to be attached at the end, completed, dated and signed. It has a list of what seems to be square bullet points. Are these actually boxes to be checked? If so, I did not check them. I just attached everything on the checklist and signed and dated it.

Did others tick these boxes/square bullets? It seems obvious now that these are actually checkboxes, but they weren't editable on the PDF so I just assumed they were just the bullets for a list.

ya they all need to be ticked.
    actually sorry im thinking of the declaration form, did u defintly tick those boxes?? im not sure if the checklist would defintly need to be ticked.

That is sickening. Like I said, it seems obvious now, but it just looked like a list to me. Thought I just had to sign it. Grrr. Oh well, guess I just have to start again if there are still places.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

jimmybeige wrote: »

ya i ticked them more as a check over for myself.

i doubt they would refuse you over that.

very sorry to hear you got refused, looking at your posts you did everything the same as me inlcuding writing in certain boxes and 4 photos. i sent mine off on the monday too and got the receipt email on thursday.

can i ask what day you got the receipt email? watching my email like a hawk now today

Receipt 20 Jan. Rejection email 27th.

ya as LuckyG said surely they wont refuse you because of that, if it was the declaration page then maybe, but not the checklist, like they'll no you have everything if they go through it..

ohmygod PANIC STATIONS :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It could be something else entirely. It's just the only thing that sticks out at me. I was quite thorough with most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

http://www.international.gc.ca/canada-europa/france/jeunesse-youth/pvt-whp-en.asp

7000 PLACES !!!

DOES ANY ONE THINK THIS WILL BE OPEN AGAIN IN MARCH??

That's the French site for French people. Look at the Irish site where the program is still open.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

That's the French site for French people. Look at the Irish site where the program is still open.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

oh sorry.. my appalogies.. keep gettin mixed up.. jimmybeige.. register again.. to reapply!! :) asap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

hey jimmy beige,sorry to hear you got rejected! just wondering if you sent in the form that has "warning misrepresentation is a criminal offence" on the top of it! it doesnt ask for it in the checklist but you have to sign at the bottom!

• Advertisement

beano345 wrote: »
    hey jimmy beige,sorry to hear you got rejected! just wondering if you sent in the form that has "warning misrepresentation is a criminal offence" on the top of it! it doesnt ask for it in the checklist but you have to sign at the bottom!

Hey beano,
    I just noticed that. There seems to be 2 versions of the checklist. The one I sent didn't have the "warning misrepresentation is a criminal offence" on the checklist therefore I don't think I attached it.

I see this is now on the checklist though. This could definitely be the reason for my rejection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

DOH! ya, they would definitely refuse for not having that.

least you know now though, maybe get another one off today without waiting for the other to be returned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

i didnt see it on my checklist but went through the download kit ands it the page after the section additional information so i just put it behind it in my application! i wouldnt stress about your refusal just reapply!!

LuckyG wrote: »
    DOH! ya, they would definitely refuse for not having that.

least you know now though, maybe get another one off today without waiting for the other to be returned?

Yea, well I'm not positive it was that to be honest. If the form was there, there is a chance I included it, I really can't recall.

I'd say it would be a bit dangerous to reapply without waiting to see why exactly it failed as it could be something completely different. Next week it is I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 RyanNolan

I've booked my visa through USIT for Canada 2011 and i am hoping to get a part time job in Vancouver for the summer. Any suggestions on how i go about looking for one?

RyanNolan wrote: »
    I've booked my visa through USIT for Canada 2011 and i am hoping to get a part time job in Vancouver for the summer. Any suggestions on how i go about looking for one?

try craigslist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'm on the waiting list with usit since the start of this week, is there still a decent chance of me gettin in or am i pretty much screwed at this stage?
    Sorry if this has been asked before, looked back through the thread a bit and couldn't find anything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

I thought that form misrepresentation is a criminal offence was a declaration form maybe.you know on the checklist it mentions 2declaration forms.which forms were they?one of them was the one wer u had to tick the boxes but which was the other declaration form?

I thought that form "misrepresentation is a criminal offence"etc was a declaration form maybe.you know on the checklist it mentions 2declaration forms.which forms were they?one of them was the one wer u had to tick the boxes but which was the other declaration form?i was confused bout that but i jus printed off everything and filled it in.thats all u can do and they only needed 2photos

• Advertisement

Sorry didn mean to post that twice

Advertisement