Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

den1982 wrote: »
    cheers jimmy...did you get any reason from them as to why they refused yours ???? like does anyone know would they pick say a more skilled person or a ordinary unemployed person......or is it first come first serve(all paperwork being right) ????

They didn't give a reason. They just said to wait until I get it back int he post and it would say on it.. That could take weeks!

There is no bias over skilled versus unskilled. It's a straight up first come first served with the paperwork being right and no criminal record I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

They didn't give a reason. They just said to wait until I get it back int he post and it would say on it.. That could take weeks!

There is no bias over skilled versus unskilled. It's a straight up first come first served with the paperwork being right and no criminal record I suppose..

ah sorry to here that..all the best anyway;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

den1982 wrote: »
    ah sorry to here that..all the best anyway;)

No bother! I'm not beaten yet!

good man, thats the right attitude !!!! keep the head up:)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

Cool, thanks! I'm now convinced this was why I was rejected! I think you would have been refused by now if they were going to as it only took them 2 days to give me the boot!
    Good luck with the rest of it!

2 days ? when did they recieve it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    Well one person posting here already found out it's because he didn't tick the boxes on the declaration.

I'm been filling up the thread with crap about why I might be rejected, but I haven't actually been rejected yet.

There's nothing you can do til you get the email and that won't be for another few weeks. Just relax. Sign up for usit's waiting list too as I have a feeling a lot of their applicants will drop out. There are also other programmes such as the go4less visa which might be available to you if you don't get the IEC one.

If that referring to me, I ticked everything in the declaration. It was the checklist that I didn't check as they just looked like bullets and couldn't be checked on the PDF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Looks like it's off to England this summer then! :mad:

All of you reading this with parents paying for it, keep in mind how *lucky* you are, and spare a thought for us saps who have to earn & pay ourselves.

With an attitude like that you probably wouldn't have lasted long in Canada either... you're really on your own over here until you get your first job and that can take some persistence and initiative.

All you need to apply is either €2250 in the bank (which may be borrowed, max out your credit card or get a loan from a friend to inflate your bank balance for one day!) or get someone to complete the third-party proof of funds form for you.

You don't even need the $150 fee upfront until your application is accepted.

Looks like it's off to England this summer then! :mad:

All of you reading this with parents paying for it, keep in mind how *lucky* you are, and spare a thought for us saps who have to earn & pay ourselves.

bad attitude...myself and my buddies have sold everything we can to try make the money, doin any sh*t jobs to scrape the dosh.......

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

jimmybeige wrote: »
    If that referring to me, I ticked everything in the declaration. It was the checklist that I didn't check as they just looked like bullets and couldn't be checked on the PDF.

But did you send on the 'Warning , misrepresentation . . . ' document?. Jimmybeige, I have been thinking of you since I read your post & I must admit I am baffled (& rather worried) about what happened to you. Have you had any other ideas as to what it could be ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just got a email from Usit im in the top ten on the waiting list so just missed it, i am reasonable confident that i will get a place later in the year.

• Advertisement

Just got a email from Usit im in the top ten on the waiting list so just missed it, i am reasonable confident that i will get a place later in the year.

Congrats!

Many of the people who registered online will get a phone-call looking for the registration fee and decide they changed their mind.

Attitude? No one's giving me a living.

I'm about to board a Citylink bus at 2.15am to get to work at 5am on a weekend. (I sleep on the bus)

I have had to pay off a credit card & loan debt for the past 3 years. I couldn't finish college because of them. Every cent in my pocket in Canada will be owed to no one.

I'll get out of this country, and I'll make my way somewhere. I would have preferred it to be Canada, but the numbers say "X, Y and Z need to be paid for before you go anywhere or do anything. That's going to happen this March, but until then, everything else can f*ck off. Missing a deadline? Tough sh*t. Change your plans."

The waiting time went from 3 years, to 2, to one, to a few months away. I can't afford to apply for a passport, I can't afford to pay for anything, until mid-March. After that, I'm laughing & saving.

Plan A is Canada. Plan B is Britain. I'll just have to apply in mid march and see. If I get there, I get there, if I don't then so be it.

Attitude? No one's giving me a living.

I'm about to board a Citylink bus at 2.15am to get to work at 5am on a weekend. (I sleep on the bus)

I have had to pay off a credit card & loan debt for the past 3 years. I couldn't finish college because of them. Every cent in my pocket in Canada will be owed to no one.

I'll get out of this country, and I'll make my way somewhere. I would have preferred it to be Canada, but the numbers say "X, Y and Z need to be paid for before you go anywhere or do anything. That's going to happen this March, but until then, everything else can f*ck off. Missing a deadline? Tough sh*t. Change your plans."

The waiting time went from 3 years, to 2, to one, to a few months away. I can't afford to apply for a passport, I can't afford to pay for anything, until mid-March. After that, I'm laughing & saving.

Plan A is Canada. Plan B is Britain. I'll just have to apply in mid march and see. If I get there, I get there, if I don't then so be it.

A passport only costs €80. That's the only expense you will have upfront.
    When your application is checked (a few weeks later) you will be asked to pay the €120 application fee within 10 days.

You don't need either insurance or tickets for a full year after getting your letter of introduction.

Stop being so begrudging just because some people's parents decided to help them out. As it happens, my parents gave me some money but I haven't spent it, it's only emergency money and I don't intend to spend it! I went with usit last year and I saved all the money myself, as have many other people I met here.

Hmm, I can see how my 1st comment on the last post can be thought as snarky to parents. Just to be clear, I don't begrudge anyone their family, the aid they can get from such or their upbringing, It's life's big lottery who we're born to (And I'm thankful for mine). My point was I'd hope that whatever help people got to get abroad would be appreciated all the more for knowing it's not everyone that gets it. I thought the attitude thing was people saying I thought I was owed a living, not me being snarky to people with parent's help! Beg, borrow or stealborrow. However you get there, go get there!

Just 80 before filling the form? well that's alright, still leaves me waiting until Monday week to get started, but it's a great improvement!

To every one of you, no matter the circumstances, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

hey just wondering did they want 2 copies of the declaration form?? . plus one copy of the missrepresentation form?

and did they want.. the month and the year in the employment section? how many times can you reapply.. once??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    hey just wondering did they want 2 copies of the declaration form?? . plus one copy of the missrepresentation form?

and did they want.. the month and the year in the employment section? how many times can you reapply.. once??

i think they wanted two of the declaration form and the mirepresentation form is part of the additional information section! i just put down the years for employment! havent heard back from them yet and it arrived 20th of january!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

i only gave one copy of declaration form and one of the misrepresentation form !!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

t00024894 wrote: »
    i only gave one copy of declaration form and one of the misrepresentation form !!!!!!!!! :eek:

that is all they wanted. look at checklist.

LuckyG wrote: »
    that is all they wanted. look at checklist.

em... yeah it does say that.. but in the check list to tick of the boxes it does say.. a seond 3 page IEC-form :

:with the declaration form ... so this would be a second copy.. you not think...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭LuckyG

em... yeah it does say that.. but in the check list to tick of the boxes it does say.. a seond 3 page IEC-form :

:with the declaration form ... so this would be a second copy.. you not think...

so where then does it ask for the misrep form? i agree, it is misleading on the checklist but the fact they must ask for both forms and they ask for two forms the forms must be different, no?

• Advertisement

LuckyG wrote: »
    so where then does it ask for the misrep form? i agree, it is misleading on the checklist but the fact they must ask for both forms and they ask for two forms the forms must be different, no?

the missrepresentation form.. the visa form and the IEC dec form.. are different yes.. em.. well im not sure if 2 copies were required. only 2 copies they did specify was the 3 - page IEC application forms.. my god!! their not being fair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

ya but they say it there in black and white a second "3" page IEC form and the declaration form isnt in those 3 pages.

i hope...

this is what it has on my checklist:
    the visa section "declaration form",duly completed,signed and dated.

then the very last box asks for:
    the iec declaration form.

now im presuming you have to send two copies since its the only form with declaration form on the top of it. not confusing at all at all :confused:

t00024894 wrote: »
    ya but they say it there in black and white a second "3" page IEC form and the declaration form isnt in those 3 pages.

i hope...

ok i read it again... yeah no.. its only one copy of the IEC dec form.. and one of the visa sectioning... missrepresentaion form.. !! anyway.. they are prob fussy!! even if i do have everything!! w.e to them!! and also.. i see that some application form kits. include everything.. all rewuirements.. some have like cover page and some didnt and there were also other small items not on it in some applications... anyway.. yes they really are fussy!!

beano345 wrote: »
    this is what it has on my checklist:
    the visa section "declaration form",duly completed,signed and dated.

then the very last box asks for:
    the iec declaration form.

now im presuming you have to send two copies since its the only form with declaration form on the top of it. not confusing at all at all :confused:

em... no!! i mean thats not fair... it would have to offiically have to say... 2 copies of the IEC Declaration form ....

em... no!! i mean thats not fair... it would have to offiically have to say... 2 copies of the IEC Declaration form ....

it is very confusing! but i dont see any other form with declaration form on the top! i was wrong about the mirepresentation form being part of the additional information section! it asks for the "additional information" 2-page form. so dont know were the "misreprentation" form goes! it has to be sent though cause you have to sign it!

beano345 wrote: »
    it is very confusing! but i dont see any other form with declaration form on the top! i was wrong about the mirepresentation form being part of the additional information section! it asks for the "additional information" 2-page form. so dont know were the "misreprentation" form goes! it has to be sent though cause you have to sign it!

doesnt matter where the visa sectioning form goes once its signed dated and.. included...!!

Guys, read the requirements and stop confusing things.

It's pretty clear what documentation is required if you read the check list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

Hi Jimmmy, I'm also in Canada since last May on the U35 and hoping to apply for this visa. Waiting on new Garda cert from home, I guess I should get it posted over to me so I can include the original. Let us know when you find out if that's the reason you were refused. I'm also waiting on a new passport eeekkk just hope I can pull it all off in time. Don't want to leave my job here, really wanna stay! And yes you can cross the US border to get the new visa, I rang Canada Immigration and that's what the guy told me we can do.

• Advertisement

technic-fan....please , if u know , could u clearlly point out if u needed two declaration forms or just the one???? u seem 2b up to date with info....people are freakin me out with all the confusion!!!!!:eek: cheers

Advertisement