Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

den1982 wrote: »
    technic-fan....please , if u know , could u clearlly point out if u needed two declaration forms or just the one???? u seem 2b up to date with info....people are freakin me out with all the confusion!!!!!:eek: cheers

You only need one declaration form!

There is ONE declaration form, ONE "warning, misrepresentation.." form and ONE checklist.

The only document you need two copies of is the three page application form. One of these must have 2x passport photos attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

There are definitely 2 different checklists. The one I filled in had:

"A second copy of the 3-page IEC application form, duly completed, signed, and
    dated, with:

The IEC Declaration Form"

I see the newer one has:

dated, with:
    “Proof of Funds - Candidate Form” (or bank equivalent)
    Or, if a third party is providing the funds, include:
    - “Proof of Funds - Third Party Form” (or bank equivalent)
    - Letter signed by this person
    - Photocopy of an identity document for this person, showing his/her
    signature
    The “Declaration Form” for the IEC"

They've definitely made some changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

jimmybeige wrote: »
    There are definitely 2 different checklists. The one I filled in had:

dated, with:

The IEC Declaration Form"

I see the newer one has:

dated, with:
    “Proof of Funds - Candidate Form” (or bank equivalent)
    Or, if a third party is providing the funds, include:
    - “Proof of Funds - Third Party Form” (or bank equivalent)
    - Letter signed by this person
    - Photocopy of an identity document for this person, showing his/her
    signature
    The “Declaration Form” for the IEC"

I know what you mean - but It seems to my eye that it's the same stuff but in a different order.

It sounds like you are confusing the declaration form with the checklist.

The checklist asks for the:

1. download cert,
    2. The checklist*
    3. the 3 page application form*, 2 photos, copy of passport, additional information form*, misrepresentation form*, cv, police cert
    4. a SECOND application form*, proof of funds and declaration form*.

The only document you are required to provide twice is the application form.

The *'s are the documents that require your signature.
    Sorry about the colour scheme, it's just for emphasis.

You're right, they did change the checklist.

The proof of funds form is now listed before the declaration form, rather than before the "Additional Information" form (as on the original checklist)

It really doesn't make any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Anyone take a guess at how long they'll have visas available? Should have my application in by the end of next week. Pretty worried about missing out.

PrinceMax wrote: »
    Anyone take a guess at how long they'll have visas available? Should have my application in by the end of next week. Pretty worried about missing out.

No one knows.

usit had 1/3 allocation of the 5000 visas and they sold out. A lot of people might drop out but their waiting list is over 200 at this stage. Still no harm to stick your name down if you're not already in Canada.

The remaining 3300 visas direct from the embassy in Paris will be applied for by students, graduates, the unemployed and people currently in Canada who want to stay on another year. 3300 is still a lot of people but given the low application fee people will just apply to keep their options open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Is it true that with Usit you are guaranteed your visa i.e the Embassy wont refuse you?

Is it true that with Usit you are guaranteed your visa i.e the Embassy wont refuse you?

When you apply direct, your application will be reviewed by an admin person. If you are missing any required documentation your application will be rejected. If accepted, you pay a fee. Then an immigration official reviews it before issuing you with your letter of introduction (which you need to get the work permit)

On the other hand, if you make any errors with usit they keep your file open and give you a chance to send them the amended application form / missing documents. Your application will still be reviewed by an immigration official before you get your letter of introduction so it's not guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

The IEC website is saying that it takes 8 weeks for the application process to be completed (4 weeks in Paris for the Youth Mobility Unit to confirm you're eligible for the programme and 4 weeks for the UK unit to confirm you're eligible for a work visa). Seeing how they've already began handing out refusals, do you think they're going to also hand out acceptances early or will they hold out until the full 4 weeks has passed?

I'm hoping to go as soon as possible! It also seems strange that there's only 5,000 places being allocated in the UK and 5,000 for Ireland. I'm British so obviously had to apply for that scheme... but The UK has a slightly higher population than Ireland so you'd think it would have more places available... :confused:

• Advertisement

heajaxkid, I'd say they will start issuing acceptances as soon as possible. You need to remember that thousands of people are applying and the UK unit will not review it before Paris.

I'd imagine Paris are simply refusing applications which don't have all requirements.

As for why Ireland has more visas than the UK, this is probably in part due to Ireland's worse economic situation. The canadian govt knows that many people who leave Ireland will be recent college graduates. They also don't want Irish people to be tempted to come on a tourist visa and work illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheBadBadger

I have been in toronto last year on a visa , anyone been in vancouver??.. I intend on travelling to canada again and looking for a steady engineering job. West or East for work??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

signed up for usit waiting list, but never got an email saying what number on the list i am. is that normal? i remember signing up last year and getting an email telling me this.

signed up for usit waiting list, but never got an email saying what number on the list i am. is that normal? i remember signing up last year and getting an email telling me this.

takes a few days..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Anyone going with USIT? I have a query - before sending your papers off to Paris you can get them checked with USIT. Now, according to the email they sent, after they have checked that all is correct and proper with your papers, you will then be able to book your flights - having not yet even sent your papers off they are ready to book flights? What if your not accepted for some reason? Will your flights be fully refunded?

And do USIT not send the papers themselves? I've provided the parts from the email that are relevant to the question, any help would be appreciated!
    USIT Email wrote:
    3) Before sending to the IEC in Paris please make an appointment to have your forms checked by a USIT staff member to ensure all is ‘present and correct’! We are offering this assistance at no extra charge as you chose to participate in the USIT allocation. Please note we will also be offering a photo service if required (Dublin only).
    4) Once we have established that all is in order, you may then book your flights. These may be changed at no cost (subject to availability and the rules of the airline you choose)
    5) We will then issue you with your Cover Letter of Confirmation for attachment to your completed application. This application with the accompanying USIT cover allocation letter must be sent directly to the IEC in Paris.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

You have to email them to find out what number you are, takes 2-3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Diarmuid, 24 from Limerick. I'm hoping to head to Vancouver or preferably Whistler in May/June. Going for the mountain biking really and if i get a sweet job it will be a major bonus. Travelling solo though so feel free to say hello/send me a message.

You have to email them to find out what number you are, takes 2-3 days.

no you don't, they email you automatically after you register

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

USITs are full for their allocation and they won't check papers if your doing it yourself...so basically the answers I got was a flat no.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

Has anyone received correspondence looking for payment yet?
    If so, what was the time scale between receiving the acknowledgement and the email looking for payment.
    I'm a bit worried now too that so many people are getting rejection emails. I went over and over my application before I sent it off but seems like everyone else did too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 RyanNolan

Heading to vancouver in the summer and planning on booking flights in the next few days, anyone know the cheapest option??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭littlehannah96

Do I fill in the application on screen in type and then print it off and sign?

Or can I fill the whole thing in handwriting?
    I thought I had to type it but some of the boxes dont respond when I type!

Well the embassy has returned my application. Has arrived at home so my mother had a look at the feedback from them. It seems I did indeed neglect to attach the "warning misrepresentation is a criminal offence". This form was definitely NOT mentioned in the first checklist that the IEC issued, but they have added it to the checklist since. I even remember filling that form out, but when I was putting everything together in the end as per the checklist I guess I forgot about it :( Mystery solved anyway, but disgusted at myself for leaving it out, and a the IEC for having an unfinished checklist initially.

I signed up to the Goforless.ie service earlier today. They check over your application and make sure it's in order. I'm now in two minds whether to send my application off directly again, or send it to Goforless which may hold the process up a bit as it has to go to their offices first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

no way jimmy! ah its an easy mistake to make nearly didnt send mine as it wasnt on the checklist and didnt want it rejected if i put it in! still havnt heard anyting back from them!best of luck this time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Well the embassy has returned my application. Has arrived at home so my mother had a look at the feedback from them. It seems I did indeed neglect to attach the "warning misrepresentation is a criminal offence". This form was definitely NOT mentioned in the first checklist that the IEC issued, but they have added it to the checklist since. I even remember filling that form out, but when I was putting everything together in the end as per the checklist I guess I forgot about it :( Mystery solved anyway, but disgusted at myself for leaving it out, and a the IEC for having an unfinished checklist initially.

I signed up to the Goforless.ie service earlier today. They check over your application and make sure it's in order. I'm now in two minds whether to send my application off directly again, or send it to Goforless which may hold the process up a bit as it has to go to their offices first.

thanks for letting us know jimmybeige.
    shir while u have everything now again why dont u just send it back to the embassy again tmro.

t00024894 wrote: »
    thanks for letting us know jimmybeige.
    shir while u have everything now again why dont u just send it back to the embassy again tmro.

I was thinking that, but I also signed up to the goforless service. I am very worried about forgetting something again so thinking of sending it off to them tomorrow. Not sure how long they take to look over it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Do I fill in the application on screen in type and then print it off and sign?

Or can I fill the whole thing in handwriting?
    I thought I had to type it but some of the boxes dont respond when I type!

i would say try tying as much as possible but failing that make sure ur writing is legible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Just to let ye know - I have just got an initial acceptance response from the IEC...my initial forms were scanned as accepted on the 25th Jan
    We are pleased to inform you that your application to the 2011 Canada-Ireland Working Holiday category meets the International Experience Canada (IEC) criteria and has been conditionally accepted.

In order to continue processing your application, we now ask that you pay the IEC participation fee.

The fee currently amounts to 110 EUR. Only this amount will be accepted. You have ten (10) days to make the wire transfer and upload your proof of payment via our secure online form. This wire transfer must be free of charge to the beneficiary, i.e. you must ensure that all bank fees are charged to you/the sender, not the Embassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

just got mine too it arrived 20th of january!

• Advertisement

Congrats guys, relief anyways!

Advertisement