Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

Just got my conditional acceptance too. Phew. Fingers crossed now for the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

ye just got mine aswell. Thank god.ugh..dont want to slip up wiring money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Paula C wrote: »
    ye just got mine aswell. Thank god.ugh..dont want to slip up wiring money!

anybody know anything about the proof of payment?? is it something you get off the bank then scan it inot your computer to send to the embassy:confused: i've never wire transfered money before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nahuvy

so do you just scan the paperwork you get from the bank onto your comp as proof?

I have never wired money either but the proof of payment is the link they send u in email. u fill it up and attach a word page wit ur name, date of birth,id number.its all written on the email.im jus wondering for the proof of funds it says "you must provide date of transaction and number of the account to which the transfer was made."jus wondering what account number?sorry this mit be obvious i jus want to know for sure.

• Advertisement

It doesnt say bout scanning forms from bank!?assumed u jus wrote ur details on microsoft word and attach it.but i dont know for sure!o so confused!!ahhh!o dont want to mess up at this stage of game.anyone know for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

I got one too ! So beyond delighted. What's the craic with this proof stuff though ? I am thinking it's something from the bank that you scan in . That's the only thing I can think of just now. Good luck to everyone waiting & to those still applying ! It's stressful but I think it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spartacus 109

Hi I applied to USIT on Monday and got confirmation off them that i had been accepted, i have all the relevant forms more or less ready to go as in the IEC forms what i'm wondering is how long do i have to apply? It will be at least another 2 weeks before I will be able to send my application to the embassy as i'm waiting on a new passport to come back so I can get the relevant information of that eg passport number, i applied for the passport express so i'm hoping it will arrive some time next week,i'm also hoping to get all my forms checked next week by USIT, Does anyone know if I am doing all this to late :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Hi I applied to USIT on Monday and got confirmation off them that i had been accepted, i have all the relevant forms more or less ready to go as in the IEC forms what i'm wondering is how long do i have to apply? It will be at least another 2 weeks before I will be able to send my application to the embassy as i'm waiting on a new passport to come back so I can get the relevant information of that eg passport number, i applied for the passport express so i'm hoping it will arrive some time next week,i'm also hoping to get all my forms checked next week by USIT, Does anyone know if I am doing all this to late :confused:

usit reserve you a place. they may still impose deadlines (and keep hurrying you for payment) but last year you had a full month after your place was reserved to get them all documentation. After they submitted everything to the embassy, your visa would be issued within 4-8 weeks. Once your visa was ready you had only 10 or so days to submit details of your flights and insurance, unless you booked flights and insurance through usit in which case you could take your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gra111

hey,
    what did ye put down for province on the application for the application kit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

Demo2011 wrote: »
    I got one too ! So beyond delighted. What's the craic with this proof stuff though ? I am thinking it's something from the bank that you scan in . That's the only thing I can think of just now. Good luck to everyone waiting & to those still applying ! It's stressful but I think it will be worth it.

hey there. im recieved my email lookin for the money today aswell ....so delighted...:D im just googlin wire transfers to understand it a bit more but anyone with more info on this id say we'd all appreciate it.ive not clicked on the link yet til im sure...but the brief idea i have is the banks actually have to do it for u so u prob give them the details. but ill keep googlin;)

has anyone clicked on the link from their e-mail asking to pay the 110 ???????

was just talking to a friend of mine who deals with proof of payments and he reckons you scan whatever you get off the bank with the info they require in the email on it and submit that to them! basically it all goes into one big bank account and they just need proof that you made your payment!

beano345 wrote: »
    was just talking to a friend of mine who deals with proof of payments and he reckons you scan whatever you get off the bank with the info they require in the email on it and submit that to them! basically it all goes into one big bank account and they just need proof that you made your payment!

have u clicked on the link on ur e-mail???? im afraid to till i know .im like u ,never done anythin like this

den1982 wrote: »
    have u clicked on the link on ur e-mail???? im afraid to till i know .im like u ,never done anythin like this
    lol yeah it just goes to a page were you fill in your details and upload your proof of payment!!

lol yeah it just goes to a page were you fill in your details and upload your proof of payment!!

cheers.think ill ring the bank first thing in the mornin and suss them out..hoping they will say come in and they will do the lot...dont want to fall now that im at the last hurdle......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

so do we get something stamped by the bank

im scared to click it :eek::eek::eek:

t00024894 wrote: »
    so do we get something stamped by the bank

im scared to click it :eek::eek::eek:

id say so ive never seen a proof of payment form just have the details they request in the email on it!your first and last names, your date of birth and your identification number (ID), as indicated on your Download Certificate It must also be legible, clearly showing the date of the transaction and the number of the account to which the transfer was made.! i dont think the cia are gonna be watchin the link:cool: go on click it you know you want too:P

id say so ive never seen a proof of payment form just have the details they request in the email on it!your first and last names, your date of birth and your identification number (ID), as indicated on your Download Certificate It must also be legible, clearly showing the date of the transaction and the number of the account to which the transfer was made.! i dont think the cia are gonna be watchin the link:cool: go on click it you know you want too:P

LOL
    right so we go to the bank tmoro give em this thing to do whatever with and then is it a case of load it up to the email and send it off...

that link is gonna give me a nervous breakdown :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

t00024894 wrote: »
    LOL
    right so we go to the bank tmoro give em this thing to do whatever with and then is it a case of load it up to the email and send it off...

that link is gonna give me a nervous breakdown :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

im still 50/50 on it might just print out the email not the download link page ,bring it down to the bank and show them it and let them do what they do! hopefully someone will have more info by then!! dont wanna mess it up!

• Advertisement

im still 50/50 on it might just print out the email not the download link page ,bring it down to the bank and show them it and let them do what they do! hopefully someone will have more info by then!! dont wanna mess it up!

ya thats exactly what im thinking. easiest and safest options:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

got mine too....and down to the bank tomorrow.
    the wire transfer seems straightforward enough...just get the bank to give you
    a printout or receipt of the transaction, scan it, upload it, and send it on.

hopefully....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

Also got my conditional offer. Wahoo!
    gra111 wrote: »
    hey,
    what did ye put down for province on the application for the application kit?

I put Quebec because that's where I thought I'd be going first... but it'll actually be Ontario. They probably just collect it for data purposes. Don't worry, it won't affect your travel in any way.

I know this is jumping ahead a bit but assuming my payment gets accepted and I get through the next stage, are the embassy going to look for my actual passport before issuing the visa?

My friend is getting married abroad in April and I dont want to send off my passport before that.

Teebco wrote: »
    I know this is jumping ahead a bit but assuming my payment gets accepted and I get through the next stage, are the embassy going to look for my actual passport before issuing the visa?

My friend is getting married abroad in April and I dont want to send off my passport before that.

i wouldnt say so.. shir what would they want it for?
    they have a copy of passport details..

Because when I went to Oz and NZ they needed my passport so they could stick the actual visa into it. I had to send it away for about 2 weeks I think. Just presumed this would be the same.

Because when I went to Oz and NZ they needed my passport so they could stick the actual visa into it. I had to send it away for about 2 weeks I think. Just presumed this would be the same.

oh...
    right im actally not sure so.. maybe if u ring the embassy they'll tell you..
    there is a dublin number on the website.

Actually maybe you dont have to send your passport. I just re read the application form and looks like you just get your visa when you get to Canada.

Formalities at the Point Of Entry (Customs)
    Your work permit will be issued at the point of entry to Canada upon presentation of the following
    documents:
    • Letter of Introduction,
    • Passport,
    • Proof of insurance, and
    • Proof of funds or a recent bank statement (issued within the last 3 months).
    Your letter of introduction will be valid for 12 months from its date of issue. It will indicate the deadline
    before which you must present yourself at a Canadian point of entry in order to obtain your work permit

Guys i jus noticed that wen ur attaching your proof of purchase make sure you have it saved as a pdf.it says it in the email link.you wouldnt want to send it and them not being able to open your it or read it.there seems to be a few going to bank today cud u let us know how u get on and if its easy enough to get receipt from bank wit all ur details on it.how long would it take to wire money internationally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Actually maybe you dont have to send your passport. I just re read the application form and looks like you just get your visa when you get to Canada.

Formalities at the Point Of Entry (Customs)
    Your work permit will be issued at the point of entry to Canada upon presentation of the following
    documents:
    • Letter of Introduction,
    • Passport,
    • Proof of insurance, and
    • Proof of funds or a recent bank statement (issued within the last 3 months).
    Your letter of introduction will be valid for 12 months from its date of issue. It will indicate the deadline
    before which you must present yourself at a Canadian point of entry in order to obtain your work permit

yes you will get it stamped into your passport on arrival in canada.

Advertisement