Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 s jum

Hi all,i have only sent my garda clearance form off last week,for travelling to canada in the summer.I am however getting quite anxious now though as i hear that apparently there might not be enough visas to go around??I was just wondering if you guys could shed some light on this for me?There is way too many websites out there&so far i havent found an appropiate site to tell me what the situation is??Any recommendations would be much appreciated:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Hi S Jum- from what I gather there are 6,000 visas total. Usit were allocated 1/3 i.e. 2,000 and they sold out last Wednesday. They are however taking names on the waiting list. USIT will charge you 300€ to complete the forms and you will still have to pay the additinal 110€ embassey fee. However if USIT accept your application then you definately have a visa assuming you pass all the police checks.

You can do it yourself which I assume you have already started if not the site is: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng this is on a 1st come 1st served basis for the remaining visas and costs only €110. Yes there does appear to be high demand this year however all you can do is try and keep an eye on the website.

In addition if all the countries do not use there full allocation then in the summer there is usually a re-issue of the remaining visa. This is however dependent on the year in question.

If anyone thinks I have this wrong though please correct me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

Ye that seems right. Well lads has anyone been to bank yet?how did u get on?did u wire money over ok.get a receipt wit all ur details!eg date of birth and name and reference number.gona send mine off tomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 s jum

Thanks Louise!That was v.helpful,my friend had actualy already sent me that link,regarding the 110 euro direct visa.So like you sugested,i seem to be on the right track anyway..Just gota wait for this garda form so before i do anything else,and from reading through previous posts,i hope the guards dont forget to send my forms off!!or fill them out in-correctly:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

Hey!

I paid the €110 today with AIB. Not convinced about the whole thing to be honest. The receipt I got says the status of the transfer in pending, so I can only assume that can't be considered proof of payment, but the chap says I'll be getting a letter in 3-4 days "Outward Payment" or something? Also I don't understand how your name, date of birth and IEC identification number can be included on a proof of payment. F*ck sake. Anyone else wired the money yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

Teebco wrote: »
    Because when I went to Oz and NZ they needed my passport so they could stick the actual visa into it. I had to send it away for about 2 weeks I think. Just presumed this would be the same.
    What visa did you have? I had the Working Holiday Visa (417) for Australia and my visa was just an email. But for this visa anyway, I can't foresee any need for you to send your passport to the Canadian Embassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theajaxkid

Paula C wrote: »
    Guys i jus noticed that wen ur attaching your proof of purchase make sure you have it saved as a pdf.it says it in the email link.you wouldnt want to send it and them not being able to open your it or read it.there seems to be a few going to bank today cud u let us know how u get on and if its easy enough to get receipt from bank wit all ur details on it.how long would it take to wire money internationally?
    I did mine with Nationwide (in Northern Ireland). Buggers charged me £25 for it.. but I did get a receipt and it'll go through to their bank this evening or tomorrow morning. Sweet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

I just completed the transfer.
    I did it with Permanent TSB and it cost me 50 cent!
    I just handed the girl in the bank a copy of the email and she did the rest.
    It just says 'It may take up to 5 business days for a Euro payment to be credited' on my receipt.

I hope they can open my pdf file.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hey!

I paid the €110 today with AIB. Not convinced about the whole thing to be honest. The receipt I got says the status of the transfer in pending, so I can only assume that can't be considered proof of payment, but the chap says I'll be getting a letter in 3-4 days "Outward Payment" or something? Also I don't understand how your name, date of birth and IEC identification number can be included on a proof of payment. F*ck sake. Anyone else wired the money yet?

Hey. So do you have to wait for the letter in 4 days time before you can submit the transfer? I am with the AIB too. Also, I presume that you just write down your identifiction details including your id number on the proof of payment document?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

cybrandian wrote: »
    Hey. So do you have to wait for the letter in 4 days time before you can submit the transfer? I am with the AIB too. Also, I presume that you just write down your identifiction details including your id number on the proof of payment document?

I'm gonna hold out for that letter anyway and hope it makes things clearer. I guess you can just write the details on it, but they're entered in the link in the email anyway so I'm not sure if they need to be on the actual bank document as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

Hey!

hi myself and my friend went into aib to try pay the 110 euro.. but they say we have to share the charges as in france will get charged also....
    and it clearly states on the email that france wont accept the charges!!!

help :eek::eek::eek:

theajaxkid wrote: »
    What visa did you have? I had the Working Holiday Visa (417) for Australia and my visa was just an email. But for this visa anyway, I can't foresee any need for you to send your passport to the Canadian Embassy.

I had a working holiday visa in 2000 for Oz and in 2005 for NZ. The visa was like a sticker glued onto a page of my passport by the embassy in both cases.
    That's grand so if I dont need to send it off. Makes life easier. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

niva*sis wrote: »
    hi myself and my friend went into aib to try pay the 110 euro.. but they say we have to share the charges as in france will get charged also....

Hey guys,

I went into BoI today to pay the 110 fee and I was told the exact same thing

The charges have to be shared if it's an EU transfer of funds

Is there any other way to wire the money?

Feck I hope I'm after doing everything right. I'm afraid now that I'm after paying too little and their bank will get charged also.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jeck

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I went into BoI today to pay the 110 fee and I was told the exact same thing

The charges have to be shared if it's an EU transfer of funds

Is there any other way to wire the money?

I just did it online through AIB, they didnt charge me extra or mention charging France, dont know if this is anyways right as no one else has mentioned doing it online but it was easiest for me!

From what I've gathered from a bit of research online - No bank in Europe will allow you to transfer money within the EU and take the charges all on yourself

And this is proving a big problem for people in the UK aswell

Going to just transfer the money with my bank, as everyone is in the same boat

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    From what I've gathered from a bit of research online - No bank in Europe will allow you to transfer money within the EU and take the charges all on yourself

And this is proving a big problem for people in the UK aswell

Going to just transfer the money with my bank, as everyone is in the same boat

were ye able to up load the proof of funds then aswell though even thou ye did it thru the bank????? OMG been done to the bank twice i keep gettin a different story like....now tryin to ring the canadian embassy and no answer .typical when i badly need them:mad: did anyone fill out the paylink euro international payment application form ????????

I didn't transfer the money. I wanted more clarification on what to do before committing

I'll transfer tomorrow. Hopefully someone hears something definative in the meantime

were ye able to up load the proof of funds then aswell though even thou ye did it thru the bank????? OMG been done to the bank twice i keep gettin a different story like....now tryin to ring the canadian embassy and no answer .typical when i badly need them:mad: did anyone fill out the paylink euro international payment application form ????????

I just handed the girl in the bank the email, she completed the paperwork, I signed it and she gave me a receipt. I scanned the receipt and sent it via the link they sent me. I just got an automatic reply to say they got it.

right now lads before i have a FIT!!!!!!!

is anyone paying through the Paylink Euro International Payment Application Form with AIB...
    if so are ye just paying the €110 or are ye going to give the extra €6.35 for standing charges at france so in total giving them €116.35????

it seems to be the only option..

is anyone else going with AIB what way are ye doing it?????

• Advertisement

just curious, where are you pulling the 6.35 from?

The fee to send the money from an Irish bank should be 50 cent (and BoI waive this fee, so it's free to do it with them)

the bank gave us the figure of 6.35...its the euro charge or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

niva*sis I went into AIB today to pay using their self service machine. I got a receipt and the payment type on it is Paylink Euro as you mentioned.

I asked in there about any fees and they said for an EU payment both parties have to pay their share of any possible fees by some european law. The french embassy are going to be receiving thousands of these payments so you would expect they have some agreement with their own bank not to be charged any fees on their end.

AIB charged no fee for a standard time transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I just got back from BoI, transferred. Wasn't charged anything at al, allthough i thought it would cost me 50cent. Asked them to ensure that the side on France will get charged, they said not to worry about it.
    Now i've got a paper copy, was gonna scan it as an img file, attach and send, but whats the story with only sending a PDF file??

right now lads before i have a FIT!!!!!!!

is anyone paying through the Paylink Euro International Payment Application Form with AIB...
    if so are ye just paying the €110 or are ye going to give the extra €6.35 for standing charges at france so in total giving them €116.35????

it seems to be the only option..

is anyone else going with AIB what way are ye doing it?????

I did it online, if you have internet banking and a code card its simple , no charge either...

http://www.aib.ie/personal/current-accounts/International-payments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

Is 6.35e the charge you pay so that canadian embassy dont get charged for receiving money.was talkin to my bank and they said the only way around the shared charges is to find out wat canadian embassy charged and add it on to cover cost.is that the cost 6.35?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

jeck wrote: »
    I did it online, if you have internet banking and a code card its simple , no charge either...

http://www.aib.ie/personal/current-accounts/International-payments

Good idea but what document does the system give you that will work as a proof of payment ? Would be very excellent if it can be done that way. Thanks

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Good idea but what document does the system give you that will work as a proof of payment ? Would be very excellent if it can be done that way. Thanks

It shows a statement with all the details on it, I saved it but it was a html or web page doc and all over the place, so i used a "grab" tool to take a pic of the whole statment , saved it as pdf and uploaded it, dont know if its right but seems to cover all the requirements...

At this stage I think I've messed up the payment and will be expecting everything returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

Hello all...first post on the boards!! Also got me conditional acceptance today. Heading to bank of ireland (in n.i.) tomorrow to make the transfer. Rang them today and was told that they do not charge the beneficiary and any charges that are incurred in France will be from their own bank, which there is no possible way for us to anticipate. So tomorrow my plan is... go to bank, transfer money, get receipt, scan receipt, type d.o.b, address, ID etc onto receipt, create pdf, SEND!! :)

Advertisement