Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

jeck wrote: »
    It shows a statement with all the details on it, I saved it but it was a html or web page doc and all over the place, so i used a "grab" tool to take a pic of the whole statment , saved it as pdf and uploaded it, dont know if its right but seems to cover all the requirements...

ok so jus the statement show ur name,dob ur reference number and the account number of bank your wiring money to?coz it says all this info must be on the proof of purchase.i think im goin to use the international payment app form to wire money coz all info on it and there is a section which says "senders message for the receiver"so im goin to write my name,dob and my reference number here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

maire61 wrote: »
    Hello all...first post on the boards!! Also got me conditional acceptance today. Heading to bank of ireland (in n.i.) tomorrow to make the transfer. Rang them today and was told that they do not charge the beneficiary and any charges that are incurred in France will be from their own bank, which there is no possible way for us to anticipate. So tomorrow my plan is... go to bank, transfer money, get receipt, scan receipt, type d.o.b, address, ID etc onto receipt, create pdf, SEND!! :)

If BoI in the north use the same forms as the south, there is a section with "Details of Payment". After the woman in the bank told me it can be used for any extra details, I stuck my name, my D.O.B. and my application number in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jeck

Paula C wrote: »
    "senders message for the receiver"so im goin to write my name,dob and my reference number here.

Thats exactly what I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maire61

retalivity wrote: »
    If BoI in the north use the same forms as the south, there is a section with "Details of Payment". After the woman in the bank told me it can be used for any extra details, I stuck my name, my D.O.B. and my application number in there.

Oh good stuff. Is this in branch or online?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Just submitted my receipt of payment

Basically what I did was, did it in branch in Bank of Ireland

Wrote my name, DOB and ref number into the Details of payment column, scanned it, made a PDF and sent it off

Really can't see what else they want us to do other than that

best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Intocable

Hey guys, sbout the charging side of things.
    The amount we are sending is so small that there will not be any charges their end anyways. They would only be charged if its over a certain amount. Hope this helps anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

right now, myself and my buddy went in to AIB to pay the fee,it was all up in the air to be honest.they have only one way of payin the transfer fee but it meant sharing the cost which is no good for embassy. so i rang the embassy and explained my problem and nothin new there,they were not fully sure !!!!! so the outcome of the phone call was do what ur bank suggests you do....so we ended up payin thru internet banking(went in to bank and did it on their machine and a lovely lady helped us)we printed out the slip and it says pending...........

so now we're hopin if we go back on to our banking tomorr afternoon on internet that it will say money was accepted,print that slip on and we'll probably tryin upload it and send return our e-mail to them with the details.....ill be adding a note to explain problem with the banking. so if everyone pays thru internet banking...they cant reject them.....,,,what people think??????

maire61 wrote: »
    Oh good stuff. Is this in branch or online?
    In branch

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Hey,

I am currently filling out the pack to send off to Paris and have a quick question, probably sounds too easy but obviously dont want to mess up anything and have it all returned.

Its question 10 on the 3 page IEC application regarding if you have lived in canada for more than 6 months or any other country than your country of citizenship?

The first option is what Im looking at and it asks you name ? Is this the city you lived in and the next part is country ?

For example SYDNEY - Australia - (DATES)

If anyone knows please let me know thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wallyking

Hey lads. I got my police cert today but they have the wrong year in my date of birth on it.:mad: Just want to know do I have to re-apply for it? Presuming I do but thought I'd ask If there is any way they would accept it?

• Advertisement

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    Hey,

I am currently filling out the pack to send off to Paris and have a quick question, probably sounds too easy but obviously dont want to mess up anything and have it all returned.

Its question 10 on the 3 page IEC application regarding if you have lived in canada for more than 6 months or any other country than your country of citizenship?

The first option is what Im looking at and it asks you name ? Is this the city you lived in and the next part is country ?

For example SYDNEY - Australia - (DATES)

If anyone knows please let me know thanks

I believe so
    wallyking wrote: »
    Hey lads. I got my police cert today but they have the wrong year in my date of birth on it.:mad: Just want to know do I have to re-apply for it? Presuming I do but thought I'd ask If there is any way they would accept it?

I think you need to reapply for another cert

also..for anyone transferring through BoI in branch....when writing out the form, write hard with the pen so the customer copy is legible.
    i scanned my customer copy, could hardly see it, so had to go over it again with a pencil and rescan.

also,
    For anyone who has a paper receipt and a basic scanner (like me) who are having trouble
    making the pdf, i used this.

http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

scanned the receipt as an image, uploaded it to that site, returned it to me in a pdf, and used that in the submission to IEC...sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Paula C wrote: »
    Ye that seems right. Well lads has anyone been to bank yet?how did u get on?did u wire money over ok.get a receipt wit all ur details!eg date of birth and name and reference number.gona send mine off tomo.
    Same as yourself, Going to send this off 2moro.

I'm presuming there won't be too much hassle getting it done.

As per the email: The proof of payment must mention your first and last names, your date of birth and your identification number (ID), as indicated on your Download Certificate.

Surely if we show the bank this, they can do up a proper receipt for us?

Also, how likely is it to be rejected after this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

I am on the under 35 canadian usit visa. For the new IEC application there is a question 'Have you or a member of your family ever applied for a canadian immigration visa?'. So im guessing I have to put down yes?

There is a question on the application- have you or a member of your family ever applied for a canadian immigration visa.I was on the USIT Under 35 visa last year so do I have to click yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

wallyking wrote: »

I'd say you haven't a hope.

Mine was refused last year because they stamped it a different date than the date on top of the letter. Luckily with usit they reserved your place until you corrected any errors. The new procedure is just to decline you and make you apply all over again.

can2011 wrote: »
    I am on the under 35 canadian usit visa. For the new IEC application there is a question 'Have you or a member of your family ever applied for a canadian immigration visa?'. So im guessing I have to put down yes?

I put down yes, and as the reason I'm currently on the U35.

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    I put down yes, and as the reason I'm currently on the U35.

Have you been approved?

Has anyone been refused and know why?

can2011 wrote: »
    Have you been approved?

oops... no, i haven't yet! I dont think they've received it yet. I posted it from Canada last Friday.

They have 3 good reasons to refuse me..
    #1 I left out my middle name on the application even though it's on my passport and bank letter.
    #2 I gave a copy of the police letter rather than the original
    #3 I ticked yes!

So I'll reply with an update soon. Hopefully with good news :L

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    oops... no, i haven't yet! I dont think they've received it yet. I posted it from Canada last Friday.

They have 3 good reasons to refuse me..
    #1 I left out my middle name on the application even though it's on my passport and bank letter.
    #2 I gave a copy of the police letter rather than the original
    #3 I ticked yes!

So I'll reply with an update soon. Hopefully with good news :L

I left out my middle name and ticked yes and I got refused but I cant see y either of them would be a big issue.

• Advertisement

has anyone tried paying the money with AIB and what method did they use

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

Just to let you know. I got a call from PTSB bank.

What my bank is going to do is contact the Embassy bank in France and tell them that if there are any charges on their side just to invoice me directly instead and that the full amount of E110 is to be paid to the Embassy.

So I feel a bit more at ease now.

Teebco wrote: »
    Just to let you know. I got a call from PTSB bank.

What my bank is going to do is contact the Embassy bank in France and tell them that if there are any charges on their side just to invoice me directly instead and that the full amount of E110 is to be paid to the Embassy.

So I feel a bit more at ease now.

its amazin that the embassy havent this better organised..every banks seems to have the same problem transferrin the money....hope at this stage they wil accept anyway of paying because it aint our fault.things are stressful enough without this !!!!!!!:D

Thought some people here might find this useful

I found it on another forum where somebody emailed the IEC for clarification

Good afternoon;

The BRED Banque Populaire in Paris does not charge a fee for accepting a Participation Fee Payment through the IEC. You must pay the fee levied by your banking institution and then ensure that the correct fee amount has been transferred to the account in Paris.
    Best regards,

The IEC Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 obeara

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Good afternoon;

The BRED Banque Populaire in Paris does not charge a fee for accepting a Participation Fee Payment through the IEC. You must pay the fee levied by your banking institution and then ensure that the correct fee amount has been transferred to the account in Paris.
    Best regards,

The IEC Team

Thanks, thats a relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hey All

I wired the money via AIB today. All they have given me though is a copy of the Paylink Euro International Form that I filled in myself, and signed.

It does have an NBP payment number though, and it is stamped by the bank.

Do you think this will be sufficient as proof of payment?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

Proof pf payment- I just sent a copy of the wire transfer form I filled out in the bank- boi- is this enough??

Proof pf payment- I just sent a copy of the wire transfer form I filled out in the bank- boi- is this enough??

none of us know unfortunately

It's exactly what I sent, with name DOB and ref number filled in in the "Details of Payment" field

No point in getting yourself worried now, all you can do is wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

cybrandian wrote: »
    Hey All

I wired the money via AIB today. All they have given me though is a copy of the Paylink Euro International Form that I filled in myself, and signed.

It does have an NBP payment number though, and it is stamped by the bank.

Do you think this will be sufficient as proof of payment?

Thanks!
    its what they gave me too! my nbp number is blank though was yours filled in?? and the teller never even signed it at the bottom have to go back down tommorow! swear im closing my account with these after its done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

Just got this email. Happy days. So looks like the payment went through ok in the end.

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted by the Youth Mobility Unit.
    Your file was forwarded to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK today for the second evaluation phase.

Advertisement