Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

Teebco wrote: »
    Just got this email. Happy days. So looks like the payment went through ok in the end.

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted by the Youth Mobility Unit.
    Your file was forwarded to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK today for the second evaluation phase.

Congrats mate! Just out of interest, when did you wire your payment? Just to have an idea of when to expect a response would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck with the rest of your application as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Teebco wrote: »
    Just got this email. Happy days. So looks like the payment went through ok in the end.

We are pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted by the Youth Mobility Unit.
    Your file was forwarded to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK today for the second evaluation phase.
    did you just scan and submit your proof of payment??

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

Congrats mate! Just out of interest, when did you wire your payment? Just to have an idea of when to expect a response would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck with the rest of your application as well!

Cheers.
    I wired the payment at about 1.30pm yesterday.
    Fingers crossed now for the next part.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teebco

beano345 wrote: »
    did you just scan and submit your proof of payment??

Yeah I got an A4 sized receipt from the bank. I scanned it and uploaded to the link that the Embassy sent me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

Hey so i said using online banking with aib.it says on statement there is no charge and statement i have has all the details required.in the "message to sender"section i filled out my name dob and id number.yesterday it said my transfer was pending but today its delivered and shows date.i figure this is enough proof so gona print screen, save as pdf and send off tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WHHHHHHHHACK!!!

hey :)

will be hittin vancouver hopefully in may/june...cant wait!!:D Its gonna be fun fun fun!!:rolleyes:

only lookin in to it now,totally have to get move on and sort this all out havent even looked at forms yet & need to get my police cert:eek:...

so just a question so if applying independently without usit (wohooo luv this new system) whats story with flights???...

(after you sent off all your documentation and when they approve it and you are issued your visa...) fingers crossed!! hope get that police cert haa!!

Does it mean that this year can you arrange your own independent flights and insurance??...

So the cost is: flights + insurance + the €110 cost of visa
    Am i missing anything?? if so this will be a cheaper option than previous years providing one finds cheapo flights..

Thanks in advance for any help:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

WHHHHHHHHACK!!! I'm glad your enthusiastic, however take some time to read the FAQ on the embassy's website, together with the many other posts on boards.ie concerned this issue.

In my opinion, it's possible you're cutting it a bit fine. No one knows exactly how many people applied but my guess is "a lot." Put your name on usit's waiting list immediately, it's good to have another option.

When your application has been accepted you will be issued with a letter of introduction. It allows you to enter Canada by flight, rail, boat, however you like, within one year of the letter being issued. You do not need proof of flights. However, you will be required to purchase travel insurance before entering Canada. The only time you may be asked for evidence is at immigration when you arrive in Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WHHHHHHHHACK!!!

heey

tenchi-fan cheeeers for the advice:)
    ah yaa defo gonna start the ball rollin tomorrow with police cert....lets just hope it goes to plan-positive thinking and all that jazz!..:rolleyes:

ahh ya'l see us in few months posting that were counting down the days!! fingers crossed eh!!...

just put my name on usit waiting list too just incase...:o

will let know how it goes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Proof pf payment- I just sent a copy of the wire transfer form I filled out in the bank- boi- is this enough??

I got another email today from the YMU people, saying that the first evaluation phase is complete (I sent my copy of my wire transfer yesterday). It says that y application has now been sent to the High commission in London for the second phase.

I also done it through boi

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

They also accepted my BoI receipt, just scanned a copy of it and attached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Paula C wrote: »
    Hey so i said using online banking with aib.it says on statement there is no charge and statement i have has all the details required.in the "message to sender"section i filled out my name dob and id number.yesterday it said my transfer was pending but today its delivered and shows date.i figure this is enough proof so gona print screen, save as pdf and send off tonight.
    Just done the same as you there Paula. Let me know when you get acceptance mail back. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Cian, 25 recently moved to Montreal! I'm here for good, I have lived in Vancouver before on a U35 visa. Working on my french but it isn't great. The snow is crazy recently so trying not to go outside too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

retalivity wrote: »
    I got another email today from the YMU people, saying that the first evaluation phase is complete (I sent my copy of my wire transfer yesterday). It says that y application has now been sent to the High commission in London for the second phase.

I also done it through boi
    Thanks Retalivity- I scanned a copy of the wire transfer form I filled out in the bank- is that what you sent? My boyf is getting a letter from AIB with all the proof of payment details they require and I'm just wondering if I should get similar from BOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jeck

looder wrote: »
    Just done the same as you there Paula. Let me know when you get acceptance mail back. Thanks

I done the same, but was worried as bank address is different on receipt page to that of email, was it the same on yers?... but I got the email saying onto next phase anyways so hopefully!

Ye i noticed that too bout the address but the bank name is correct and all the codes so what can ya do?anyway great to hear urs was accepted its great news.il be sending mine tonight now.jus to confirm.you only need the proof of purchase within the 10days right so that means theres no actual rush to hav the money sent and delivered within the timeframe right?so there is no need to choose urgent and fork out the money.im jus need to know for a friend whos sendin off her forms through bank of ireland today.

Ye i noticed that too bout the address but the bank name is correct and all the codes so what can ya do?anyway great to hear urs was accepted its great news.il be sending mine tonight now.jus to confirm.you only need the proof of purchase within the 10days right so that means theres no actual rush to hav the money sent and delivered within the timeframe right?so there is no need to choose urgent and fork out the money.im jus need to know for a friend whos sendin off her forms through bank of ireland today.

No need to choose urgent, if you do it tonight it should be through tomorrow online, Not sure abour BOI they told my sister 3 - 5 days and they would only do it on a Monday!?? so i just put it through mine online for her

Ye i didnt think of that actually.sure they could jus pay 110e through my account right.it wouldnt matter if i use my account number a few times to transfer the 110e would it?jus as long as theyre details are on the statement right!il def get them to go down that route if thats the case.online transfers are so much easier and less complex

Ye i didnt think of that actually.sure they could jus pay 110e through my account right.it wouldnt matter if i use my account number a few times to transfer the 110e would it?jus as long as theyre details are on the statement right!il def get them to go down that route if thats the case.online transfers are so much easier and less complex

Shouldn't matter, just have their id number and date and birth on it instead, as long as they get paid im sure they wont mind whos account its from! A lot less hassle doing it online from what iv read of peoples experiences with the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

I am really trying to laugh at this because if I thought for a minute it would affect my visa I would probably go wild.

Yesterday I went to the bank, paid my fee, sent off confirmation to the Embassy & so far so good ( I am waiting to hear that I am through to the next phase - fingers crossed)

Anyway, I was paying my bills online this afternoon & noticed that another second payment went out to the Embassy from my account this morning - addressed to 'PIG AMBASSADE DU CANADA ' instead of PIJ AMBASSADE DU CANADA . I simply CANNOT believe it & there is nothing I can do because this second payment is gone & it will appear on the Embassy's bank statement. Of course, I am naffed off about the money - that second 110 is lost & gone forever but calling the Embassy PIG ????!!. The bank are claiming ignorance & acting the . . . what a surprise.

No wonder 1/2 the country wants out !! I cannot wait to get to Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Demo2011 wrote: »
    I am really trying to laugh at this because if I thought for a minute it would affect my visa I would probably go wild.

Yesterday I went to the bank, paid my fee, sent off confirmation to the Embassy & so far so good ( I am waiting to hear that I am through to the next phase - fingers crossed)

Anyway, I was paying my bills online this afternoon & noticed that another second payment went out to the Embassy from my account this morning - addressed to 'PIG AMBASSADE DU CANADA ' instead of PIJ AMBASSADE DU CANADA . I simply CANNOT believe it & there is nothing I can do because this second payment is gone & it will appear on the Embassy's bank statement. Of course, I am naffed off about the money - that second 110 is lost & gone forever but calling the Embassy PIG ????!!. The bank are claiming ignorance & acting the . . . what a surprise.

No wonder 1/2 the country wants out !! I cannot wait to get to Canada
    lol i know the feeling they made a "pig" of my payment too cannot wait to leave these shores!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Kieran, 26, heading over to Vancouver in September hopefully for my second stint - went over back in 07-08 for 8 months. The plan is to stay out for atleast 2 years.

ps - Kokanee is like drinking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

i just got my e-mail sayin ive been accepted aswell so next e-mail should say letter of introduction,fingers crossed........
    lads we paid our money thru our INTERNET BANKING so dont waste ur time goin in to the banks and messing about with forms.....we uploaded our receipt as (PDF file) when it stated on the bottom of it that it was cmplete.and submit it thru the e-mail and bobs uer uncle !!!!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 20 wallyking

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    I'd say you haven't a hope.

Mine was refused last year because they stamped it a different date than the date on top of the letter. Luckily with usit they reserved your place until you corrected any errors. The new procedure is just to decline you and make you apply all over again.

Went into the the station and they changed it for me with no hassle. All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Could anyone tell me about the proof of funds form. I got mine stamped officialy with my bank and signed, is that it? Or is a account print out required???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

baldbear wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me about the proof of funds form. I got mine stamped officialy with my bank and signed, is that it? Or is a account print out required???

Stick to the requirements on the checklist. An account printout is not required as part of the application.

However, you may need proof of funds when arriving in Canada. Bring a page from your bank statement with you as evidence.

Sent my proof of payment of wednesday afternoon and haven't heard anythin yet- gettin a bit paranoid seeing as other people seem to have heard back within 24hrs? Id anyone else waiting to hear back??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Sent my proof of payment of wednesday afternoon and haven't heard anythin yet- gettin a bit paranoid seeing as other people seem to have heard back within 24hrs? Id anyone else waiting to hear back??:(

I did mine on Tuesday and haven't heard back

Did you do it in Branch? I wouldn't worry too much, the bank did say it would take a few days to clear for me

I'd imagine the way they're doing it is, when your payment clears, they get your reference number off it, grab your file, then forward it on

Thanks that's calmed me!!! My bank rushed in through for me yesterday- gotta love country branches so hopefully should hear soon- This process is just so nerve raking.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Thanks that's calmed me!!! My bank rushed in through for me yesterday- gotta love country branches so hopefully should hear soon- This process is just so nerve raking.

Yup, agree on the nervy part

It's well worth it though, I got back from a year in Vancouver in October, and I'm itching to go back again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

Is anyone applying with a common-law partner? It says in FAQs to put their details in Section 1 of the form, but it doesn't specify if you have to put their details Sections 8 and 9 where it says:
    [FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
    The following questions apply equally to the applicant and any member of the family:

Not sure whether to fill it in or leave it blank.... or maybe we'll just apply seperately to avoid confusion.

Any advice???
    [/FONT][/FONT]

Advertisement