Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I would imagine that the questions only apply to children or dependents....if your common law partner has their own application, then their responses should be covered there.

my two cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭can2011

juno2009 wrote: »
    Is anyone applying with a common-law partner? It says in FAQs to put their details in Section 1 of the form, but it doesn't specify if you have to put their details Sections 8 and 9 where it says:
    [FONT=Arial,Bold]
    [FONT=Arial,Bold]The following questions apply equally to the applicant and any member of the family:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Bold]Not sure whether to fill it in or leave it blank.... or maybe we'll just apply seperately to avoid confusion.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Bold]Any advice???[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Hi have a common law partner but we applied and sent them completely separate coz last year we applied as common law and it was sent back saying technically we werent

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

has anyone paid the money,sent back the info thru their e-mail and not got an e-mail back to say they've passed phase one ???????? :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

den1982 wrote: »
    has anyone paid the money,sent back the info thru their e-mail and not got an e-mail back to say they've passed phase one ???????? :eek::eek:
    just got my e-mail there sent the proof of payment yesterday! best of luck everyone we all deserve a drink after this:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 juno2009

can2011 wrote: »
    Hi have a common law partner but we applied and sent them completely separate coz last year we applied as common law and it was sent back saying technically we werent

Oh really! Thanks for that piece of advice, I think we will just apply seperately to be safe.
    Cheers :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

myself n my buddy clicked submit on the funds form at the exact same time and did the funds the exact same way, she got an email yesterday to say she is now onto the next phase i got nothing... anyone else in the same boat.........:confused::confused::confused:

beano345 wrote: »
    just got my e-mail there sent the proof of payment yesterday! best of luck everyone we all deserve a drink after this:D

chalk it down....sorry did u send off the proof of payment yest and u recieved the e-mail today to say you have completed phase one ?????? ya?????

chalk it down....sorry did u send off the proof of payment yest and u recieved the e-mail today to say you have completed phase one ?????? ya?????
    yeah ..have you not got yours yet??how did you make the payment??

i made the payment on wednesday through internet bankin same as my friend, i got the email to say they received it but nothing to say that im onto the next stage....

i got mine yest evenin but my friend submitted at same time as me and she didnt get anything back and we're kinda startin to worry now. we both got the e-mail to say they recieved it and i got the email then to say i passed the first phase and she didnt.why do u think the problem is???????????

• Advertisement

niva*sis wrote: »
    i made the payment on wednesday through internet bankin same as my friend, i got the email to say they received it but nothing to say that im onto the next stage....
    it probably takes a few days to clear so i wouldnt get too wound up! they probably have to check it against some number! i sent mine urgently yesterday aib told me it would be there that day!

i got mine yest evenin but my friend submitted at same time as me and she didnt get anything back and we're kinda startin to worry now. we both got the e-mail to say they recieved it and i got the email then to say i passed the first phase and she didnt.why do u think the problem is???????????
    did your friend use internet banking??

did your friend use internet banking??
    ya same as me. we did everything together up to clickin on the submit button together..its just odd like

ya same as me. we did everything together up to clickin on the submit button together..its just odd like
    ah i wouldnt worry they prob just havent got to hers yet! if yous both did it the same way and you got your e-mail saying accepted! im sure she'll get hers monday!

ah i wouldnt worry they prob just havent got to hers yet! if yous both did it the same way and you got your e-mail saying accepted! im sure she'll get hers monday!
    true..cheers ...best of luck
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

To anyone who got accepted, how long from the initial confirmation of having received your application, to the confirmation of conditional acceptance?

PrinceMax wrote: »
    To anyone who got accepted, how long from the initial confirmation of having received your application, to the confirmation of conditional acceptance?

they received my application on the 21st of jan and got the conditional acceptance on the 31st..

best of look with it :)

mine took 11 days but my friends arrived monday and he was accepted on tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭PrinceMax

Thanks for the replies. They haven't received mine yet, but I sent yesterday morning. I'm hoping I get conditional acceptance before 15th so I can hand in my notice for my job and apartment, so I don't have to pay another month's rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Thanks for the replies. They haven't received mine yet, but I sent yesterday morning. I'm hoping I get conditional acceptance before 15th so I can hand in my notice for my job and apartment, so I don't have to pay another month's rent.

I sent mine off from Toronto last Friday. Got conditional acceptance Wednesday. Sent proof of payment yesterday. Got notification that it's being sent to London today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Thanks that's calmed me!!! My bank rushed in through for me yesterday- gotta love country branches so hopefully should hear soon- This process is just so nerve raking.

Guys, I hate to tell you this, but it takes 5 days for the money to arrive in their account unless you pay a €30 fee for next day delivery.

I'd bet the embassy go solely by the proof of payment you submitted online.

they got my proof of payment on wednesday and i still havent heard that its been sent to london...

seriously now lads should i be worried...???:(:(:(

niva*sis wrote: »
    they got my proof of payment on wednesday and i still havent heard that its been sent to london...

seriously now lads should i be worried...???:(:(:(
    seems like your not the only one having this problem did a quick google search : http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700551&page=21 if you dont have it by monday id try ringing the embassy to get an answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

guys im clearly weeks behind everyone else here. i only have money for the proof of funds part of the visa app on monday hoping hte bank will stamp it, one thing is though I owe money on my credit card with them. will they take that into account and not stamp it becuase if they take that money off my 'savings' then I don't have the amount required.

i'm seriously panicking here now, so many people going for visas, and i'm weeks behind, think i'll go insane if i have to stay here. can do without having to wait another few weeks before i can clear my visa.....

Birdster wrote: »
    guys im clearly weeks behind everyone else here. i only have money for the proof of funds part of the visa app on monday hoping hte bank will stamp it, one thing is though I owe money on my credit card with them. will they take that into account and not stamp it becuase if they take that money off my 'savings' then I don't have the amount required.

i'm seriously panicking here now, so many people going for visas, and i'm weeks behind, think i'll go insane if i have to stay here. can do without having to wait another few weeks before i can clear my visa.....
    dont see why they cant stamp it and deduct the money you owe afterwards! tbh i wouldnt even mention you owe money to them when you go in!the proof of funds is just to say you have x amount to support yourself in canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Birdster wrote: »

No, don't worry about it, they are only interested in what is in your current/cashsave account. A credit card account is seperate, so has nothing to do with your proof of funds.
    Best of luck with the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Don't want to put a downer on it now, but conditional acceptance isn't a guarantee of acceptance. I would imagine it would be looking good, but the embassy in London still have to approve the application.

Would you not be better off waiting until you receive your letter of introduction before you hand in your notice? Just to be on the safe side?!

cybrandian wrote: »
    Don't want to put a downer on it now, but conditional acceptance isn't a guarantee of acceptance. I would imagine it would be looking good, but the embassy in London still have to approve the application.

Would you not be better off waiting until you receive your letter of introduction before you hand in your notice? Just to be on the safe side?!

ya i wouldnt do anything until you get the letter of introduction(confirmation u hav visa)....few people have been declined along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

ya i wouldnt do anything until you get the letter of introduction(confirmation u hav visa)....few people have been declined along the way.

Has anyone been issued with an actual visa yet ? Has anyone been knocked back after receiving the conditional acceptance ? If so, why ?Also, does anyone know what this second review in London consists of ? I understand it is security etc. but is there anything else ? I know I am not a criminal etc so have nothing to worry about that way but it has been so stressful up to this point that I dare not make any concrete plans yet. I am thinking that it is wiser not to book anything until the visa arrives in my email.

• Advertisement

Demo2011 wrote: »
    Has anyone been issued with an actual visa yet ? Has anyone been knocked back after receiving the conditional acceptance ? If so, why ?Also, does anyone know what this second review in London consists of ? I understand it is security etc. but is there anything else ? I know I am not a criminal etc so have nothing to worry about that way but it has been so stressful up to this point that I dare not make any concrete plans yet. I am thinking that it is wiser not to book anything until the visa arrives in my email.

i havent heard of anyone gettin a visa yet !!! its still a bit early.process time approx 8 wks but i think myself,give it another 2 wks and id say people who had theirs in on the openin day could get the letter of introduction.not sure whats the diffeence between paris and london is,must be to double check security and a few bits prob but its there they will issue the visas from i think. best of luck anyway

Advertisement