Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

den1982 wrote: »
    i havent heard of anyone gettin a visa yet !!! its still a bit early.process time approx 8 wks but i think myself,give it another 2 wks and id say people who had theirs in on the openin day could get the letter of introduction.not sure whats the diffeence between paris and london is,must be to double check security and a few bits prob but its there they will issue the visas from i think. best of luck anyway

From what I gather, Paris just do a preliminary check. They make sure your application is free from errors (missing forms, mistakes, and obvious ineligibility from the info you provided - e.g. not Irish resident or over the age limit), as well as accept the payments.

London will probably do the background and immigration checks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Birdster wrote: »
    guys im clearly weeks behind everyone else here. i only have money for the proof of funds part of the visa app on monday hoping hte bank will stamp it, one thing is though I owe money on my credit card with them. will they take that into account and not stamp it becuase if they take that money off my 'savings' then I don't have the amount required.

No, they only care about the funds in your bank accounts - probably less overdraft, as overdrafts are a negative balance that can be recalled at any time.

Loan accounts, including credit cards, are entirely separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Demo2011

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    From what I gather, Paris just do a preliminary check. They make sure your application is free from errors (missing forms, mistakes, and obvious ineligibility from the info you provided - e.g. not Irish resident or over the age limit), as well as accept the payments.

London will probably do the background and immigration checks.

Thanks.

This possibly explains why everything went so fast until now as phase 1 would have just been our applications being compared to a checklist etc. with content not actually read in any great depth. Den1982 probably has the right idea estimating at least another 2 weeks from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

i know i was on about it a couple of days ago lads but im wondering on an update as to whether people have paid the money,got there e-mail back to say they recieved the money but have not yet recieved the e-mail to say they have passed phase one ?????????:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

cybrandian wrote: »
    No, don't worry about it, they are only interested in what is in your current/cashsave account. A credit card account is seperate, so has nothing to do with your proof of funds.
    Best of luck with the app!

Thanks for replying all. Off to the bank I go in the morning. Think this is the most stressful visa application I've ever gone through!!! Good to see everyone is wound up as I am :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 romeosensini

Sorry, it may be posted/asked somewere in this thread...

Got good news of conditional acceptance.. my query is if i get the visa, how long do i have to travel/activate my visa?

I have work in ireland til june anyways and possibly a few months more, I need this work to get funds together to actually pay my way there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ician wrote: »
    Cian, 25 recently moved to Montreal! I'm here for good, I have lived in Vancouver before on a U35 visa. Working on my french but it isn't great. The snow is crazy recently so trying not to go outside too much!

I love Montreal! Lived there for four years, and it would be my first choice of places to live in Canada. Mr Xiney's French isn't great though, so we're in southern Ontario instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

je pleurniche l'attente pour aller à Canada :D:D:D:D :P

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    je pleurniche l'attente pour aller à Canada :D:D:D:D :P

"J'ai tellement hâte d'aller au Canada" would be far more correct. "Pleurnicher" doesn't fit in that sentence at all... neither from a vocabulary nor a gramatical point of view. It essentially means "snivel".

Xiney wrote: »
    "J'ai tellement hâte d'aller au Canada" would be far more correct. "Pleurnicher" doesn't fit in that sentence at all... neither from a vocabulary nor a gramatical point of view. It essentially means "snivel".

em no.. correction!!

it means.. cant.. !!!

• Advertisement

I assure you, it does not. Please google it if you don't believe me. Furthermore, "can't wait" can not be translated straight into French like that - it is an English idiom.

I assure you, it does not. Please google it if you don't believe me. Furthermore, "can't wait" can not be translated straight into French like that - it is an English idiom.

bien, im sur son possible

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    bien, im sur son possible

I'm honestly not trying to be mean here, but what are you trying to say?

Is it, "Bien, c'est possible"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

Sorry, it may be posted/asked somewere in this thread...

Got good news of conditional acceptance.. my query is if i get the visa, how long do i have to travel/activate my visa?

I have work in ireland til june anyways and possibly a few months more, I need this work to get funds together to actually pay my way there...

Here is the information from the IEC website:
    - Your letter of introduction will be valid for 12 months from its date of issue. It will indicate the deadline before which you must present yourself at a Canadian port of entry in order to obtain your work permit.
    - Your temporary work permit will be issued at the point of entry to Canada upon presentation of your Letter of Introduction, passport and proof of insurance coverage. It will be valid for a maximum of 12 months from your date of entry.
    - You may enter and exit Canada during the validity of your work permit. You must ensure that you meet the entrance requirements of the country you plan to visit. The High Commiission of Canada cannot respond to questions concerning entrance requirements or travel restrictions for countries other than Canada.
    from the page: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/working_holiday-vacances_travail.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

ENCORE EN FOIS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

PM's please if you would like to continue handbags in french;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

My bank said it should be there by today at the latest and I submitted my proof payment on Wednesday afternoon. the only message i got back was "We hereby confirm that your proof of payment of the International Experience Canada (IEC) participation fee was received at the Youth Mobility Unit of the Embassy of Canada in France on 02-02-2011.
    We will now undertake a final verification of your file. If everything is in order, we will forward it to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK for the second evaluation phase.
    As a reminder, the Visa Section will examine your application in accordance with Canadian immigration law and regulations. If your application is accepted at this stage, a Letter of Introduction will be sent to the email address that you provided on your IEC application form. If your application is rejected by this Section, you will receive a letter by post explaining the reason(s) for the refusal and the Youth Mobility Unit will automatically begin the reimbursement process."

Do I get another email before it goes to London??? Gettin nervous that I haven't heard anything since wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

My bank said it should be there by today at the latest and I submitted my proof payment on Wednesday afternoon. the only message i got back was "We hereby confirm that your proof of payment of the International Experience Canada (IEC) participation fee was received at the Youth Mobility Unit of the Embassy of Canada in France on 02-02-2011.
    We will now undertake a final verification of your file. If everything is in order, we will forward it to the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada in the UK for the second evaluation phase.
    As a reminder, the Visa Section will examine your application in accordance with Canadian immigration law and regulations. If your application is accepted at this stage, a Letter of Introduction will be sent to the email address that you provided on your IEC application form. If your application is rejected by this Section, you will receive a letter by post explaining the reason(s) for the refusal and the Youth Mobility Unit will automatically begin the reimbursement process."

Do I get another email before it goes to London??? Gettin nervous that I haven't heard anything since wednesday.

im in the same boat as you, myself and my friend both submitted the proof of payment on wednesday click the button at the same time and got confirmation email to say they received it, she got an email thurs to say she had passed that phase and it was being sent to london i still havent heard anything......

ok now I'm more nervous...did she use the same bank- could it be down to timing of when they received the payment??? This is horrible:(

ok now I'm more nervous...did she use the same bank- could it be down to timing of when they received the payment??? This is horrible:(

we have been doing everything at the exact same minute down to pressing the button, same bank same forms etc...
    im freaking out now girl if i dont hear something today i'll go spare....
    all along we've been getting our replies from the embassy at the same time, down to maybe a minute apart...

if anyone gets the email today to say they past this phase and its been sent to london please let us know.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭glenkeeran

well all

i applied for a few positions in canada "outside toronto" and will be having a few telephone interviews over the next few days. I am 37 and wont be applying for full residency yet. my question is if i get a job offer is it hard to get a work permit....thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I did mine Tuesday, and I haven't heard back yet. I didn't do it in my own branch though, so effectively the payment was only sent on Wednesday

There's really no need to worry yet. Unless you went for the express option, the money does take a few days to clear.

As they get it, they're probably checking the reference No. off the receipt and then passing your file on

If you did it last week I'd expect word today or tomorrow

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I did mine Tuesday, and I haven't heard back yet. I didn't do it in my own branch though, so effectively the payment was only sent on Wednesday

There's really no need to worry yet. Unless you went for the express option, the money does take a few days to clear.

As they get it, they're probably checking the reference No. off the receipt and then passing your file on

If you did it last week I'd expect word today or tomorrow

i did mine tuesday in the bank it had cleared by wednesday so i sent it to the embassy wednesday, got an email to say they recieved it withhin a few mins.. but nothing since then....

Im the same as you NIVA...and I'm now a nervous wreck waiting for this visa

i no girl, talk about stress like..
    i wouldnt be too mad if my friend didnt get the email to say it was gone to london.. and that was thursday, we would seriously wanna hear something today...
    i was thinkin bout emailing the embassy but they prob wont answer..

not a bad idea- do they have a telephone number I have a friend fluent in French so if I could ring I could get her to speak to them

not a bad idea- do they have a telephone number I have a friend fluent in French so if I could ring I could get her to speak to them

not sure how to get the french number..
    i emailed them before on the 17th of jan and im still waiting on a reply!!!! but that was for something else to do with the visa, so i really dont trust emails with them either..

do u no of anyone else waiting??
    there cant be something wrong with our files so far if they've asked for the money like..

I'll ring the Irish Canadian embassey at lunch and see if I can get a number for the french IEC- prob best bet...seems to be about 3 or 4 of us in the same boat of irishboards. Did you fill un your form identical to your friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

niva*sis wrote: »
    not sure how to get the french number..
    i emailed them before on the 17th of jan and im still waiting on a reply!!!! but that was for something else to do with the visa, so i really dont trust emails with them either..

do u no of anyone else waiting??
    there cant be something wrong with our files so far if they've asked for the money like..
    (+ 353 1) 234 4000 not sure if this number is for the canadian irish embassy or the uk canadian embassy! as far as i know all irelands visa applications are dealt with in london!

• Advertisement

ya everything was the exact same..
    ok will u post on this later n let us no if u've an update..
    i'll do the same..

Advertisement