Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada 2010-2011?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭louisejscott

that looks like the an irish number maybe if you can ring them and if they give you a french number I can get my friend to ring...I can't really do much til lunch as I'm in work and ringing embasseys bout visa might give the game away!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Post up how you get on with the calls guys, would be interested to hear what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

that looks like the an irish number maybe if you can ring them and if they give you a french number I can get my friend to ring...I can't really do much til lunch as I'm in work and ringing embasseys bout visa might give the game away!!!

just rang it there, was talking to some man and he said they dont deal with the visa in the dublin office and he said all he can do is direct me to the email address on the website to contact paris...
    i asked him had he a number for paris n he said no unfortunately...

girl im just gonna drop them an email now n see what happens..
    i'll keep u posted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

canadian embassy london visa section : Tel.: (44-20) 7258-6600
    to get in touch with the one in paris it doesnt give a phone number just a contact button : http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&highlights_file=&left_menu_en=&left_menu_fr=&mission=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Niamh_Cush

In the same boat driving me crazy!sent off proof of payment on wednesday also hoping to hear something today....fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭den1982

beano345 wrote: »
    canadian embassy london visa section : Tel.: (44-20) 7258-6600
    to get in touch with the one in paris it doesnt give a phone number just a contact button : http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng&highlights_file=&left_menu_en=&left_menu_fr=&mission=

i rang that english number last week and id to hang up cos i spent about 10 mins pressin buttons to get on to this section and next there was another ball of numbers to be pressing.i actually think at the end of it all they cut me off. the best thing to do is go on to the IEC website and there's a direct e-mail address for the french embassy and just e-mail it.they will get back to u within 24 hrs if they can answer it. they did for me anyway.STRESS AINT THE WORD

the Den- I'll wait til this evening see if I hear anything and then email them about my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

FreeAnd.. wrote: »
    Just to let ye know - I have just got an initial acceptance response from the IEC...my initial forms were scanned as accepted on the 25th Jan

very good... just wondering you know.. the second 3-page iec application form this needs to be filled out and signed separatley and not printed out from that of the first 3 -page iec application form. does this matter??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

A quick question or maybe people can lend me their opinion on the matter..

My application is in, payment processed, on its way to london. However for personal reasons, I would really want to be in Canada before the end of february. From the FAQ, it appears that I can go, get a visitor visa, once i get my letter of introduction, go to a border crossing and get the proper visa. I think thats what I'm going to do, but would anyone else have any advice or pointers? How long do people expect the second part of the visa to take?

any advice?

I think one thing that should put the worrier's minds at ease here is that there are a number of us in the same boat. (And people on other forums too)

They haven't simply lost our files or anything

Defo just waiting for the money to clear

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »

My application is in, payment processed, on its way to london. However for personal reasons, I would really want to be in Canada before the end of february. From the FAQ, it appears that I can go, get a visitor visa, once i get my letter of introduction, go to a border crossing and get the proper visa. I think thats what I'm going to do, but would anyone else have any advice or pointers? How long do people expect the second part of the visa to take?

any advice?

well from my opinion,it being my first time ever gettin a visa,id rather wait til you get the actually letter of introduction before bookin anything.id say if ur stuff is in london,you should hear summit in the next wk or two max.to be honest i couldnt see you bein sorted by end of feb by time u get the visa paperwork back anyway, but ud never know !!!! let me know if u hear anything cos mine is gone to london since last fri...

the Den- I'll wait til this evening see if I hear anything and then email them about my application.
    e-mail them first thing in the morning and by the evenin you will hear..make sure u e-mail the right address by the IEC

den do you have the email- sorry at work and can't spend time looking on the net!!!

den do you have the email- sorry at work and can't spend time looking on the net!!!

ldn.iec@international.gc.ca...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Swingingdoor

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I think one thing that should put the worrier's minds at ease here is that there are a number of us in the same boat. (And people on other forums too)

They haven't simply lost our files or anything

Defo just waiting for the money to clear

I'd put money on that a lot of you will get the lovely e-mail this evening between 5 and 5.10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mistermister

You are very right swingingdoor. Just got an email at exactly 5.10 that says First evaluation phase completed.:D

stil no email for me :confused:

No mail for me either :(

this is a form of torture!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

me either!!!!!!!!!im hlad your all suffering aswell coz i cant take this!these nerves cannot be good for my health!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭niva*sis

no email either, oh my god PANIC STATIONS lads :eek::eek::eek:

im gettin grey hairs with the stress......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭SarahToronto

retalivity wrote: »

any advice?

hey there, I don't know of any law or any visa laws suggesting you cannot do this. However, now just keep this in mind, my friend did the same as you're thinking a few years ago.
    Her visa was due in another two months or so, she went over and in the airport Canada immigration were not happy that she's going over and she already has a visa in the works. They knew she had a visa in the works because they checked her passport number and it said on the PC, visa pending.
    The reason they were not happy? Because by waiting on her work visa she's going over early where she may be looking for work or starting to work illegally (to get that few extra weeks or months pay) before her visa is through.
    They let her into the country but stated that it was highly irregular for them to do so as she should be waiting for her visa before she enters. (she thinks she got in because she cried!)

Now honestly, I don't think they're going to be strict like this because people already in Canada can apply. So, try it out if you want, but if you want a visitor visa, Irish citizens don't need one. And if you choose to get a visitor visa, they usually takes a few weeks to get and you may already get the work visa before that.
    Perhaps just go over as if on holiday (no visa) you're not allowed work or anything or do internships but you can volunteer in a place that is not adding to your university work experience or in your previous field of study (this information is taken from the visitors handbook visa info. on Canada immigration website).
    If you go over as a visitor, remember your return flight should be within a few months of your landing in Canada.
    Next, don't forget to change your flight as soon as you are successful in the application process and change it before you go down to the border to get the visa.

It's a nice idea, but no guarantee either way whether it will work. However, I would not do this if I was on a flight to Canada via through the US. Those immigration officials may be more strict.
    Personally I'd wait, but Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Paula C

look wer all in the same boat so it must be ok.maybe it goes by when they recieved your application. For example my boyfriends application arrived on the 18th of jan and mine arrived a week later. we both sent our proof of purchase on the thurs evening and by fri he got his email saying it was to be forwarded onto uk but i still havent heard anything. Maybe its ecause they received his application 1st so they go by that order. Either that or its just random selection so you cant predict when youll get the email. Im sure its fine coz i know the money went out so it has to be ok

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Guys was just wondering - I'm going into USIT tomorrow to get my papers checked out. My Police Ceritificate was issued from Portlaoise Gardai Station but I reside in Dublin. Now it does state that my current address is in Dublin on the cert, it's just I had a hard time getting the Gardai here to give me a cert and I've lived most of my life in Laois, they had no problem issuing a cert. Do you think there will be any fuss over that?

glenkeeran wrote: »
    well all

i applied for a few positions in canada "outside toronto" and will be having a few telephone interviews over the next few days. I am 37 and wont be applying for full residency yet. my question is if i get a job offer is it hard to get a work permit....thanks

hey there,
    It is more difficult to get a visa if you're out of the 18-35 bracket, but by no means impossible. When I say difficult, the process is far longer and requirements difficult, but if you pass these stages there's no problem. I have not applied for these visas myself but my friends have applied.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
    Examples of visas - skilled workers class visa and the provincial nominee visa etc.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
    Above are link to the Canada immigration website with your visa options which I'm sure you know all about at this stage. It is easier to get these visas and so jobs outside of major cities and especially in provinces which are not BC or ON.
    Why? They need people and work in these provinces, families going over are even better. Okay once you have the job, the visa will be simple to get, provided it passes the LMO or simliar stage. (LMO labour market opinion.) And the employer doesn't just offer you the job, they have more responsibilities. They sponsor you as well, basically filling out forms saying this job is 'glenkeeran's', because they are best suited to this position, I've found no Canadian or person currently in Canada who can do this with the right experience/knowledge, and I will keep this position open for them until they arrive here with their visa.
    (all info. is in the links above)

Other visas don't require jobs at all, I think this is the Canadian experience class visa, but correct me if I'm wrong. One of my friends got that visa.
    Plus, the the all of above visas are more longterm, not just giving you temporary residency but putting you on the road of permanent residency and finally Canadian citizenship.

niva*sis wrote: »
    not sure how to get the french number..
    i emailed them before on the 17th of jan and im still waiting on a reply!!!! but that was for something else to do with the visa, so i really dont trust emails with them either..

do u no of anyone else waiting??
    there cant be something wrong with our files so far if they've asked for the money like..

Hey there, when it comes to emailing them in france don't hold your breath.
    Here was a response to an email I sent them regarding something important THREE weeks ago and never received another email. Try calling them if you do find a number.

*** Please note that this is an automated message. Please do not reply to this email. ***
    Dear Client,
    Thank you for the email that you recently sent us.
    We expect to follow up on your inquiry and provide you with an answer within the next five (5) business days.
    Please note that sending multiple emails concerning the same request will not accelerate the response delay.
    Your patience is greatly appreciated.

hmmm....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just got a pine call from usit and i accepted to go on the programme with them however i had signed up for the basic programme and they have put me on the comprehensive programme where i have to book flights and insurance with them:mad: this is not what i signed up for, i rang and your one will ring me back tomorrow but they said the basic one is sold out how can that be when there both the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

If you go over as a visitor, remember your return flight should be within a few months of your landing in Canada.

Next, don't forget to change your flight as soon as you are successful in the application process and change it before you go down to the border to get the visa.
    This is something I just realised...crap!
    It's a nice idea, but no guarantee either way whether it will work. However, I would not do this if I was on a flight to Canada via through the US. Those immigration officials may be more strict.
    Personally I'd wait, but Good luck!

I would be going through the states on my way there, so that screws it up too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Thats it the more i think about it im going to cancel tomorrow, i had signed up to the basic package and she sold me the comprehensive, i had to accept there and then so i was in a tizzy.
    There some crowd and they wont get away with it from me, i dont care if i cant go to Canada until next year but i wont be conned by usit:mad:

• Advertisement

Thats it the more i think about it im going to cancel tomorrow, i had signed up to the basic package and she sold me the comprehensive, i had to accept there and then so i was in a tizzy.
    There some crowd and they wont get away with it from me, i dont care if i cant go to Canada until next year but i wont be conned by usit:mad:
    read last yrs comments//USIT arre gangster......................why u think we are goin thru the embassy:D:D

Advertisement