Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaio DVD drive sounds like Jet Engine!!

Options
  • 30-07-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi folks.

In march I bought a Sony Vaio from DID Electrical. Only 2G Ram, 1.8 Ghz but it's a nice laptop and I was very happy with it. However, recently the dvd drive is making a huge amount of noise when it reads the disc. Note: DVDs still play fine on it.

It is ridicoulosly loud - I can't even watch a dvd on the laptop because of the noise - and it vibrates so much that whatever the laptop sits on starts to vibrate aswell!! The thing is, it only happens once every five minutes or so, and lasts for about a minute, as if the drive was buffering a certain amount and then stopping.

I was wondering, is there a way via windows I can stop the dvd drive performing like this? Or should I just bring it back to DID and get them to look at it? I reckon if I bring it back, i'll be without a laptop for a few weeks :(

Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

yeah you will need to bring it back and DID will ship it back to the UK for repair

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

There's nothing wrong with it. Some drive's do that, especially when spinning at full speed.

It could be just how the software reads from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

hold up hold up!

You should look to the sony website and see if there are any new drivers for the drive!

If that still doesn't solve the problem then i'd bring it back!
    Especially if it's proving to be detrimental to your viewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yeah somethings not right. My Dell in work does that too, i don't really care though since i'm not exactly watchin movies on it!

Advertisement