Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom cat went on the carpet

• 30-07-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I was feeding a stray cat and I left the door open to see would it come into the place and it did but it also left it's mark and now the place stinks. I found where it went and cleaned up as much as I could and used water/vinegar on it also orange smelling washing up liquid but I still smell it. I'm getting a cat from an animal shelter and they want to look around the apartment before they give it to me but I don't want them thinking I have another cat or had a cat, I'd be worried they wouldn't give me this cat.

What will work that will get the smell out? I'm going to have a look around in the kitchen (he got into one of the presses) and see did he do anything there aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Oh dear me. My fellow went in my car (i took him on as a stray and while on way to vet to be neutered he peed in fright) and to be honest, even after a valet, baking soda, citrus, dettol and taking out teh seat and soaking it through in shower it still has a smell.

Maybe soem other posters can help, MinesAJackDaniels always seems to ahve extensive knowledge, maybe he ahs a tip?

Would be interested also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I read a good saying on a website before tha tsaid all the nag champa in India won't get rid of that smell and it's sadly true, my only advice to you is to but a little rug and throw it down on the spot thats what I did, the vinegar and baking soda thing doesn't completely get rid of it unfortunately! Those really expensive sprays designed to get rid of pee odours don't work either (b*stards!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have a similar problem with neighbours un-neutered tom coming in and spraying around my kitchen:mad:
    I have found Zoflora disinfectant very good, also washing powder mixed with bit of water and plenty of elbow grease. Air the place well too, I'm always convinced I can smell it for days but others have said they can't smell a thing.

Advertisement