Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80si Hot/Cold Problem

Options
  • 30-07-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey People,

I saw there were a few shower problems posted here , so I said I'd throw mine in the hat and maybe someone might solve my problem .

I have a Triton T80si Shower giving trouble..Going from a nice hot temp to cold...I've just fitted a new thermostat and element/tank assembly but same problem ???

I notice that the tank assembley was slightly different , as in , there were all the same type contacts except in slighty different places..

As for the theremostat it seems regardless of which way I wire it ans I still get the same results..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

OB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

OB1CAN wrote: »
    Hey People,

I saw there were a few shower problems posted here , so I said I'd throw mine in the hat and maybe someone might solve my problem .

I have a Triton T80si Shower giving trouble..Going from a nice hot temp to cold...I've just fitted a new thermostat and element/tank assembly but same problem ???

I notice that the tank assembley was slightly different , as in , there were all the same type contacts except in slighty different places..

As for the theremostat it seems regardless of which way I wire it ans I still get the same results..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

OB

A triton T80 is a mains fed shower so if the temp is adjusting hot and cold it usually means that the mains is not strong enough

Where are you living? The T80 is only suggested for use in dublin and galway. Triton produce a pump called a T450i its purpose is to lend support to the mains when you get pressure problems.

This says a lot to me!

1. It says that the T80 is not a reliable shower

2. It says that the mains is not reliable

although all that being said if you want a shower in the attic that produces its own hot water you have no alternative but to either get a T80 or go with a Monsoon 330n which is a dear alternatve

You have 2 choices.

Either fit a T450 i pump to the system

Change your shower to a T90 pumped tank fed shower!

I am assuming that your shower is a) perfect and b) operating of the mains as it should be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 OB1CAN

OK , Where am I ?

I live in East Cork.. The shower is approx 8 years old..Always worked grand and then recently started to become unreliable... As I said I fitted a new stat and heating element and still no joy ..

I just had a shower there and found that when I left it at the single red line (which I think means element no.1) the water lacks decent umph but at least remains at a constant temperature.. It seems (maybe) that when I set it to the 2 red line mark and have to reduce the temp from 7 - 5 , and the water pressure is fine that then , the temp starts to cycle hot and cold..

What a mouthful , I know , but not been in the trade it's a tad hard to convey the exact prob.

I've already spent €`100 between the stat and the element/tank.. Is there anythig else I can replace ???

The options of the pump you suggested is a bit expensive after what I've put in and also the fact the shower old.

Again thats for your reply.

Regards,

OB

Down at the end of the tank assemby it sits into/onto an outlet pipe with wires attached to it that run all the way up to the top of the tank .. I found that one of these wires was scorched so i replaced the wire also

Outlet Pipe Assembly c/w Wires and PRD

OB1 New shower is what you want. Sorry!

If your spending 100 euro on a shower that costs 180 new i think your floggin. Sorry.

On your problems.... I have an expression which I hope does not sound condescending if i never heard of the problem its not normal. I never heard of your problem. I am sorry!:D

Joey,

I think you're right and a new shower crossed my mind , since there are still triton 80's still available (at the moment anyhow )

I'll strip the stat and element and keep them as spares for the next new t80.

Thanks for all your replies.

OB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Have you checked to make sure there is nothing impeding the water supply to the unit. A bit of grit or such like that may be causing an intermittent water supply?

danjo wrote: »
    Have you checked to make sure there is nothing impeding the water supply to the unit. A bit of grit or such like that may be causing an intermittent water supply?

Something I never said, sorry i would have thought this obvious but its good to say it. My bat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

as already said.sounds like a prob with pressure or restricted flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭unwyse

could be dirt in the water solenoid filter,check it out before you throw it out.

Right Foks,

At my wits ends today.. I bought & fitted a new shower.. Triton T80xr...

Works grand .. and the water is hot :)

I have a spare Tank for the T8si and a Stat if anyone wants it.

They cost me a ton.

Thanks for all the help..

Regards

OB1

• Advertisement

OB1CAN wrote: »
    Right Foks,

At my wits ends today.. I bought & fitted a new shower.. Triton T80xr...

Works grand .. and the water is hot :)

I have a spare Tank for the T8si and a Stat if anyone wants it.

They cost me a ton.

Thanks for all the help..

Regards

OB1

Why are you at your wits end and why are you replaceing it if your considering moving. Your mad. The new buyer would not have spotted that!

Advertisement