Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Scratched by Scumbag

• 30-07-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Have a 08 car that some scumbag scratched on drivers side, both doors, it dosent seem to be to deep. Probably done with a key I assume. Anybody any idea on price or any recommendations to who to go to. The real probleam is that the car is only rental, and they will probably say 1k to fix if they are true to form.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I imagine there will be an excess, but this is probably covered under rental insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

smcgiff wrote: »
    I imagine there will be an excess, but this is probably covered under rental insurance.
    usually if they are not not deep you can polish them out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Tcut them out, once they are not too deep (i.e. you don't see the primer underneath). Use a bit of polish then and should be like new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Because I am dealing with a rental company here, dont think they will turn around and say it can be polished out, more like 1k on to your credit card please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Conspiracy theory:
    Rental company are on the verge of going bust and have hired scumbags to damage cars so they can claim and make extra money from customers :D

I have said it so many times scummers should NOT be allowed to reproduce - the bloody mouth breathers only spawn more scum.

T-cut should fix the car - your insurance should cover it though.

• Advertisement

When I rang insurance company, they told me to deal with rental company first and then come back to them, so as far as they seem to be concerned its an issue between me and the rental company. Will wait and see tomorrow when I return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you should be covered under insurance that you get from the rental company when you hire the car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I rent cars quite often and all you'll have to pay is the excess....usually around €200 - €250.

I have a rental insurance policy with Axa which covers me for the excess and only cost €53 for the year so if I damage a car and the rental crowd charge me the excess Axa refund me the excess.

Mabey you should try T-cutting and polishing the scratches....it'll only be €10-15 for the stuff and might save you a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

steve06 wrote: »
    you should be covered under insurance that you get from the rental company when you hire the car!

Small matter of the excess.

I got a quote for the repair of 360. Just worried with the rental place will say they will have their own bodyspray place that look after it, as there is a bodyspray place right beside the rental com, and they will look to charge whatever they want between each other as it will think that the insurance company will be looking after it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Sorry if I come across rude etc but I think your missing the point.

I see it that you've rented the car from the likes of Hertz/Europcar etc and its got damaged.

All the rental company can charge you is the excess which should be on your rental agreement. Usually this is €200 - 250.

You will not be held liable for the total cost of the repair. Or else no-one would hire a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭fatboymsport

Nearly ever person that replyed to you said try to polish it out. maybe try that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i was in the States some dumb redneck yank tried to run me off the road and scratched my hire car. As it was a work Trip it would not look good if i had to use insurence so i got some tcut and it was as good as new.

If you look for advice try taking it and forgot about insurence

Advertisement