Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBM 3584 - Not assigning all volsers to logical library

• 30-07-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

I'm having a bit of trouble with an IBM 3584 tape library. A new high density frame was added to the library a couple of months ago and since then when the operators are adding tapes to the cap the library is physically seeing the tapes and their Volsers but some of them are showing on the web interface as unassigned to the logical library. We can manually assign them but i cannot understand why it assigns some and not others.

I don't think it's hardware related as the library is taking in the tapes, reading the barcodes and it knows what slots they're in so it must be a software issue.

I've upgraded the firmware to the latest (8870)

Does anyone have any ideas? I think it must be a setting somewhere but the user isn't very familiar with the library and I'm a hardware engineer so I'm not having much luck.

Thanks,

-Funk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ecsam

Did you find an answer to this? I have a similar problem after installing a new frame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

ecsam wrote: »
    Did you find an answer to this? I have a similar problem after installing a new frame

It turns out after the HD frame was installed, insert notification was activated through the ALMS feature code that was installed with the frame. I de-activated insert notification in the web interface and started loading tapes. All tapes went in with assigned volsers to the logical library.

I might be worth while looking at the ranges of your cartridge assignment policy also.

If you need anything else just let me know.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ecsam

Thanks for the reply.

Here is another link which i found on the same problem.

http://www.adsm.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4527

IBM suggested checking the Cartridge Assignment Policy, as they have seen this error on several sites.

Advertisement